Dating In Thailand : On Immaturity

3 minutes ago, itsari said:

Ask them where is the Suez Canal and they look at you blank.

Are there any reasonably priced resorts in the area?

4 minutes ago, itsari said:

Most are clued up on what country offers the best social welfare.

Who cares about the Suez canal 

15 hours ago, Dan O said:

You should be looking at women with higher education, business experience and hopefully some experience being overseas and exposed to other ways of thinking. 

IMO,

Educated Asian women with high flying careers these days are not looking to get married.

Educated Thai women with high flying careers these days are not looking to get laid by old farang men on a visa.

Educated Thai women with high flying careers prefer Thai males of the same or higher status than themselves, to divorced farangs with children on a pension.

They also prefer being able to have a conversation in Thai, and they have no interest in playing connect 4.

Their parents expect a big payoff when they get married and will not be amused if their daughter gets the clap off some farang, or some such thing that means no longer worth the million plus baht they were hoping for.

• Love It 1

6 minutes ago, itsari said:

Most are clued up on what country offers the best social welfare.

Is that your go to conversation on a date? You must be a real fun guy to go out with.

28 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Is that your go to conversation on a date? You must be a real fun guy to go out with.

More fun than you I would say, said with confidence .

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I married one young enough to never look like a granny when I woke up and looked at her. I didn't marry her to discuss philosophy.

Sounds superficial

11 hours ago, khlongtoey said:
On 7/27/2024 at 12:42 PM, Liverpool Lou said:

It's a breed called Bully. 

On 7/27/2024 at 6:09 PM, JimTripper said:

I'm looking for a smart worldly sophisticated woman like the kind James Bond meets. They could be of any nationality or color. I'm not finding that here.

Can you see James Bond with these immature Thai ladies? Would never happen.

I think you are right Jim, or is it James :)

if you can find one that lived overseas for a while, not just travelled to Korea or so.  for all my years, I've yet to get even older ladies to offer an sincere emotional response to 'how are you feeling?'    it's like it doesn't exist, just living in the moment,  prefer to talk about food , tbh, this is also a general asian thing,   otoh, maybe you won't get nagged for the same reasons as you would in the great west

What has my comment got to do with all that b0llocks?

1 hour ago, susanlea said:

Yet farangs moved to Thailand for fun then whinge the women aren't serious :cheesy:

White women are serious. Go back home.

I am single. What do I need a girlfriend for?

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I married one young enough to never look like a granny when I woke up and looked at her. I didn't marry her to discuss philosophy.

You're a bit vague. If I had to do it all again, I would not marry a lady young enough to be my daughter, and it has nothing to do with discussing philosophy.

You might have considered that she will, sooner or later, be waking up to a man who resembles a grandfather.

Edited by JensenZ

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

IMO,

Educated Asian women with high flying careers these days are not looking to get married.

Educated Thai women with high flying careers these days are not looking to get laid by old farang men on a visa.

Educated Thai women with high flying careers prefer Thai males of the same or higher status than themselves, to divorced farangs with children on a pension.

They also prefer being able to have a conversation in Thai, and they have no interest in playing connect 4.

Their parents expect a big payoff when they get married and will not be amused if their daughter gets the clap off some farang, or some such thing that means no longer worth the million plus baht they were hoping for.

I never said anything about "high flying career women" and I don't necessarily agree with your statements as I know a number that are opposite of everything you wrote other than they aren't sex toys for old men which I also never nentioned. 

Suez canal wouldn't my opening line on a date!

That being said me and Mrs G are very aware of the Billy Joel song.

My old Thai bird is probably a little bit more worldly wise than the average

On 7/29/2024 at 4:02 PM, JensenZ said:

You're a bit vague. If I had to do it all again, I would not marry a lady young enough to be my daughter, and it has nothing to do with discussing philosophy.

You might have considered that she will, sooner or later, be waking up to a man who resembles a grandfather.

Given the finances went only one way in my marriage I don't care if she didn't like being married to an old man. She knew that when we got married.

If I could do it all again I'd never get married- biggest scam ever in the western world, IMO

However, I would live in LOS and sleep with women young enough to be my daughter, had I had one.