Looking for these apps for Mint

grain

Hi everyone, I've recently switched over from Win 11 to LMDE. There are a few apps I use daily on Win 11 and I'd like to find equivalent apps or as near as possible for Linux Mint. Any help is much appreciated. These are the apps I want Linux equivalents for:

Bandizip
Picasa3
PhotoFiltre
Tagscan
Ken Rename
Format Factory
JDownloader
HumanMedia Audio Converter
PhotoRazor

I don't know most of these programs, maybe tell us what you want the programs to do?

A guess from the names:

Digicam, Photo organizer

Audacity, Audio editor

RawTherapee, for editing photos in RAW format

GIMP, photo editor

22 minutes ago, farang51 said:

I don't know most of these programs, maybe tell us what you want the programs to do?

A guess from the names:

Digicam, Photo organizer

Audacity, Audio editor

RawTherapee, for editing photos in RAW format

GIMP, photo editor

Yes, good point, I did think of that but thought I'd streamline my post. Anyway, a description:

Bandizip - to extract zipped folders, I already have installed Peazip for Mint, so this is not so necessary. 
Picasa3 - a very simple jpg editor, it's small, light, and does basic editing and some photo effects. I don't want to use a big thing like GIMP.
PhotoFiltre - another very easy and small jpg editor. I do already have RawTherapee installed but if I could get PhotoFiltre it's much better.
Tagscan - to edit tags on mp3 files, not really necessary as I have found a similar one for Mint.
Ken Rename - to bulk rename folders and mp3 files.
Format Factory - a convertor that handles music files and pic files. Can convert flac to mp3 and other formates. 
JDownloader - an excellent download manager, if you lose connection it will continue when connection resumes.
HumanMedia Audio Converter - an alternative to Format factory, I use this to convert flac to mp3.
PhotoRazor - can bulk reduce jpg files to smaller sizes for posting online. Again, I realize GIMP can do this but I don't want to use a huge program just to do one simple task.

Unless you want some special features when unzipping, you do not need a program for that; a right click on a file is all it takes to unzip/unrar/whatever. You can zip files there too, and you can choose between many different formats, like 7z if you want to password protect the file.

Although Audacity is an audio editor you can use it to save in different formats too, and you can edit tags.

Imagemagick is very good to convert, resize, etc. image files on a command line. You can make small scripts for often used conversions to avoid using the command line. Guides: https://imagemagick.org (the site appears to be down at the moment).

• Like 1

Thanks for your suggestions everyone. I now have Wine installed and using some of my favorite Win apps on my Linux laptop, but as I investigate the native Linux apps more and find the ones most suitable, I think soon I can get out of Wine and those Win apps altogether.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1