It's time to put this Progressive Left-wing Conspiracy Theory to bed

connda

30 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

How about the guys that think it was the "shock wave" of the bullet passing by, or a shard of glass from an undamaged plastic teleprompter? Those guys are a hoot huh? 

Links?

3 hours ago, connda said:

I don't dislike people for their political views per-say. But I have a huge problem with people who want the State to beat down anyone in the general population who doesn't hold there own views.  The irony with many on the Left is they espouse "tolerance" and yet display no tolerance for anyone other than those with their own view.  Then getting the State involved to be their strong-arm enforcers:
Make those people shut up. 
Throw those people in jail for their thoughts.
Imprison or kill their leaders and supporters.
If they protest, beat them on the streets and let us help.
Make them wear masks, make them take shots, throw them in concentration camps.
If "they" go to the capital to protest it's an "insurrection."  If we do the same thing it's a fiery but peaceful protest. 

And so on.............

You can't make this up as we've seen it play out over the last few years and it's getting worse every year.  Most traditionalists and conservatives want to live their lives and be left alone, and yet still want to exercise their Constitutional rights; many on the Left, perhaps a majority, want the State to make traditionalists and conservatives to do what the Left wants them to do, even if it means inflicting lawfare, violence, and actually throwing them into concentration camps or prison - exactly what the Left says that traditionalists and conservatives want to do to them.  But that couldn't be further from the truth.  Traditionalists and conservatives basically say, "Do whatever you want to do, just leave us, our families, and our children out of it and don't tread on our Constitutional rights and rights under Natural Law. 

But the Left just can't do that, so therein lies the problem.

I think covid was for some a nightmare scenario come true. To me it was handled ok with some definite mistakes - to you maybe a huge overreach. A lot more people would have died if nothing was done. We might differ on how much should have been done.

I just can't see democrat policies that force you to shut up, or put you in jail for your thoughts, or don't pretty much let everyone do their thing. There may be individual lefties who get a bit full on but those on the right can be pretty bad too on pushing their agenda e.g. religious ideals.

I think riots are bad and the protests at the Capitol were bad and both perpetrators should face justice. I just don't think the two are the same in terms of the potential impact on the country as a whole. A riot where there is mainly property damage is serious but attempting to stop the progression of the correct outcome in a US election is hugely serious and I think Trump did wrong and some of the protesters did wrong and should face legal consequences. 

5 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

It did not graze his head; it grazed his ear. Yes, the ear is part of the head, but it typically sticks out. 

I bet, SIS no doubt. 

No, it would not have. 

The only real noise would be the round hitting the ear. The round passing through the air makes very little noise. Virtually all the noise from a firearm, is the combustion, and the crack of the round breaking the sound barrier as it exits the muzzle. 

As an MI6 agent, surely you know all of this.  

I am neither SIS nor MI6, and have never pretended, suggested or claimed to be.

The "crack and thump" to which you allude; the "crack" is the noise made by the supersonic bullet as it passes close to you, the "thump" which follows is the sound of the weapon being discharged. The crack is nothing to do with the bullet leaving the muzzle of the weapon. Experienced soldiers can estimate the range at which the round is being fired by the time difference between the crack and thump. Experienced soldiers also recognise that hearing the crack is an indication that you are "under effective enemy fire". If you had ever been in the butts on a gallery range, or, heaven forbid, been under fire on a "two way range" you would know that. You very obviously don't.

Your whole post, characterised by your, to be frank, stupid suggestion that I am claiming to be "SIS" or MI6", is utter nonsense. Perhaps you should either talk about matters you understand, or hold your peace. You are just making yourself look stupid!

41 minutes ago, herfiehandbag said:

I am neither SIS nor MI6, and have never pretended, suggested or claimed to be.

I was guessing you were, sorry. 

The "crack and thump" to which you allude; the "crack" is the noise made by the supersonic bullet as it passes close to you,

This is simply not true, the crack, is "sonic boom" of the bullet breaking the sound barrier.

the "thump" which follows is the sound of the weapon being discharged. The crack is nothing to do with the bullet leaving the muzzle of the weapon. Experienced soldiers can estimate the range at which the round is being fired by the time difference between the crack and thump. Experienced soldiers also recognise that hearing the crack is an indication that you are "under effective enemy fire". If you had ever been in the butts on a gallery range, or, heaven forbid, been under fire on a "two way range" you would know that. You very obviously don't.

So there is super-sonic "crack" each time the bullet passed someone? 

Your whole post, characterised by your, to be frank, stupid suggestion that I am claiming to be "SIS" or MI6", is utter nonsense.

I'm sorry, again, I was only guessing you were SIS. Ranger? 

Perhaps you should either talk about matters you understand, or hold your peace. You are just making yourself look stupid!

