Servo motor AVR

Seems worryingly cheap!

Check what size the breakers/fuses are, I bet it won't do 10kVA when the input voltage is at minimum.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, Crossy said:

Seems worryingly cheap!

Check what size the breakers/fuses are, I bet it won't do 10kVA when the input voltage is at minimum.

I have 5 of the LiOA 10KVA AVR’s installed on this estate, about 8,000 baht each and they really will do 10KVA or 50 amps on the input circuit, whichever is lower.

I have a 15 KVA installed in my home, all perform faultlessly.

there is another company in Thailand called SiliconThai, and they make a solid state version, it uses TRIACs and switches the tap on the transformer at the 0 V crossover point on the waveform. Expensive but an excellent idea, I have no experience of them.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

50 minutes ago, JBChiangRai said:

I have 5 of the LiOA 10KVA AVR’s installed on this estate, about 8,000 baht each and they really will do 10KVA or 50 amps on the input circuit, whichever is lower.

I have a 15 KVA installed in my home, all perform faultlessly.

there is another company in Thailand called SiliconThai, and they make a solid state version, it uses TRIACs and switches the tap on the transformer at the 0 V crossover point on the waveform. Expensive but an excellent idea, I have no experience of them.

Thanks.

I have 3 10kva. 1 still OK, other 2 problems. One burnt out transformer windings and the other regulates to 230v. So I swapped the control cct card and now I have 2 working, just need 1 more.

I would get the Lioa if I could, but can't find a 10kva in Thailand. 

I know you said they have them in Chaing Rai or Chaing Mi at Global House, but my local G H won't attempt to get a transportation cost between Globals. 

I enquired in Vietnam and can get 3 from a supplier, but will only send air freight. Still trying to see if they will ship by truck and I can pick up at the Thai/Lao boarder.

Before GH used to send between stores but too hard now.

JBChaingRai if they still have the 10kva up there let me know please and I'll press local GH to get it.

2 minutes ago, carlyai said:

Thanks.

I have 3 10kva. 1 still OK, other 2 problems. One burnt out transformer windings and the other regulates to 230v. So I swapped the control cct card and now I have 2 working, just need 1 more.

I would get the Lioa if I could, but can't find a 10kva in Thailand. 

I know you said they have them in Chaing Rai or Chaing Mi at Global House, but my local G H won't attempt to get a transportation cost between Globals. 

I enquired in Vietnam and can get 3 from a supplier, but will only send air freight. Still trying to see if they will ship by truck and I can pick up at the Thai/Lao boarder.

Before GH used to send between stores but too hard now.

JBChaingRai if they still have the 10kva up there let me know please and I'll press local GH to get it.

I will check over the weekend.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

These 3 stabilizers have done heaps of work in the last 8 years.

They are on the 3 phase PEA input to the house.

They have survived (at least 1) Open Circuit neutral from PEA and a High Resistance neutral connection in the PEA meter box.

When I built the house and connected the power the stabilizers were working like mad hunting all the time, thought it was normal for our small village until a cane truck took down the power feed to our house. It was repaired by some phantom in the night, the power problems got worse and PEA would not check their side, said it couldn't be them.

Anyway, found all the PEA meter connections loose and had to cut and re-terminate the neutral as the end was burnt.

Since then (couple years ago), stabilizers have been fairly quiet.

So I think Lioa is a good brand and would stick with them if possible.

• Like 1

Torroid looks suspiciously like the windings were damaged from rubbing against some part of the frame or similar.

Maybe other wiring ??

Edited by bluejets
  • Thumbs Up 2

On 7/26/2024 at 4:03 PM, JBChiangRai said:

I will check over the weekend.

Global House in Chiang Rai has LiOA Stabilsers in the following capacities…

3000w

7500w

15000w

20000w

Alas no 10000w

IMG_1420.jpeg

• Like 1

Thank you very much for your effort.

I decided that if they have them I would drive up, stay at your resourt (not asked you yet) and take the beast home. Haven't been up there since long ago MTX bike days.

But, son and family visiting and trouble with his Mitubishi so he's going to take my CRV back to Banggers and I'm going to try and see what's wrong at Mishi Mukdahan then drive it back to Bkk.

So will try and do the origional Global House hustle. Bit more pressure this time. 🙂