" Jump to content

Kurusapa is Driving Me Crazy

I am a NES teacher with a US teaching license and QTS. One year ago (July 2023) I applied for the "Qualification Certificate to Obtain a Professional License For Teachers In Case of Having Completed a Degree From Another Country." By applied, I mean I sent all documents Kurusapa requested and they confirmed as much. Then I paid the fee a few months later (their payment system was down for several months) and since then there has no been no further progress on my application. They told me that there would be committee meetings this past January and March where my documents would be reviewed, but that never happened for reasons they did not care to elaborate on. Since then nothing has been done, other than telling me that reviewing my documents will take a very long time and telling me I can use my proof of fee payment to get another teacher waiver. The problem is my visa and work permit expire at the end of this month and Kurusapa is dragging its feet on getting me the teaching waiver. My school is helping me and when my principal told them how urgent this is their reply was something along the lines of "we'll try our best." The principal also asked them when the "Qualification Certificate" would be issued and they said they had no idea and they were very sorry it has taken a year now. 

My question is: what can I do to get Kurusapa to actually do their jobs? It is unacceptable that they have not done anything with my application in one year, and that I am in a situation where I might not get my visa and work permit renewed because they cannot / will not get their acts together. I'm at my wits end here, and am even wondering if contacting an attorney would bear fruit one way or another. Please advise.

• Thumbs Up 1

Since you are coming from the US I would sue them in administrative court.

Dit you appply through their website? My renewal of the 5 year teaching license took less then 2 weeks last March.

30 minutes ago, Preacher said:

Since you are coming from the US I would sue them in administrative court.

Dit you appply through their website? My renewal of the 5 year teaching license took less then 2 weeks last March.

I sent them everything through Thai Post and have been regularly communicating with them through the Kurusapa LINE account. 

1 hour ago, thefarangteacher said:

How would that help when they already have everything they’ve asked for? 

From their website:

"KSP Self-Service is a service to facilitate the public. Those who wish to practice the education profession Education professionals
with 24-hour service. You can request various services through the Self Service system by yourself
. There is no need to send documents by mail or travel to the Secretariat of the Central and Provincial Teachers' Councils."

image.png.7d0ff7a0fb58c44c845236c605fff379.png

21 minutes ago, FritsSikkink said:

From their website:

"KSP Self-Service is a service to facilitate the public. Those who wish to practice the education profession Education professionals
with 24-hour service. You can request various services through the Self Service system by yourself
. There is no need to send documents by mail or travel to the Secretariat of the Central and Provincial Teachers' Councils."

image.png.7d0ff7a0fb58c44c845236c605fff379.png

What are you and the other poster suggesting, exactly, by encouraging me to apply online, when I’ve already applied by mail? Because I don’t see how starting the entire process over by doing this will help in any way. Via LINE, Kurusapa suggested I send all my documents by mail together since some documents could only be sent by mail, according to them. Please explain your reasoning. 

11 minutes ago, thefarangteacher said:

What are you and the other poster suggesting, exactly, by encouraging me to apply online, when I’ve already applied by mail? Because I don’t see how starting the entire process over by doing this will help in any way. Via LINE, Kurusapa suggested I send all my documents by mail together since some documents could only be sent by mail, according to them. Please explain your reasoning. 

Because you can check the status online and your system by sending things by post doesn't work.

6 minutes ago, FritsSikkink said:

Because you can check the status online and your system by sending things by post doesn't work.

I can do that now. There has been no progress on my application since I paid the fee last year. Hence why I have to ask on LINE for updates. 

I can do that now. There has been no progress on my application since I paid the fee last year. Hence why I have to ask on LINE for updates. 

A lot of systems here are geared to online as it is easier.  At worst applying on line doubles your application at best it speeds things up.

Really what do you have to lose.

45 minutes ago, kingstonkid said:

A lot of systems here are geared to online as it is easier.  At worst applying on line doubles your application at best it speeds things up.

Really what do you have to lose.

At worst it would reset the clock on my application because it is already in their system. So I could lose a year of time already spent waiting. 

• Thumbs Up 1

13 minutes ago, thefarangteacher said:

At worst it would reset the clock on my application because it is already in their system. So I could lose a year of time already spent waiting. 

Keep talking in Line then and wait till your current visa and work permit expire.

• Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, FritsSikkink said:

You got other advice but you choose to ignore it.

On the contrary, I engaged with that advice. You originally said:

3 hours ago, FritsSikkink said:

Which is untrue, as I can check that status just fine having submitted the application by post. Another poster wrote about how applying online could “double your application” and “speed things up” which would potentially be good advice if my problem was that Kurusapa had not received my application. They have my application, they’ve just been sitting on it for a year. My original question was:

22 hours ago, thefarangteacher said:

what can I do to get Kurusapa to actually do their jobs?

Doing “same same but different,” which is what reapplying online after a year boils down to, does not address that question. 

30 minutes ago, thefarangteacher said:

On the contrary, I engaged with that advice. You originally said:

Which is untrue, as I can check that status just fine having submitted the application by post. Another poster wrote about how applying online could “double your application” and “speed things up” which would potentially be good advice if my problem was that Kurusapa had not received my application. They have my application, they’ve just been sitting on it for a year. My original question was:

Doing “same same but different,” which is what reapplying online after a year boils down to, does not address that question. 

Maybe you should have read their advice on the website before you send your application by post:

From their website:

As you might know that even if they received your documents once, it might be they lost it somewhere and won't want to lose face by admitting that.

Keep on flogging a dead horse and hope something will change.

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, thefarangteacher said:

You appear to have negative attitude as to the suggestion of applying online. Would you lose anything by at least giving it a try?

30 minutes ago, FritsSikkink said:

As you might know that even if they received your documents once, it might be they lost it somewhere and won't want to lose face by admitting that

Good point, this makes a lot of sense. To speak to the rest of your post, I was initially putting together my application together online and reached out to the Kurusapa LINE with a question, and that’s when they told me just submit everything through the mail. So that website says one thing, and Kurusapa tells me another. 

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Surasak said:

You appear to have negative attitude as to the suggestion of applying online. Would you lose anything by at least giving it a try?

I am concerned if I resubmit everything online my application will be restarted from the beginning, adding another year to the time it’ll take to actually get everything processed. I mentioned the committee meetings in my original post: Kurusapa said those meetings (that never happened) were reserved for applications submitted in July 2023. So they have everything of mine in the system, in a queue of some kind. There is as much reason to think resubmitting everything online will reset my queue to July 2024 as there is that it’ll allow me to jump to the front of the queue, and to my mind that is not an acceptable risk.  

Edited by thefarangteacher

Kurusapa said those meetings (that never happened) were reserved for applications submitted in July 2023. So they have everything of mine in the system, in a queue of some kind. 

I think it is wishful thinking that they have (all) your documents and that you are in any queue.

• Agree 1