Coronavirus or common cold

Yesterday evening I started to cough and started a runny nose. the cough is not painful but it continues until I run out of breath and choke I bring up a small amount of salty phlegm. Today, I have no appetite and no energy, climbing the stairs leaves me breathless I have no temperature, When I cough I  now have slight pain at the bottom of my ribs. I think I have a common cold but Madamme fears it might be Covid 19. No other family members are showing symptoms. What is it?

No other family members with whom I have spent the last 4 day have any symptoms. What is it?

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Maybole said:

Yesterday evening I started to cough and started a runny nose. the cough is not painful but it continues until I run out of breath and choke I bring up a small amount of salty phlegm. Today, I have no appetite and no energy, climbing the stairs leaves me breathless I have no temperature, When I cough I  now have slight pain at the bottom of my ribs. I think I have a common cold but Madamme fears it might be Covid 19. No other family members are showing symptoms. What is it?

Last week I had exactly the same symptoms you mention and the next day after almost falling down the stairs I tested positive for Covid, so I put on a load of clothes and forced myself to work in direct sunshine to sweat it out and on the third day I tested negative so something worked for me.

will continue to isolate for another two days and then everything will be fine

• Thanks 1

Probably just the flu, but if you are that concerned about it you should get tested and quit using Dr Google or forums for your answers. 

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, jcmj said:

Probably just the flu, but if you are that concerned about it you should get tested and quit using Dr Google or forums for your answers

Whilst I agree to some extent we should not entirely Pooh Pooh forums, yes most are full of crackpots but some of the suggestions do point us in directions that we would not normally think about researching and although we should not just believe everything we read if we did not have forums and the few SENSIBLE suggestions that come from them we would remain largely ignorant.

• Agree 1