Neighbors with straight-through loud exhaust in my condo

DeeMakMak

20 hours ago, DeeMakMak said:

That is the problem. I never tried talk with this guys. He can not suspect me.

I'd probably go with some sort of anonymous way of sorting it first.  If you ask him and he says nothing, you've lost any chance of any anonymity.

• Thumbs Up 2

Even in Australia, with all of its draconian road rules, nothing seems to be done about motorbikes with noise levels far, far above any reasonable limit, so I wouldn’t hold out too much hope for Thailand.

14 minutes ago, anntv said:

maybe just needs a repair. offer to help as most likely too poor to do it.

T I T

Bikers here shell out extra money for custom exhausts, as the manufacturer-supplied ones are too quiet.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 7/15/2024 at 10:13 PM, Pouatchee said:

your op was ambiguous... cars can have straight pipes too...

nuts, rocks... bad idea  go for bearings the size you find in a crank... 3 oughta do the trick... mechanics are greedy and will likely tell the guy he needs an overhaul cos his crank is about to go bust

About the dumbest reasoning I have ever heard. 

How do crank bearings get past the piston and out the exhaust port.

F*** me.

1 hour ago, sherwood said:

About the dumbest reasoning I have ever heard. 

How do crank bearings get past the piston and out the exhaust port.

F*** me.

About the stupidest reply i ever read. Ya think a thai mechanic will be smart enough to give a reasonable answer to a thai biker?

If you do you havent been here long enough.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 7/15/2024 at 9:08 PM, Pouatchee said:

nice big plump potato shoved in deep with a broomstick at 3 am always does the trick. make sure no cctv or cameras in the car... check for alarm

fools will be looking forever b4 they find problem and car/motocy will likely not start... towing+mecanic...

Even better can of instant expanding foam gap filler.

20 hours ago, Toby1947 said:

Do his tyres. Leave a note on his bike telling him this will happen every couple of weeks unless he sorts himself out. Big Bike tyres ain't  cheap 🤣👍😂

Fine, but watch the camera's.

On 7/15/2024 at 11:00 PM, atpeace said:

I too have had a few that went well but I've been here since 1998 and have seen some unbelievable squabbles

I have been in Asia, full time, since 1979. I traveled to Thailand several times, non-military, in 1971.

I have seen some squabbles, and have been an onlooker, many times, in court cases.

All the Farang I have known over the years are no longer with us here in Asia.

I am the Last Farang Standing!

The very best policy one must adhere to in Asia is this:  Avoid direct confrontation.  Also, avoid passive-aggressive confrontation. Both direct-confrontation and indirect-confrontation in East Asia and SE Asia inevitably boomerang on the Farang.

Maybe this is why having a lot of land is so important here in Asia.

Find a way to obtain land, and then build a small house in the middle of it.

Commune with the birds, especially the Thai Myna bird who is our friend, and never causes us heartache, but only provides us with joy and happiness.

I am not tired of the Human Race.  I have two friends, one here and one in Japan.  Two is the right number.

I am much happier now that I have made the move to not move out of my house, or beyond the gate of my wall.

I dearly hope that I never need return to the noisy condo life. 

That would be disastrous for my health and mental wellbeing.

Note: When I stated that I am now the Last Farang Standing... I really meant that I feel like....

The Last of the Mohicans....

image.png.132e10ccbf21544a1adb89b73ef0e6ac.png

An outcast in his own land...

But in my case, I am welcome in a foreign land, or feel so, anyway.

Edited by GammaGlobulin

3 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

I have been in Asia, full time, since 1979. I traveled to Thailand several times, non-military, in 1971.

I have seen some squabbles, and have been an onlooker, many times, in court cases.

All the Farang I have known over the years are no longer with us here in Asia.

I am the Last Farang Standing!

The very best policy one must adhere to in Asia is this:  Avoid direct confrontation.  Also, avoid passive-aggressive confrontation. Both direct-confrontation and indirect-confrontation in East Asia and SE Asia inevitably boomerang on the Farang.

Maybe this is why having a lot of land is so important here in Asia.

Find a way to obtain land, and then build a small house in the middle of it.

Commune with the birds, especially the Thai Myna bird who is our friend, and never causes us heartache, but only provides us with joy and happiness.

I am not tired of the Human Race.  I have two friends, one here and one in Japan.  Two is the right number.

I am much happier now that I have made the move to not move out of my house, or beyond the gate of my wall.

