Thailand eases visa rules to attract long-term visitors

19 minutes ago, ikke1959 said:

My immigration office needs a adrdress notification.....and they stamp it although I am not a tourist for a long time

Which office ?

On 7/26/2024 at 11:01 AM, proton said:

When did the lower taxes on wine to attract tourists get scrapped? they kept that quiet.

They did lower taxes, but it was just one of the taxes. There are multiple taxes on imported wines and lowering one of the taxes really did not make much of a difference, it might have brought a thousand baht bottle of wine down by 20 baht. If they're serious about attracting wealthy tourists they need to dramatically reduce wine taxes and luxury taxes. That's just two steps, there are 10 other steps they need to take. 

The problem is they yak yak yak, and they come up with proposal after proposal, and yet they take no action, and the actions they take are meaningless. The government is jammed full of talentless people who are not serious about meaningful change or progress. 

• Thanks 1

Basically they have fleeced all the old western retiree's all they can. Numbers are droppings so opening up until the numbers are back up, then will change and fleece the new comers.  Endless cycle.  Best to take advantage of the new rules then leave when the rules start changing. If you are going to sit in your rocking chair in your old age in Thailand then pay up..

Personally I can sit in my rocking chair in the US for about half what I spend in Thailand. 

Edited by Gknrd
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

Patong beach next year :

spacer.png

This is what they want. They don't care for any experience, any infrustructure, the effect on local Thai's suffering - just squash them in and let them have a miserable weeks holiday. 

Utter lunacy. 

Tourism numbers up, but revenue down. An addiction to CHEAP MASS TOURISM. 

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, DonniePeverley said:

Patong beach next year :

spacer.png

This is what they want. They don't care for any experience, any infrustructure, the effect on local Thai's suffering - just squash them in and let them have a miserable weeks holiday. 

Utter lunacy. 

Tourism numbers up, but revenue down. An addiction to CHEAP MASS TOURISM. 

Chinese like this,  it's called 热闹

Indians may feel it's too empty. 

Edited by Lorry
  • Haha 1