Tommy Robinson Arrested in Kent Under Terrorism Act

Social Media

On 7/30/2024 at 5:20 PM, youreavinalaff said:

I wonder if the new government will relax the salary requirements for settlement visas. They just kicked pensioners in the balls by taking away winter fuel payments. 

The current level of £29k, rising to £38k, will also stop many pensioners living with their wife in the UK. Not to mention those working on lower salary levels.

i read somewhere this morning that Labour will  keep it at 29K.

• Sad 1

18 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I’ve explained why he’s a sniveling little coward, refer my post directly above.

It seems he made his money the same way as Sir Kier Starmer and thus according to your simpering post on Starmer must have "earned" it.

"Tommy Robinson net worth, comes from various sources, including public speaking engagements, book sales, and merchandise."

As for TR running away to avoid facing justice, you are being a little disingenuous here aren't you? You are stating the prosecutor (solicitor general) and avoiding the conclusions the presiding judge drew. He seems not to share your view despite hearing the arguments of the Solicitor General.

Even the Guardian does not support your view.

'Tommy Robinson fled Britain on Sunday night to “put himself beyond the reach of authorities” in the UK, where he was due to be in court over alleged contempt proceedings, the hearing was told.'

'The hearing was told', got it, this is the de facto prosecutor.

'The far-right activist, whose real name is Stephen Yaxley-Lennon, was arrested on Sunday at the Eurotunnel terminal in Folkestone by police who used counter-terrorism powers, but he was released on unconditional bail.

Mr Justice Johnson issued a warrant at the high court for the arrest of Robinson but ordered that it not be carried out until early October to allow the activist time to indicate that he would attend the next hearing voluntarily, or to apply to “set aside” the warrant.'

Seems the Judge presiding does not share your view chomper. I temped for 6 months at the CPS and was in court twice a week. If someone doesn't turn up to answer a criminal summons without a reasonable excuse being provided it's "warrant, no bail". Seen it countless imes.

Seems we have to defer judgement on the view you are espousing. I mean, the judge was there and heard the arguments and he did, you weren't.

Seems the allegations of fleeing justice are parroting of a view by the de factoprosecution.

Payter said Robinson returned recently for the purposes of publishing the film and then sought to leave immediately “to put himself beyond the reach of this jurisdiction”. This fleeing to avoid justice is a position taken by the Solicitor General and seemingly not accepted by the judge.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/article/2024/jul/29/tommy-robinson-flees-uk-on-eurostar-amid-contempt-of-court-proceedings

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, mokwit said:

It seems he made his money the same way as Sir Kier Starmer and thus according to your simpering post on Starmer must have "earned" it.

"Tommy Robinson net worth, comes from various sources, including public speaking engagements, book sales, and merchandise."

As for TR running away to avoid facing justice, you are being a little disingenuous here aren't you? You are stating the prosecutor (solicitor general) and avoiding the conclusions the presiding judge drew. He seems not to share your view despite hearing the arguments of the Solicitor General.

Even the Guardian does not support your view.

'Tommy Robinson fled Britain on Sunday night to “put himself beyond the reach of authorities” in the UK, where he was due to be in court over alleged contempt proceedings, the hearing was told.'

'The hearing was told', got it, this is the de facto prosecutor.

'The far-right activist, whose real name is Stephen Yaxley-Lennon, was arrested on Sunday at the Eurotunnel terminal in Folkestone by police who used counter-terrorism powers, but he was released on unconditional bail.

Mr Justice Johnson issued a warrant at the high court for the arrest of Robinson but ordered that it not be carried out until early October to allow the activist time to indicate that he would attend the next hearing voluntarily, or to apply to “set aside” the warrant.'

Seems the Judge presiding does not share your view chomper. I temped for 6 months at the CPS and was in court twice a week. If someone doesn't turn up to answer a criminal summons without a reasonable excuse being provided it's "warrant, no bail". Seen it countless imes.

Seems we have to defer judgement on the view you are espousing. I mean, the judge was there and heard the arguments and he did, you weren't.

Seems the allegations of fleeing justice are parroting of a view by the de factoprosecution.

Payter said Robinson returned recently for the purposes of publishing the film and then sought to leave immediately “to put himself beyond the reach of this jurisdiction”. This fleeing to avoid justice is a position taken by the Solicitor General and seemingly not accepted by the judge.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/article/2024/jul/29/tommy-robinson-flees-uk-on-eurostar-amid-contempt-of-court-proceedings

He ran from justice.

Quit with the sophistry already.

• Sad 2

3 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

He ran from justice.

Quit with the sophistry already.

He might argue he was just going home to his villa in Spain.

Can't really blame him.....villa in Spain versus putting up with morons in the EDL rioting in the streets....no brainer.