I dearly hope that I never need return to the noisy condo life. 

That would be disastrous for my health and mental wellbeing.

Note: When I stated that I am now the Last Farang Standing... I really meant that I feel like....

The Last of the Mohicans....

image.png.132e10ccbf21544a1adb89b73ef0e6ac.png

An outcast in his own land...

But in my case, I am welcome in a foreign land, or feel so, anyway.

Enjoyed the read and I too was in in Bangkok in 1971 for a year but I was 4 years old and don't remember.  Bet you have some interesting stories.  When did you come to Thailand to live?

I have mostly stayed in condos but the last 4 in rural Thailand in a small house we built  on the Mekhong river.  It was not supposed to be a permanent living arrangement but it seems to be now.  About 3 kilometers from a small tourist town but secluded enough.  

Need to enjoy your own company and a funny partner helps.  She is always doing something so rarely see her around the house but love the evening with her.  Interesting life but still not sure if it is where I want to be all the time.  She has places in Jomtien so that is always an option but usually spend only a month  each year at one of her places.  All my homes are now my ex wife's assets 🙂 She deserves them and I'm better off with less money to get into trouble with here in Thailand.

On 7/15/2024 at 10:29 PM, atpeace said:

Be careful and consider the consequences of bad planning.  Don't do it at the condo and video cameras are everywhere now.

I totally agree with you. I'm so careful even ready to cancel mission. I'm not maniac about this. If a safe opportunity arises ok.

On 7/15/2024 at 10:32 PM, Hummin said:

If not man enough to talk to them or the management, leave it, sabotage is not okay. 

Is it locals or expats? 

Expat

On 7/16/2024 at 10:07 AM, FritsSikkink said:

Do better research before you buy a condo.

This condo and district are just perfect for me. Even with this idiot. By the way, the second one disappeared.

UPD: In recent weeks I see this guy depressed, maybe my (or other residents of condo) curses have come true and he has problems with male potency. ))))))))

I still can not realize my plan, too many cameras. I keep waiting for a chance. I would like to find his bike in a parking lot somewhere in the city.

38 minutes ago, DeeMakMak said:

I still can not realize my plan, too many cameras. I keep waiting for a chance. I would like to find his bike in a parking lot somewhere in the city.

And do you think you are able to spot any camera wherever he parks "in the city"?

Don't bring yourself into legal trouble because of this.

10 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

And do you think you are able to spot any camera wherever he parks "in the city"?

Don't bring yourself into legal trouble because of this.

Yap, I understand the risk. I also can wrap a metal nut in foam rubber or plastic, which will only melt over time due to high temperature in the exhaust. He will not even understand where and when it happened. He won’t know which camera to take video from and for what time period.

• Love It 1

On 7/17/2024 at 1:02 PM, GammaGlobulin said:

Thank you. Yes, I really agree with you. My era where I tried to solve problems with scandals is over. Now I'm trying method number two - quiet revenge. I don't know, I'm not saint, I need and want justice. Again, these are rare cases and there haven't been any yet!!! Thanks Buddha. Basically, all problems CAN arise due to the way Thais drive on the roads. If this happens to me, I will get into a road accident and the Thai will be at fault and the police will acquit him because he is a local Thai (you know) I will most likely take revenge on him. Moreover, I will do this in 1-3 years, he won’t even remember me. I will first give the universe time to take care of justice.

Regarding the house... I admit, I am quite rich. But the house will cost several times more than the condo, plus the land is only for rent. And I just don't want to invest money in Thailand. Because I’m not an idiot, I see police chaos between a foreigner and a Thai in Pattaya (I even personally encountered it once). Although I lived in Thailand for literally 2-3 years. I'm not going to invest in Thailand, although I have extra money. These are their problems. I do everything so that if something happens, within 2 days I will be ready to leave Thailand for many years. This condo that I bought is inexpensive. I wouldn't buy an expensive one because I don't want to invest in Thailand, it's just an attempt to save on rent. Mentally, I already admit that I could lose this condo. For me this is not significant money.

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, DeeMakMak said:

Yap, I understand the risk. I also can wrap a metal nut in foam rubber or plastic, which will only melt over time due to high temperature in the exhaust. He will not even understand where and when it happened. He won’t know which camera to take video from and for what time period.

Hey, man...

I just do not understand this reference to metal nuts.

Is a metal nut something that can do a lot of damage?

14 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Hey, man...

I just do not understand this reference to metal nuts.

Is a metal nut something that can do a lot of damage?