Indeed. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

How about the guys that think it was the "shock wave" of the bullet passing by, or a shard of glass from an undamaged plastic teleprompter? Those guys are a hoot huh? 

Link?

On 7/28/2024 at 11:55 AM, connda said:

Yes - Donald Trump was hit in the ear with a bulletSource: The FBI.

:angry: "No no no.  It was glass and Trump is just a weenie and whiner for getting a little boo-boo on his ear and saying he got hit with a bullet.  Ha ha ha."

🙄 Sorry Lefties.  He was hit in the ear with a bullet according to the FBI which which came a few millimeters from killing him during the July 13th assassination attempt.  Why trivialize that heinous attack?  Well, other than ya'll being full of hated for anyone who espoused conservative values. Especially Trump and his supporters.

:angry: "You're just a typical MAGA Trump Supporter!!!  Grrrrr!"

:wink: Sorry to inform you Lefty Conspiracy Theorists, but you've got that wrong too.  Yeah, I'm gonna vote in November, just not for either of candidates from the Two-Party-DuopolyTM .  Conservative doesn't = MAGA Trump Supporter.  Both Democrats and Republicans suck.  But neither deserve to be the object of an assassination attempt no matter how much any of us may dislike a candidate.  A Liberal Democracy isn't built on assassination attempts on those whom you personally dislike although the Left-wing Conspiracy Theorists may disagree, it's built on the democratically elected representatives chosen in elections.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/fbi-confirms-bullet-struck-trumps-ear-assassination-attempt-rcna163896

I am just wondering why it seems this forum is full of right wing members, but reality is, less than 1/3. 

1 hour ago, Yellowtail said:

I was guessing you were, sorry. 

This is simply not true, the crack, is "sonic boom" of the bullet breaking the sound barrier.

So there is super-sonic "crack" each time the bullet passed someone? 

I'm sorry, again, I was only guessing you were SIS. Ranger? 

Indeed. 

Yes, as long as the velocity of the bullet has not dropped below the speed of sound then there is a "crack" as it passes adjacent. I don't know about 5.56 rounds, but there is still a crack at 400 metres. The Soviet 7.62 round as used in that AK series of 7.62 rifles (Iraq) certainly has a crack out to about 500 metres, although not really accurate, especially in the hands of your average Iraqi! NATO 7.62, as used still for marksmen weapons, and with which I learnt to shoot ( Self Loading Rifle) certainly is still supersonic ("crack") out to over 600 metres.

As I said, you hear the crack, it is the first indicator that you are under effective enemy fire ( you take cover, locate the enemy, and win the firefight, moving if necessary using fire and manoeuvre). These are basic skills for all soldiers, not Rangers or Special Forces. ( I was neither, very ordinary forces me)!

Everybody in the British Army is trained to use a rifle, qualifies on the ranges every year, which includes knowing and understanding the "crack and thump phenomenon. Pretty well all ranks carry a rifle as their personal weapon. I should imagine that the US service is the same.

2 minutes ago, herfiehandbag said:

Yes, as long as the velocity of the bullet has not dropped below the speed of sound then there is a "crack" as it passes adjacent. I don't know about 5.56 rounds, but there is still a crack at 400 metres. The Soviet 7.62 round as used in that AK series of 7.62 rifles (Iraq) certainly has a crack out to about 500 metres, although not really accurate, especially in the hands of your average Iraqi! NATO 7.62, as used still for marksmen weapons, and with which I learnt to shoot ( Self Loading Rifle) certainly is still supersonic ("crack") out to over 600 metres.

As I said, you hear the crack, it is the first indicator that you are under effective enemy fire ( you take cover, locate the enemy, and win the firefight, moving if necessary using fire and manoeuvre). These are basic skills for all soldiers, not Rangers or Special Forces. ( I was neither, very ordinary forces me)!

Everybody in the British Army is trained to use a rifle, qualifies on the ranges every year, which includes knowing and understanding the "crack and thump phenomenon. Pretty well all ranks carry a rifle as their personal weapon. I should imagine that the US service is the same.

So if you fired parallel to a long picket fence, it would sound like a machine gun, correct? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

So if you fired parallel to a long picket fence, it would sound like a machine gun, correct? 

Don't be silly. The "crack" is when the bullet, still traveling at over the speed of sound, passes adjacent to whoever hears it.

6 minutes ago, herfiehandbag said:

Don't be silly. The "crack" is when the bullet, still traveling at over the speed of sound, passes adjacent to whoever hears it.

So, everyone in the crowd all heard the crack, but all at different times, correct? 

And (apparently) the shooter never hears the crack, because it never passes them, correct?

And of course, no one behind the shooter can hear the crack, because it never passes them either, correct?  

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

So, everyone in the crowd all heard the crack, but all at different times, correct? 

