Thai Mother Accused of Killing Son in Wales Appears in Court

image.jpeg

Wales-A Thai mother accused of killing her seven-year-old son has made a court appearance.

Papaipit Linse, 43, of Upper Market Street, Haverfordwest, is charged with the murder of her son, Louis Linse, on Wednesday, January 10.

In February, it was determined that Linse was not fit to enter a plea, resulting in her transfer to a secure mental health unit. However, defence counsel Dyfed Thomas previously informed the court that it was “highly likely Ms. Linse would regain fitness to plead”.

The case was revisited at Swansea Crown Court on July 17, where Linse spoke only to confirm her name.

John Hipkin KC, representing Linse, requested that the defendant not be required to enter her plea at this time. “The issue in the case is entirely psychiatric-based,” he stated.

Mr Hipkin highlighted that an initial psychiatric report suggested the possibility of a special verdict by reason of insanity, as well as diminished responsibility. 

By Tom Sinclair

Full story: THE PATTAYA NEWS 2024-07-18

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Thanks 1

Thai mother in court over son’s murder in Wales back in January
by Top Top

walesmother.webp

Image courtesy of Pattaya News

A Thai mother in Wales, accused of murdering her seven year old child on January 10 appeared in court yesterday, July 17.

Originally from Chiang Mai, Thailand, 43 year old Papaipit Linse, now residing in Haverfordwest, Wales, faces charges for the murder of her son, Louis Linse.

Papaipit was deemed unfit to enter a plea in February and was subsequently transferred to a secure mental health unit.

Defence counsel Dyfed Thomas had previously indicated that it was “highly likely” that Papaipit would regain fitness to plead.

At Swansea Crown Court yesterday, Papaipit confirmed her name but did not enter a plea. John Hipkin KC, representing Papaipit, requested that she not be required to plead at this time.

“The issue in the case is entirely psychiatric-based.”

An initial psychiatric report suggested the possibility of a special verdict because of insanity or diminished responsibility.

Both the defence and prosecution are preparing further psychiatric reports to provide a comprehensive assessment of Papaipit’s mental state. The Thai mother is scheduled to return to court again tomorrow.

Dyfed-Powys Police and paramedics were involved in the initial response. The police confirmed they are investigating the circumstances surrounding the death of the child.

HM Coroner for Pembrokeshire, Paul Bennett, opened the inquest into Louis Linse’s death on January 19. The inquest has been adjourned pending the outcome of the police investigation.

The shocking incident in January occurred in a top-floor flat on Upper Market Street. The usually quiet Pembrokeshire town is in shock, with locals struggling to come to terms with the tragedy.

Neighbours described Papaipit as a reserved single mother raising two children under difficult circumstances. Dr Sean Phelan, a nearby resident, expressed his disbelief, noting that Papaipit was friendly but largely kept to herself. He also observed that the children appeared well cared for.

The closure and the questions surrounding why the child was at home, despite schools having reopened earlier in the week, add to the community’s bewilderment. Lee Evans, a resident across the street, commented on the woman’s apparent reluctance to engage with her neighbours, reported  Pattaya News.

wales.webp

Picture of Papaipit Linse courtesy of The Pembrokeshire Herald

Source: The Thaiger 2024-07-18

- Cigna offers a range of plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, brianthainess said:

At least she will get the proper care and help she needs in the UK. 

Also if she pleads guilty non of this 50% off the sentence nonsense.

Prisoners in the UK to get 60% knocked off sentence.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, bannork said:

Prisoners in the UK to get 60% knocked off sentence.

Due to overcrowding, the jails are full immigrants. Not standard practice like here.

• Thumbs Up 2

45 minutes ago, WHansen said:

Due to overcrowding, the jails are full immigrants. Not standard practice like here.

When you've sobered up you might like to read again what you wrote.

• Agree 2

Mentally disturbed people usually get hospital treatment. If something drove her insane, that may come out eventually.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

55 minutes ago, bradiston said:

This is very sad news. I lived for 3 years in a South Wales village with my Thai wife. While some locals were exceptionally kind, there were always those whose whispered words of "chink" and "Asian" were always around. I can only imagine what this poor soul went through trying to bring up 2 children on her own in a strange country. Where was hubby?

"Asian"

Yes, what an absolutely terrible slur for an Asian from Asia. :shock1:

trying to bring up 2 children on her own in a strange country.

Really, Wales is not too strange, just the locals are a bit weird.

Edited by Bert got kinky
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

18 minutes ago, steven100 said:

I feel sorry for the poor boy she killed.  Lock her up for a long time.

I too feel sorry for the child.

Locking her up for a long time, if she acted whilst mentally ill, will not bring the child back, will not stop another mentally ill parent from potentially doing similar. It will probably do irreparable damage to her fragile mental condition.

She needs a sentence, with appropriate treatment, determined by her mental condition when she committed the crime. A sentence which ensured that she is properly treated, is appropriately punished with a view to rehabilitation, and not just locked away for as long as possible to satisfy an atavistic demand for revenge.

Edited by herfiehandbag
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, JonnyF said:

The horror!! The poor soul!! Are you serious?

I often hear the word "farang" muttered as I walk around Thailand. Sometimes, businesses even charge me more because I am "farang".

I don't kill family members though.

Stop trying to blame this on locals being 'mean'. She killed her own child. My sympathy is with the kid. 

You get triggered by absolutely anything that even hints at humanity or empathy don't you?

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, JonnyF said:

The horror!! The poor soul!! Are you serious?

I often hear the word "farang" muttered as I walk around Thailand. Sometimes, businesses even charge me more because I am "farang".

I don't kill family members though.

Stop trying to blame this on locals being 'mean'. She killed her own child. My sympathy is with the kid. 

You don't know anything about this case.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, JonnyF said:

Not triggered at all.

But when a mother kills her 7 year old son, my empathy is primarily with the child rather than the mother. 

I don't try and blame it on the indigenous population of the country she chose to emigrate to either. Your attempts to excuse her actions based on your completely unfounded theory that she (an Asian woman) may have been called "Asian" by those nasty Welsh chaps is quite frankly ridiculous. 

Being an apologist for a someone who committed Filicide is not a position I wish to take.  

I rest my case 🤣

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, JonnyF said:

Fantabulous.

Yeah. I think there might be a job for you in a Sharia court as a judge. She's a woman! Who cares about evidence? Who cares about due process? Who cares about her state of mind? Who cares about the abuse she suffered and maybe her kids? Bury her up to her neck and throw rocks at her. It's what she deserves. A life for a life.

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1
  • Love It 1
  • Agree 1

16 hours ago, bradiston said:

Yeah. I think there might be a job for you in a Sharia court as a judge. She's a woman! Who cares about evidence? Who cares about due process? Who cares about her state of mind? Who cares about the abuse she suffered and maybe her kids? Bury her up to her neck and throw rocks at her. It's what she deserves. A life for a life.

And the beauty of Sharia is, it's guaranteed totally unwoke! No namby pamby decadent western liberalism. In fact I'm not sure why the rightists haven't latched on to it. Right up their street. They're fighting on the wrong side. Their all Islamic extremists at heart. No different.

• Sad 1