Electricity price for September-December to remain at the current rate

What a misleading article.. The price per unit is frozen at 4.18.

Then ' that the price during the last four months of the year may rise to between 4.65 and 6.01 baht/unit, due to a weakening of the baht against the greenback'

Then ' The fuel tariff (FT) for the last quarter may be adjusted to between 46.83 and 182.99 satang/unit, which means the electricity price will have to be adjusted to 4.65-6.01 baht/unit.

Edited by KannikaP
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

Then ' that the price during the last four months of the year may rise to between 4.65 and 6.01 baht/unit, due to a weakening of the baht against the greenback'

Then ' The fuel tariff (FT) for the last quarter may be adjusted to between 46.83 and 182.99 satang/unit, which means the electricity price will have to be adjusted to 4.65-6.01 baht/unit.

What's misleading?

The base unit rate will be UNCHANGED, but two factors that can affect the final bill MAY change.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, NanLaew said:

What's misleading?

The base unit rate will be UNCHANGED, but two factors that can affect the final bill MAY change.

The words MAY rise, and WILL HAVE TO BE adjusted.

• Agree 1

15 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

The issue may be due to translation.  I'm sure the original decision was published in Thai.

I'm struggling to understand, from the OP report here, just what is the bottom line re electric rates for the last quarter of this year....

They're saying the base rate won't rise, but not yet deciding on or ruling out an increase in the added fuel tariff -- which itself would drive an increase in the overall cost of electricity to consumers if the FT were to be raised???

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Agree 2

32 minutes ago, KannikaP said:
34 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

What's misleading?

What's the problem? The word MAY suggests factors that cannot defined at the moment but are possible. If there is a change, saying WILL HAVE TO BE adjusted simply states the inevitability of a final bill adjustment.

Edited by NanLaew
  • Agree 2

6 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

I'm struggling to understand, from the OP report here, just what is the bottom line re electric rates for the last quarter of this year....

They're saying the base rate won't rise, but not yet deciding on or ruling out an increase in the added fuel tariff -- which itself would drive an increase in the overall cost of electricity to consumers if the FT were to be raised???

Correct. The base rate will not change. Factors affecting the cost of generating electricity will possibly change.

• Agree 1

This report from July 20 seems a bit more clear than the Thai PBS report, and makes no mention of any current / pending plans for increasing the FT (fuel tariff) component, which was what was going to drive the earlier talk about electric rate increases:

Thailand’s Minister of Energy scolds media and confirms no rise in electricity prices from September to December 2024, keeping rates stable at ฿4.18 per unit. The government remains committed to reducing electricity costs to support consumers and industry amidst economic challenges.

Deputy PM assures public of stable electricity prices amidst economic concerns in Thailand

On Saturday, Mr. Pirapan suggested that the current price of ฿4.18 was likely to remain the same. The government reviews the country’s electricity tariff every four months as part of its energy framework.

https://www.thaiexaminer.com/thai-news-foreigners/2024/07/20/minister-confirms-hold-on-electricity-prices-as-government-policy-aims-for-cheaper-tariffs/

Which would be consistent with the actual OP headline of this thread:

Electricity price for September-December to remain at the current rate

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Thumbs Up 1

21 hours ago, KannikaP said:

Wiggle room ?

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Danderman123 said:

I just installed 1.5 kilowatts of solar at my home. So I don't much care how high the electric rate goes.

Or the planet.

"The biggest problem with solar systems are the chemicals used to turn silicate into gravel used for panels.To produce enough clean silicon, it is necessary to treat with hydrochloric acid, sulfuric acid, fluoride, trichloroethane and acetone. In addition, gallium, arsenide, copper-Indian-gallium diselenide and cadmium telluride are required, which are also very toxic. Silicone powder is a hazard to workers and the tiles cannot be recycled."

Don't sweat it. The above is just for info. I will be 'solarizing' my shed next month, so I will doing my bit for the environment (or otherwise) and China.