Hey guys give us a hand please ?

We are introducing a new feature for the forum of weekly quizzes.

Please could you pop along and road test the just set-up basic version and beta test please.

https://aseannow.com/quizzes/

Take the Olympic Quiz.

Or

General Knowledge or both !

See how you score and can you get on the leaderboard with your score!

No cheating or using AI etc please. 

See how you do !

Perhaps the quiz I tried is too short?

On the plus side, I found my answers to be consistent.

Concerning what type of quiz I might find interesting here, I think some sort of Psychological Inventory Test/Quiz might be most popular with members.

Second choice for a type of quiz?  I think that a shortened version of the Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventory (MMPI) Test would make a good and interesting Quiz.

Of course, you would need to introduce some additional questions to detect lying on these quizzes.

There are several ways to detect valid answers vs faking.

But, on any quiz here, such detection of valid answers vs faking might not be so important.

Also, maybe there should be a prize for the best and worst quiz scores.

Most members seem to love prizes.

9 hours ago, CallumWK said:

Do an IQ test, let's see how many score above 90. Make it anonymous, otherwise nobody will take the test.

Smart people don't need anonymous

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

With all these new quizzes, although I like the idea, in principle, I also worry about increasing levels of competition between members.

This is why I would favor a collective quiz rather than an individualistic quiz.

If we had one of these group quizzes, such are now very popular in most schools, then nobody would feel that they had lost, or were losers.

Or, as a good alternative to this, I would like to see more quizzes on TV that had no single correct answers.

Maybe we could, instead of multiple-choice questions, use essay questions.

Personally, I would prefer any quiz that had long essay questions.

I am more used to these.

Hopefully, soon, I will see some essay quiz-questions posted in this new Quiz Section of TV....

Hopefully.....

(Remember Hendrrix....and his song that ended with HOPEFULLY?)

11 hours ago, susanlea said:

Smart people don't need anonymous

I would have thought it was intelligent people don't need to be anonymous, which would count me out, as I am smart..........😂............:guitar:

Just now, sirineou said:

It is good that you have a time limit otherwise some would google the answers, though why? I don't know

Yeah, but the limit should be a minute. 

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, sirineou said:

It is good that you have a time limit otherwise some would google the answers, though why? I don't know

Or, even worse...

One member might take the quiz, and then write down the questions...

And then feed those questions to another member....

And then the second member would have both the questions and the correct answers to the quiz, even before clicking on the link to begin the quiz.

The only way to circumvent this eventuality would be to have a much larger pool of possible questions, using some AI Robot, and then select five questions from an infinite number of questions, at random, while ensuring that no two quiz-takers ever be presented with the same quiz questions.

Edited by GammaGlobulin
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, MalcolmB said:

You have to make the questions harder.

They were too easy for me.

It's only just been launched.The quizzes will be longer and harder once it has settled in and there are no apparent software issues etc.Thats why we asked members to help and test drive it for us.

If it was "too easy" how come you only got 60%; ? 😀

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, CharlieH said:

It's only just been launched.The quizzes will be longer and harder once it has settled in and there are no apparent software issues etc.Thats why we asked members to help and test drive it for us.

60% on one only 40% on the other two I did. 

Which is way above my average.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

He did far better than I.

But then, I suffer from Test Phobia.

(Most likely, some sort of passa Thai quiz might be nice, say about two Thai language quizzes per week; and in both Thai Script and also Romanized alphabet.)

1 hour ago, MalcolmB said:

60% on one only 40% on the other two I did. 

Which is way above my average.

I got 0% on the French Olympics. Haven't watched any Olympic news since Bolt retired.

Started well but then went downhill (80%,40%,20%).

Enjoy a quiz and think it will do well but found a lot of information on each page, also needs a “ back to quiz list “ button or something of the like to make navigating easier, the format seems cluttered.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, susanlea said:

I got 0% on the French Olympics. Haven't watched any Olympic news since Bolt retired.

That would probably be the average score for a female I would think.

It will be interesting to see if any of the other women on this forum score any better than you did.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Most likely, some sort of passa Thai quiz might be nice, say about two Thai language quizzes per week; and in both Thai Script and also Romanized alphabet.)

I like that idea but.

There will be complaints. Thai Script is like a taboo subject on this forum. 

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, MalcolmB said:

I like that idea but.

There will be complaints. Thai Script is like a taboo subject on this forum. 

I find that interesting.

Because, everywhere else I look in Thailand, the use of Thai Script seems undeniable.

I am OK with Romanization of Thai Script...

It's just that we would need to choose one form of romanization to be a standard.

If this is in fact necessary, then I would definitely use the romanization system used by BECKER in all her Thai language study books.

The orange Becker book is good for reference.

OR.

What about this?

We could have English Grammar quizzes.

Thai Script is not used in the English language.

And, everybody loves grammar quizzes (this is actually true).

9 hours ago, MalcolmB said:

You have to make the questions harder.

They were too easy for me.

The quiz is fundamentally unfair  

They said that I got  the longest river in the world question wrong. ,

I said Mississippi  and they said it was the Nile river. 

But I am American and America is the World. so I correctly chose the longest river in the USA! 

I am very mad :mad:

Well technically there are other places in the world,  but the DeNile of of my unswere on a technicality is IMO outrageous. I am seriously considering taking my toys and leaving. 

PS: did you all notice that I have a lovely pair of coconuts? 

Edited by sirineou
  • Confused 2

On 7/27/2024 at 10:32 PM, CallumWK said:

Do an IQ test, let's see how many score above 90. Make it anonymous, otherwise nobody will take the test.

Long time ago, I made an official IQ test. It took hours. And it was time restricted. Who would work on a test like that in a forum like this to show everybody that he is smart? 

And what would be the point of that in an anonymous forum? 

8 hours ago, susanlea said:

Look up "Paris Olympics the last supper". Then you have another good reason to ignore it. 

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, sirineou said:

But I am American and America is the World. so I correctly chose the longest river in the USA! 

Well technically there are other places in the world,  but the DeNile of of my unswere on a technicality is IMO outrageous. I am seriously considering taking my toys and leaving. 

Yeah, I answered the Thames.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, sirineou said:

To all those with the confused emojis'.

Obviously it is a Joke. The "I got a lovely pair of coconuts' should had been a clue, which by the way refers to my avatar. Which is also the trending positive meme about Kamala Harris  referring to her mom telling her when she was young something like "to listen to you one would think you just fell from a coconut tree"