Australian Father Seeks Help to Find Missing Son in Phuket

webfact

Of course I hope he's okay, as usual the report is light on the details, and parents be parenting.

I hope the next news flash isn't  "Concerned wife and mother travels to Bangkok to find missing husband and son."

"He said he was going to find our son but the last call that was cut off had loud music and girls laughing in the background, I fear the worst."

On 7/24/2024 at 7:36 AM, SAFETY FIRST said:

Hey Dazz, spend up big mate, your kid doesn't deserve the inheritance. 

Australian Father Finds Missing Son Bangkok 😂

He's been found, he's in Bangkok, the guy has no interest in talking to his father.

Like I said Dazz, come down to Pattaya, enjoy yourself, spend that inheritance money, leave him nothing. 

I reckon you should remove him from the Will.

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Like 1

after the first 3 posts skipped to reply
4 pages of 100% NOTHING

haven't spoken with my dad in 35 years, wonder if he is still looking for me??

Edited by zzzzz

7 hours ago, it is what it is said:

i spent 2.5 years travelling around the world mostly overland, the internet was in its infancy and few countries had internet cafes, i would go weeks, sometimes months, without being able to contact home. postcards and the occasional phone call. the world has certainly changed.

Yes, and when I came to Thailand nearly 30 years ago, I was in contact with home weekly. If I had neglected contact for 2 weeks my folks would have been right to be concerned. They very likely would have done nothing for w a while longer, but relationships differ.  

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

6 hours ago, mokwit said:
15 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Cobblers.

Reason given by a senior IO in an interview.

JUST STOP WITH THE "COBBLERS" etc to mine and everybody's posts when you don't know what you are talking about. The know it all who doesn't know anything.

"Reason given by a senior IO in an interview".

Don't believe that is a real reason for a second, I stand by "cobblers".

"JUST STOP WITH THE "COBBLERS" etc to mine and everybody's posts..."

I'll continue to post my opinion about anyone's comments even if you shout instructions...you do not decide who posts what here.

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

"Reason given by a senior IO in an interview".

Don't believe that is a real reason for a second, I stand by "cobblers".

"JUST STOP WITH THE "COBBLERS" etc to mine and everybody's posts..."

I'll continue to post my opinion about anyone's comments even if you shout instructions...you do not decide who posts what here.

No, but I can also do the same, like when you claimed it was possible to get a customs refund just by phoning the hotline, yeah right. If you want to be an unpleasant pompous wannabe know it all, you must expect to get it back.

If you don't believe that is the reason then you don't know how sensitive Thailand is to negative publicity in foreign media - especially tourism related - he also stated that not being able to locate people when requested by foreign police forces was another reason. The stated reason of course is "Transnational criminals"* - I think he he kinda let slip something he shouldn't have.

So if what I have stated is "cobblers", you must have an opinion on what is the "real reason", so what is it?

Lets let the board decide.

* the temple bells affair was used as the reason to start enforcing it - insinuating foreigners had brought this on themselves

Edited by mokwit

On 7/24/2024 at 6:34 AM, charleskerins said:

very pricey

I was lucky years back in Phuket. I had a land line and fax, TV , video etc. I rented from a Thai American journalist . I could have had the car too but I was worried about the small roads and difficulties to park in Kata Beach. 

7 hours ago, mokwit said:

you claimed it was possible to get a customs refund just by phoning the hotline, yeah right.

No, I did not ever claim that...I know that is not how import duty reassessments work but, if you want to wrongly accuse me of posting that, quote my specific comment.   I won't hold my breath.

On 7/25/2024 at 4:16 AM, Jonathan Swift said:

And did Austin Powers show up in  his Mini Cooper? Do the easter bunny and Santa Claus pay you regular visits? Have you always been a pathological liar? Next time you want to make up a story you might want to try and make it minimally believable. Most of us know that Interpol is not a  law enforcement agency and has no agents with arresting powers. It functions as an administrative liaison among the law enforcement agencies of the member countries, providing communications and database assistance, mostly through its central headquarters in Lyon. Good luck with your next fairy tale. 

I shared a true  story here and I have no need to lie my father contacted the police in my home country and the end result was Thai people who said to my wife that they were Interpol and showed Id came to check on me and contact my family. Jonathan wish I was standing in front of you so I could back up my story. Being called a lair doesn't sit well with me but I suppose if that's the way you get jollies, carry on . 

On 7/24/2024 at 10:15 AM, mokwit said:

It is because of these kind of "not posted on FB" that we had the TM30 forced on us.

"the TM30 laws and the requirement to report a foreigner's stay have been in place since 1979"

"Facebook is a social networking service originally launched as TheFacebook on February 4, 2004"

31 minutes ago, bigt3116 said:

"the TM30 laws and the requirement to report a foreigner's stay have been in place since 1979"

"Facebook is a social networking service originally launched as TheFacebook on February 4, 2004"

'Forced on us' I am talking about enforcement. Nowhere did I say they passed a new law. They weren't enforcing it with householders/landlords/aliens. We are talking about them enforcing the 1979 law*. There apparently wasn't even a desk that dealt with TM30 at CW. I had one year work visas and then retirement extensions and for years was never asked for a TM30.

Around the mid 2000's they started getting strict with hotels and then when Airbnb became a thing they realised they were missing many people who were not staying in hotels.

*apparently the reason for the law was concerns of Vietnamese incursion (from occupied Cambodia) - there were a number of incidents where Vietnamese troops took up positions in Thai territory and presumably there was a fear they would try and build up irregular forces. Understandably it was felt that TM30 was no longer necessary

Edited by mokwit

On 7/25/2024 at 2:00 AM, Liverpool Lou said:

Gawd...another fairy tale.   That is not how Interpol works.  But, after "they had found you" why, and how, could they have "made you phone home"...were you a minor? 

That's two times in a day no I'm not a minor or do I make <deleted> up , so here's a thought because you clowns know all about Interpol and probably all about every other subject on the planet, including Thailand. 

What a bunch of sad c##ts .

Speck of a experience I had not to show off or be a hero and definitely ñot to be called a lair why would I you f##ken dickhead. Later <deleted>