Small dog bite on wrist

10 hours ago, PFMills said:

Thanks for that, so as you seem to be an expert how much should Rabies Post Exposure be? I could’ve gone to a government hospital, but it’s all hassle.

If I remember correctly , I paid about 1000 baht for 8 shots.  These are done over a month. Then there are the last ones 6 months later which I had done free back in the UK while on a home visit.

Edited by Denim

I walked into the bottle shop on Soi Kophai one afternoon to buy a box of beer and this yappy small dog jumped up out of its cage and bit me. 

You must get the full vaccinations, you don't know what these crazy dogs have. 

I should have asked the business owner for compensation. 

3 hours ago, xtrnuno41 said:

Some years ago had the choice common rabies injection or, as doctor said, new type. 1300 baht or 20000 baht.

So simple, took the common one. Rip off or true? DIdnt go into asking specs of what would be the new one.

I dont know what is old or new. He easily could have given me common one when I would choose for new type.

So keep that in mind.

When I got mine done in the hospital , I went to the hospital pharmacy to collect the vaccine and then took it to the nurse to get it injected , so I could see which vaccine it was 

57 minutes ago, NativeBob said:

That was a single counter measure against those very arrogant people. In 3 houses around that dog house were old and very old people (70++), very often they woke up in the middle of the night with problems to go to sleep again. 

When their kids (30+) visited them on weekends and tried to talk to that dog family (nicely and politely) >>> brought no results at all.

Dog's hose kids bought big bike with damaged or removed silencer - so the whole village know they are coming or leaving. 

Quite village with very nice and decent people was terrorized by this family. 

Sure-sure, very sick bastard

we should meditate instead, right? Recite mantras? Dance babushka? 

No point you giving them grammar lessons.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, PFMills said:

As I mentioned the owner of the dog said to go to hospital and he will pay for everything … I guess I’ll split it with him …after all if I wasn’t here it wouldn’t have happened …………I estimate that the total cost will be around 11k thb … as you say not really worth thinking about

I had been thinking about getting the Pre Exposure jabs for a while, guess I should have been more Pro active. There are quite a few Soi dogs around entry road to our village.

I have to say... fair play to the owner for 'owning up' and being responsible... 

However, its still his fault that the owner allowed their dog outside where it could bite someone - it could have bitten a child on the face etc... 

.. So, with that, the owner is 100% responsible, should fit the full costs, and also offer assurances that the dog will not be allowed outside in a public or insecure area off the leash.

On 7/19/2024 at 2:57 PM, Hummin said:

Just a tip, when aggressive dogs approaces you rise your hands above your head, stop, it will back off. Start walking again, repeat until it reaches end of its territory. Works every time. Putting your hands towards the dogs mouth to chase it away or kicking with your feet, it can bite because you trigger the dog by doing so. 

Pick up a rock and throw it.  That easy.  Rabies shots are no big deal.  I keep mine up to date as I work with strays.

• Thanks 1

I've seen locals use a slingshot in the dogs direction and a stick. 

As a foreigner the stick is your best option and facing the dog.  When you turn around is when they come up behind you to bite.

• Thanks 2

20 hours ago, J Branche said:

I've seen locals use a slingshot in the dogs direction and a stick. 

As a foreigner the stick is your best option and facing the dog.  When you turn around is when they come up behind you to bite.

No, they come up behind you to chase you away from their territory, very few dogs bite, unless you act aggressive. 

If dogs are a problem, why not try to educate yourself to ease your problems? 

I never had, and many with me, had a problem with dogs.