And (apparently) the shooter never hears the crack, because it never passes them, correct?

And of course, no one behind the shooter can hear the crack, because it never passes them either, correct?  

Oh for crying out loud, I have explained the phenomenon of "crack and thump" as clearly and cogently as I can!

If you are determined to advance ever more obtuse and argumentative statements then, as they say, "fill yer boots!"

Alternatively, reread my explanations and apply them to the questions you have posed. Somehow I doubt you will though!

• Haha 1

On 7/28/2024 at 4:55 PM, connda said:

Yes - Donald Trump was hit in the ear with a bulletSource: The FBI.

:angry: "No no no.  It was glass and Trump is just a weenie and whiner for getting a little boo-boo on his ear and saying he got hit with a bullet.  Ha ha ha."

🙄 Sorry Lefties.  He was hit in the ear with a bullet according to the FBI which which came a few millimeters from killing him during the July 13th assassination attempt.  Why trivialize that heinous attack?  Well, other than ya'll being full of hated for anyone who espoused conservative values. Especially Trump and his supporters.

:angry: "You're just a typical MAGA Trump Supporter!!!  Grrrrr!"

:wink: Sorry to inform you Lefty Conspiracy Theorists, but you've got that wrong too.  Yeah, I'm gonna vote in November, just not for either of candidates from the Two-Party-DuopolyTM .  Conservative doesn't = MAGA Trump Supporter.  Both Democrats and Republicans suck.  But neither deserve to be the object of an assassination attempt no matter how much any of us may dislike a candidate.  A Liberal Democracy isn't built on assassination attempts on those whom you personally dislike although the Left-wing Conspiracy Theorists may disagree, it's built on the democratically elected representatives chosen in elections.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/fbi-confirms-bullet-struck-trumps-ear-assassination-attempt-rcna163896

America is very skilled and experienced in killing their leaders. So actually business as usual some would say🙏

• Sad 2

21 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

It is the least educated member of the electorate that need help, the "educated" are doing great. 

In fact, the current administration has, and is continuing to circumvent the Constitution to have the least educated pay for the student loans taken out by the educated. 

unfortunately too many of those "educated" people took out loans for schooling that didn't provide them with working talents.  Now they want the government to pass laws giving them the right to not have to pay for loans that they signed up to.   Obama was one also preaching that all should get a college education to get a good job.  Make him pay for them.

• Love It 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/28/2024 at 9:24 PM, Yellowtail said:

That's hilarious. I think you are on too many conspiracy sites. A high velocity round that hits the back of the head leaves a tiny hole where it enters. The skull and the brain and whatnot slow the round down such that it leaves a large exit would. 

A high velocity round that nicks the ear would not slow significantly. It would just knock off a bit of ear and keep going. 

How many thousands of cameras and no pictures or reports of damaged teleprompters. 

you need to go and watch the videos where they did testing of the effect of the impact from an AR15 on the ear. Even a small nic would have taken his whole ear off and done damage to Chumps skull. The whole thing was staged so Chump could play the victim yet again.

• Haha 2

55 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

If the threat were real, Trump would have peed his pants and cowered away like the Democrats did when rioters got into the Capital armed with mops and brooms. 

You have now officially gone over the edge. You very well know you are lying. 

Just accept that Trump is going to lose mostly because Americans are getting sick of this crap he and his minion's are spouting.  You being the perfect example. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jesimps said:

A bullet fragment can kill if it hits in the right place, so what's your point?

Sure, so could dog poop. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, marin said:

You have now officially gone over the edge. You very well know you are lying. 

Just accept that Trump is going to lose mostly because Americans are getting sick of this crap he and his minion's are spouting.  You being the perfect example. 

You're right, I don't think Trump would have peed his pants and cowered away the way the Democrats did when rioters got into the Capital armed with mops and brooms. 

I've said Trump was going to lose all along, where have you been? 

I want him to win, but I don't believe he will win. 

5 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

when rioters got into the Capital armed with mops and brooms. 

May Karma strike you down.... I will Trump for sure. 

trumptards capital 1.webp

trmp3.jpg

trmptards 2.webp

2 minutes ago, marin said:

May Karma strike you down.... I will Trump for sure. 

trumptards capital 1.webp

trmp3.jpg

trmptards 2.webp

I meant that Trump would not have peed his pants and cowered away the way the Democrats did when rioters got into the Capital building armed with mops and brooms, sorry for the confusion, 

Trump.jpg.2683601bf4a98df2bc20962582465903.jpg

On 7/29/2024 at 10:24 AM, Ben Zioner said:

And for that he appeals to least educated members of the electorate

The least educated are the majority. Easier to control uneducated people than those with a brain. You can see that within these pages of AN. hahahahaha