2 minutes ago, James105 said:

The "justice" he is facing is persecution from the state from showing a video the government doesn't want people to see.

How did the government achieve that little feat? 

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, mokwit said:

How would you know, are you British? You are sitting there in Australia getting your views from the media. How many ordinary British people have you spoken to to form this view?. What TR says/stands for and what the media insinuates he stands for are not the same. He appeals to normal people who never asked for mass immigration to support the political strategy of the Left of top down enforced multiculturalism.

Born and raised in London. UK, NZ & Oz citizen

• Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

He might argue he was just going home to his villa in Spain.

Can't really blame him.....villa in Spain versus putting up with morons in the EDL rioting in the streets....no brainer.

He can do so when next in front of the judge.

Edited by Chomper Higgot
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, James105 said:

The "justice" he is facing is persecution from the state from showing a video the government doesn't want people to see.  The "justice" he demands is that rapists of children are brought to justice to prevent them from raping children in future.   See the difference?  Probably not.   

No it’s not persecution, he’s beached long standing contempt of law, something he has a habit of doing.

A criminal bleating ‘they are out to get me’ is only evidence of the law targeting criminals.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, James105 said:

He is about as far from a coward as I have seen.  Cowards keep quiet, appease, turn a blind eye, excuse, the mass rape of children in various towns across the UK. 

If it was not for people like him and it was left to the various cowards in the councils, police and the politicians "running" this country the grooming rape gangs that were eventually apprehended would still be raping vulnerable children.   Thousands upon thousands of these rapes could have been prevented if not for the cowardice of the authorities.  

More rapes by UK white national (you can lookup government stats), I notice no-one mention this fact. How about your hero focussing in on this issue

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mokwit said:

He appeals to normal people who never asked for mass immigration to support the political strategy of the Left of top down enforced multiculturalism.

"Normal people"...???

'Mass immigration to support the left?'  Who has been in government for the last 14 years.....???

• Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, mokwit said:

Which case are we talking about? If it was the case where the Judge ordered him arrested for saying the names of the accused outside of the court the Judge was wrong, the BBC had already published the names online. Absent this, the judge acting to prevent a retrial is understandable as it would mean young witnesses already being required to testify a second time, it was perhaps well intentioned but in light of the BBC already publishing, wrong.

If you are referencing a case other than the historical case I am referencing then I express no opinion as I would have no facts to base any opinion on.

Not a fallacious argument at all. You are the one jumping the gun in your head when a judge who heard the full evidence took a different view to you that he ran from justice. How is it that you know better than the Judge?

This is no answer to my points. Answer my points rather than just accuse me of fallacious arguments ('sophistry'). If they are fallacious you should be able to shred them and publicly humiliate me, go ahead. eviscerate me, rather than resorting to attacking my arguments without supporting arguments/evidence and just baselessly re asserting your opinion.

This one:

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/stephen-yaxley-lennon-committed-to-prison-for-contempt-of-court

Courts administer justice, Yaxley-Lennon ran away overseas to avoid facing the court delivering him justice.

No amount of sophistry on your part is going to negate that fact,

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Just now, simple1 said:

More rapes by UK white national (you can lookup government stats), I notice no-one mention this fact. How about your hero focussing in on this issue

I think in these cases you have to look at the information as percent of population, otherwise it is meaningless. They did this in Sweden and the percentage of rapes by immigrants was way in excess of the percentage by population of indigenous Swedes. i.e. - in fact it was worse, much smaller immigrant population accounting for the majority of rapes if I remember rightly.

No I can't post a link because I am going from memory of something I read. I don't save the link of everything I read. If I have remebered wrong please feel free to correct me - I am posting this in good faith to the best of my recollection.

2 minutes ago, mokwit said:

I think in these cases you have to look at the information as percent of population, otherwise it is meaningless. They did this in Sweden and the percentage of rapes by immigrants was way in excess of the percentage by population of indigenous Swedes. i.e. - in fact it was worse, much smaller immigrant population accounting for the majority of rapes if I remember rightly.

No I can't post a link because I am going from memory of something I read. I don't save the link of everything I read. If I have remebered wrong please feel free to correct me - I am posting this in good faith to the best of my recollection.

I think you may well be correct and it is a sad reflection of the Tory government's total neglect in allowing rape prosecutions to effectively collapse. 

Only from memory.....but I recall a figure of as little as 1% of cases result in a prison sentence.

• Agree 1

34 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

"Normal people"...???

'Mass immigration to support the left?'  Who has been in government for the last 14 years.....???

I don't care what label they used but it was categorically not a "Conservative" government, hence the mass immigration forced upon the British people over the last 14 years.   Every single election a manifesto promise was made by the "Conservative" party that immigration would be drastically reduced to the "tens of thousands" and that is what the people voted for.  Every single time they increased immigration without a mandate from the people.

