Bangkok ordered to pay over 12 billion baht to BTS within 180 days

snoop1130

14 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The Supreme Administrative Court upheld a ruling requiring Bangkok Metropolitan Administration (BMA) and Krungthep Thanakom Company to pay BTS Group Holdings over 12 billion baht in outstanding debts related to the Green Line extension project within 180 days.

Ouch !!!

• Thanks 1

This reminds me of the construction company (??) that went bankrupt over non payment and decades of legal wrangling of the elevated highway built heading out of Bangkok. Had an odd western name as I recall.

Wonder how Srettas stupid money giveaway to the plebs (some 14B THB was it?) will be affected 🤣🤣 not.

Thailand better get its economic shi+ together. It's losing handily to regional neighbors, personal and public debts are absolutely out of control. The private debt is something like 90% GDP. The education system is an absolute disaster therefore they are unable to produce much innovation or even involve themselves and high technology and industry. Meanwhile all of the oligarchs and players stab each other in the back over control of government and its purse. I think they are in real danger of breaking something that cannot be fixed.

Seniors and their care also something to be considered.

They must pay it. Who will build anything or loan them any money?

I am very pleased to confess that I don't live in Bangkok...........

BMA revenues are derived from its own regular income and supplementary fund. Sources of regular revenue come from local taxes, fees, fines, permits, service charges, rental of BMA assets, utilities, and enterprises. Supplementary funds come from the government's subsidies and the interest of the BMA reserve.

Source: 

Cost of living in Bangkok is going to go up methinks.

2 hours ago, Muhendis said:

I am very pleased to confess that I don't live in Bangkok...........

And?

You think transport will be halted or you just can't deal with the Big Mango 🥭?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, BobDobbs said:

And?

You think transport will be halted or you just can't deal with the Big Mango 🥭?

And?

Read the full text of my post and try to understand. The cost of living in Bangkok is likely to rise due to this outstanding payment.

Big Mango?  You live in a big mango?

If you're talking about a slang term for Bangkok it's a great place to come home from.........🙂

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, BobDobbs said:

This reminds me of the construction company (??) that went bankrupt over non payment and decades of legal wrangling of the elevated highway built heading out of Bangkok. Had an odd western name as I recall.

Hopewell.

Hopewell-columns-in-Bangkok.webp

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/27/2024 at 12:18 PM, khlongtoey said:

time for the government to take back all "public transport" , neoliberalization leads to even worse inequality

Hmmm, you mean government owned like the “old” Thai airways ? I’m still waiting for my bond investment in Thai to be reinstated 4 years after it was written off due to mismanagement and corruption.

My general experience of Thai government departments is one of slow, convoluted, over-staffed and occasionally corrupt organisations. Is yours different ?