It’s not us, it’s them!

25 minutes ago, MalcolmB said:

Bob is definitely a case study for male menopause 

Im impressed how much activity he manage to create day after day for the forum. He should get paid for his contributions soon. We are all slaves here, making money for the host. 

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

11 minutes ago, bob smith said:

I know right.

If only I had been here in the 1950’s…

That said, waitresses should serve to the standard that is required.

If you don’t like your job then don’t come to work.

end of.

bob.

That's the crux of it all. Waitresses and waiters get a lot of crapola from some customers and many don't leave tips. She might have had a bad experience before you arrived at the restaurant, either by a customer, her boyfriend, husband, mom or whoever. If it happens again the same way, you might see more. I'm guessing this woman never waited on you before as you didn't say this. Just that the service was bad. If it's her then you can try to avoid her station if she has one. If the rest of the workers give you the cold shoulder, and it isn't because you did anything harsh previously, then it's like a communicable disease. Someone tells someone that a farang treated them bad, and they look for this in others, the word gets spread around, and soon the whole place doesn't like farangs besides the cash they spend.

Like how all farangs are rich got started. One dopey farang gave his wife a lot of money, not knowing where he got it or how, and she brags to others how much she has. Soon the word gets spread around that we all have a lot of cash to burn, and they all want one. When they see a normal farang with more money than they have, but is frugal and doesn't throw it around, they think he's cheap. The only way locals really know how the western people live, is to spend a lot of time in their countries.

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, In Full Agreement said:

You mean keep it totally stupid, Bob?

nah.

that’s for your threads pal.

(..where are they btw?)

bob.

Edited by bob smith
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

She might have had a bad experience before you arrived at the restaurant, either by a customer, her boyfriend, husband, mom or whoever

…that has absolutely nothing to do with me, fred.

bob.

1 minute ago, bob smith said:

…that has absolutely nothing to do with me, fred.

bob.

I know, but just like people who race past you or cut you off, sometimes they have a valid reason to be angry. Nothing to do with you. You were just in the line of fire that day. If it continues to happen, best to just find another place to eat. Not worth the headache.

2 minutes ago, Keeps said:

Hadn't we established that susanlea was the new incarnation of sparktrader/bignok/uttaradit/dolf?

I get a bit confused.......

She’s alright sue.

…In small doses

bob.

32 minutes ago, Keeps said:

Hadn't we established that susanlea was the new incarnation of sparktrader/bignok/uttaradit/dolf?

I get a bit confused.......

They haven't handed out the programs yet

1 hour ago, Hummin said:

Im impressed how much activity he manage to create day after day for the forum. He should get paid for his contributions soon. We are all slaves here, making money for the host. 

I am happy to help out a fellow Brit make money here.

3 hours ago, bob smith said:

I’m now back in my home? or the place that I call home,. i.e the area where I do my visa..

I’ve just been for a meal at a regular hangout of mine.

Never again!

The service was so lousy it was unbelievable.

I ordered my usual.

It was thrown down on the table with no ‘enjoy your meal’ or anything.

they didn’t even look at me,

when I asked to pay my bill the woman threw the wallet down on the table.

no thank you, no nice to see you again. nothing.

I have been visiting this place a few times a year for about 10 years or so..

what is going on?

was it the clothes I was wearing?

was it my cologne?

or is it simply like some here have said..

they just don’t like regulars, particularly well integrated regulars who can speak the lingo.

something isn’t right.

it seems they love the green, fresh off the boat tourists but have no time at all for regulars who usually tip well.

i’ve done with tipping now.

until the standard of service in this country improves they wont be getting another penny out of me!!

bob.

It's not "us", it's you.

• Sad 1
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, Hummin said:

He does get paid. More clicks for the management.

I'm not really sure if anything you say is true, but this shouldn't be too hard to test.

Spend one week going to new restaurants and pretending to be fresh off the boat, then send one week going to new restaurants speaking Thai to them and making it clear you're a long-term resident.  See how you are received each week and then total it up at the end.

• Agree 1

Bob doesnt like his wife, didnt like to stop with drinking, however rejected a drink from a bar visitor.

Probably made in a nasty way clear the food wasnt right. Nagging about word "mate"

Constant factor, is just (bored?) Bob.

You were the one arguing in BTS train?

Edited by xtrnuno41

4 hours ago, bob smith said:

I’m now back in my home? or the place that I call home,. i.e the area where I do my visa..

Never again!

The service was so lousy it was unbelievable.

I ordered my usual.

It was thrown down on the table with no ‘enjoy your meal’ or anything.

they didn’t even look at me,

when I asked to pay my bill the woman threw the wallet down on the table.

no thank you, no nice to see you again. nothing.

I have been visiting this place a few times a year for about 10 years or so..

what is going on?

was it the clothes I was wearing?

was it my cologne?

or is it simply like some here have said..

they just don’t like regulars, particularly well integrated regulars who can speak the lingo.

something isn’t right.

it seems they love the green, fresh off the boat tourists but have no time at all for regulars who usually tip well.

i’ve done with tipping now.

until the standard of service in this country improves they wont be getting another penny out of me!!

bob.

Oh Bob, the horror! How dare they treat a decade-long patron like you with anything less than a red carpet welcome and a brass band? I mean, after all those years of gracing them with your presence and your unparalleled ability to “speak Thai,” the least they could do is bow down as you enter.

Maybe it was your outfit – they probably mistook you for royalty and got so flustered they forgot basic manners. Or perhaps your cologne was so overwhelmingly sophisticated it stunned them into silence.

And the bill! Thrown on the table? Utterly scandalous. Maybe next time you should consider bringing your own velvet cushion for them to place it on delicately. Clearly, the service in “Thailand” (which should count its blessings to have you) has plummeted. Those “fresh off the boat” tourists simply can’t appreciate the nuance of your long-term commitment to the country and generous tipping.

Yes, Bob, stick it to them! No more baht from you until they can properly cater to your refined expectations. How dare they not grovel at the feet of such a well-integrated, beloved regular? The nerve!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, bob smith said:

It wouldn’t bother me so much if I was a first time customer.

But i’ve been to this place many, many times.

they know who I am.

and they also know that I speak Thai.

perhaps there lies the crux of the issue?

maybe I should only ever play the dumb tourist going forward.

complete with wife beater vest, elephant pants and NY cap.

bob.

I don't know you, have never met you, don't even know what pronoun you use, she/he/they. But after reading this one post and three replies, I don't really like you. So some Thai people who see you three times a year possibly, I can understand them not wanting you to come back. Hence the service.

• Agree 2

17 hours ago, bob smith said:

Never again!

Perhaps they are all trying to tell you something. Like leave again and do not return. Haha

Maybe a previous farang customer had behaved badly, or maybe you yourself behaved badly during a previous visit, perhaps when intoxicated, and you are unable ro recall the incident. Either way, the behaviour of the staff about which you are complaining doesn'f sound at all like the normal behaviour of Thai people.