Just now, James105 said:

I don't care what label they used but it was categorically not a "Conservative" government, hence the mass immigration forced upon the British people over the last 14 years.   Every single election a manifesto promise was made by the "Conservative" party that immigration would be drastically reduced to the "tens of thousands" and that is what the people voted for.  Every single time they increased immigration without a mandate from the people.

Tory government then.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, James105 said:

Preceding Labour Government made no mention of its mass immigration policy in either its manifesto or Queens speech opening Parliament. It was done behind our backs with no mandate.

Actually, Immigration policy is set supragovernmentally.

Edited by mokwit
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

Not since Brexit...surely?

I wasn't talking about EU I was talking about whoever it is that really controls the UK. It seems not to be the electorate via elected Governments.

Edited by mokwit
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Courts administer justice, Yaxley-Lennon ran away overseas to avoid facing the court delivering him justice.

No amount of sophistry on your part is going to negate that fact,

It is not a fact though, it is an opinion of the Solicitor General, the de facto prosecutor and the judge appears not to have accepted his arguments.

Rather than answer my points you sidestep and accuse me again of 'sophistry'. Answer my points in such a way as to prove sophistry if you want to make a accusation of sophistry, otherwise it is just a baseless deflection tactic.

If my arguments are fallacious you should be able to shred them and publicly and humiliate me, go ahead. eviscerate me, rather than resorting to attacking my arguments without supporting arguments/evidence and just baselessly re asserting your opinion.

Edited by mokwit
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, mokwit said:

It is not a fact though, it is an opinion of the Solicitor General, the de facto prosecutor and the judge appears not to have accepted his arguments.

Rather than answer my points you sidestep and accuse me again of 'sophistry'. Answer my points in such a way as to prove sophistry if you want to make an accusation of sophistry, otherwise it is just a baseless deflection tactic.

Ts as simple as this.

Yaxley-Lennon was called before the court to face justice.

The sniveling little coward ran away.

• Sad 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, mokwit said:

Available from HMG website rape statistics for England and Wales...

HO Table 7: Number of persons arrested for notifiable sexual offences by ethnic group, year ending March 2012 to year ending March 20181,2

England and Wales             Numbers
Year Persons
White Black (or Black British) Asian (or Asian British) Mixed Chinese or Other  Not stated Total

Apr '11 to Mar '12  25,708  3,209  3,145  743  659  558  34,022
Apr '12 to Mar '13  24,075  2,884  3,080  701  591  602  31,933
Apr '13 to Mar '14  25,243  2,964  3,375  753  643  802  33,780
Apr '14 to Mar '15  26,979  3,338  3,468  795  689  878  36,147
Apr '15 to Mar '16  27,300  3,281  3,223  847  719  1,989  37,359
Apr '16 to Mar '17  23,739  3,110  3,045  802  747  2,094  33,537
Apr '17 to Mar '18  22,637  2,952  2,853  777  653  1,921  31,793
Source: Arrests collection, Home Office
1. Arrests data are not designated as National Statistics.          
2. All tables exclude Lancashire, who were unable to provide arrests data in the year ending March 2018. To ensure comparability over years, data for previous years also exclude arrests data from Lancashire, though these data can be found in the Open Data Tables.  

3 hours ago, simple1 said:

Absolutely, they should be hung, drawn and quartered. No dispute there. We have enough of our own to sort out unfortunately.

What we dont need though is undocumented illegal immigrants, whom we know nothing about, adding to the problem whilst living off the good old British tax payer. They come from countries so dangerous they come here on their own leaving their wives and children behind.

No one is complaining about legal migration, professionals who contribute to society.

• Agree 1

13 minutes ago, sungod said:

Absolutely, they should be hung, drawn and quartered. No dispute there. We have enough of our own to sort out unfortunately.

What we dont need though is undocumented illegal immigrants, whom we know nothing about, adding to the problem whilst living off the good old British tax payer. They come from countries so dangerous they come here on their own leaving their wives and children behind.

No one is complaining about legal migration, professionals who contribute to society.

Down to HMG to act. My understanding Immi and Border control are underfunded and under staffed across (all?) governments in Europe. European governments generally have poor record of performance with asylum seekers / refugees, especially lack of insight when ME fell apart after US / NATO invaded Afghanistan and Iraq. All the red flags were in-place and ignored by way of complacency and ignorance.

1 minute ago, simple1 said:

All the red flags were in-place and ignored by way of complacency and ignorance.

Not to forget all the do gooders who welcome anyone at all with welcome arms, and the lawyers who make a fortune in fighting deportation of illegal immigrants.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1