I never tried it. People who invented this method say there will be a disgusting ringing sound when the engine is running. That is, the nut will fly/jump and bounce off the metal walls of the muffler, creating a nasty noise. Moreover, on direct-flow exhaust pipes this effect seems to be stronger, since there are no small channels there, more space and the nut will have time to accelerate and hit the wall of the exhaust pipe harder and will make more nasty noise.

52 minutes ago, DeeMakMak said:

I never tried it. People who invented this method say there will be a disgusting ringing sound when the engine is running. That is, the nut will fly/jump and bounce off the metal walls of the muffler, creating a nasty noise. Moreover, on direct-flow exhaust pipes this effect seems to be stronger, since there are no small channels there, more space and the nut will have time to accelerate and hit the wall of the exhaust pipe harder and will make more nasty noise.

OK. 

That sounds very effective. 

But, I had thought that you were trying to minimize noise, not increase it. 

On 7/23/2024 at 2:30 AM, GammaGlobulin said:

OK. 

That sounds very effective. 

But, I had thought that you were trying to minimize noise, not increase it. 

😄 😄 😄

I don’t think the owner can stand it more then 30 minutes and will go to mechanic to remove exhaust or even engine. If he is hard nut this will be a problem.

On 7/15/2024 at 10:15 PM, DeeMakMak said:

I have respect for the classics, Harley/Custom etc. I would probably tolerate it. Here we are talking about idiots on cheap stuff like Honda Wave or PCX, CB300, etc.

I don't respect Harleys at all and they are pure noise pollution, especially when unmuffled. I lived next door to a condo where one was parked, and when it started up, my place started rumbling and I was in the townhouses next door.

They are also a danger on the road. Have you ever been riding along quietly, minding your own business and suddenly an unmuffled Harley accelerates past you because the d**head riding it wants to impress someone? It can startle you. It feels like being attacked. It produces an adrenaline rush, the type you get when someone attacks you and it gets me angry too - not a good mental state to have on the road. 

Unmuffled Harleys can put out 120 db.

• Like 1

I'd recommend going with option 1—talk to the regular police. Explain what's happening and see if they can help. From my experience, involving the authorities is usually the best way to deal with noisy nuisances. Throwing a nut in the exhaust pipe might seem tempting, but it could end up causing more trouble for you.

I think you may leave some messages on that noisy room. If they keep doing it, you may tell the manager of your condo. If that room still keep doing so, take some videos to be your proofs for the police and bring that to the police station not the traffic police (as it’s not their duty and they have no right to get in your condo). Moreover, if they still do not care, you may post your videos on social media platform. Thais do love this kind of contents. When it gone be viral, that is the time that reporters would come to your condo and that noisy room have to come out to say or do something.

On 7/24/2024 at 4:39 PM, JensenZ said:

and suddenly an unmuffled Harley accelerates past you

That does never happen. Because you hear the loud noise before you see the bike - at least if the bike comes from behind you.

I am not a fan of very loud bikes. But I prefer bikes which make noise compared to sneaky bikes which you can't hear, and which are suddenly somewhere where they should not be.

47 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

That does never happen. Because you hear the loud noise before you see the bike - at least if the bike comes from behind you.

Feeling like another argument today?

It does happen. A bike comes off a slow idol, then hits the accelerator hard. If it didn't happen to me, I wouldn't have tried to explain it.

2 hours ago, JensenZ said:

Feeling like another argument today?

It does happen. A bike comes off a slow idol, then hits the accelerator hard. If it didn't happen to me, I wouldn't have tried to explain it.

Next thing you tell me that you are not able to hear an idling Harley with straight pipes... 

On 7/15/2024 at 8:24 PM, DeeMakMak said:

I recently bought a condo in Pattaya. The place is very quiet. But there are a couple of idiots with straight-through loud exhaust living in my condo

Ha, ha, welcome to the area newbie. 

Maybe buy some ear plugs and double glazed windows. 

If you get rid of this guy there are dozens of the same that will appear and annoy you. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST

On 7/15/2024 at 5:37 PM, still kicking said:

Bandidos ride mopeds?

I hear that most of the Bandidos who are gay  are going to form a specific  LGBTQ+ division within the gang  ?

On 7/25/2024 at 7:18 AM, rocketboy2 said:

Loud pipes  =  Micropenis.

I have a Ducati xDiavel, Termignoni exhaust, very loud and cool. 

My penis is larger than most. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1