Thai customer complains about buffet restaurant staff service

37 minutes ago, TonyFromItaly said:

Yes, but on the reviews always better use a nickname, never the real name!
Tony

I'm sure some do, however, unless they are very Internet savvy it's still traceable if you wish to pursue it.

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, bob smith said:

customers should have the right to voice their concerns when receiving lousy service.

the right to complain is a fundamental tenet of free speech.

bob.

I doubt many would disagree with that.

However, if it is malicious and Total lies they should also face the consequences. 

• Agree 2

7 hours ago, itsari said:

It is time that the media that print bad reviews face the consequences as much as the disgruntaled customer for doing there best to ruin a persons income.

Oh yea... the media should immediately hire more reporters and set up an investigative journalism section in case some negative review contains exaggeration.

20 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

So stop with it if you can't accept critics

Try reading the article, the owner said that he welcomes constructive feedback, not the false allegation that this woman admitted making!            

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, CanadaSam said:
20 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

So, in your world a Miss is a he?

Reading your totally useless comments over several threads, I would suggest you get a hobby, and stay off AN when all you have to do is to criticize other posters for really minor errors like spelling, etc.

Post when you have something interesting to say, not just useless barbs for no reason other than to antagonize people.  Some would say troll-like behavior.  Please stop it.  Just my opinion.

To quote you...reading that totally useless comment on this thread, I would suggest you get a hobby, and stay off AN when all you have to do is to criticise other posters for posting their opinion.

Post when you have something interesting to say, not just a useless barb for no reason other than to antagonise people.  Some would say troll-like behavior.  Please stop it, no one here is in any position to tell others what, or how, to post until you're a Mod. 

• Confused 2
  • Sad 2

13 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Try reading the article, the owner said that he welcomes constructive feedback, not the false allegation that this woman admitted making!            

You are absolutely right.... 

But drawing attention to something this way that would have just disappeared into thin air when left as is....  Now he is the "owner of a restaurant that pursues people when posting a negative comment on social media about his business".

That he is right in doing this will soon be forgotten and does not matter anymore. It is the negative message that stays in peoples memory. People in the long run will not remember what the woman complained about, but they will remember what the restaurant owner did.  He better had accepted a public apologie and handle all in peace instead of going to court about some "missing income" which he never can proof. It is better to make the end result a positive than a negative one.

I have seen similar examples happening elsewhere (not in Thailand). And it is always the owner off the business that draws the short straw because he is making the issue bigger than it actually is. Although he has every right in doing this.

Sad it escalates this way. No winners here.

Edited by ThailandGuy
typo
  • Agree 2

9 hours ago, DjSilver08 said:

As always, Thais can't take complaints. No wonder with such a low self-esteem 🤣

"...As always, Thais can't take complaints".

As (almost) always, AN posters really cannot read, the owner said...

"The restaurant is open to constructive feedback and willing to make improvements, but the owner felt compelled to defend their business against false accusations".

9 hours ago, Bohemianfish said:

Thailand changing and open to criticism? I never leave bad reviews. Only positive, if warrented. Anyone can have an off day.

But, in this case, it was the woman "having an off day", not the restaurant.

22 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The owner declared their intention to pursue legal action against the individual, identified only as Miss D, without any possibility of settlement.

Looks like Miss D will soon be heading to the Bangkok Hilton for a lengthy stretch there, then.

31 minutes ago, gamb00ler said:

Oh yea... the media should immediately hire more reporters and set up an investigative journalism section in case some negative review contains exaggeration.

Oh yea , They would be better to employ lawyers.

Exaggeration could be tolerated, blatant lies out of spite is more the probem with reviews.

A post breaking forum rules has been removed.

Reminder of rule 17. ASEAN NOW news team collects news articles from various recognised and reputable news sources. The articles  may be consolidated from different sources and rewritten with AI assistance These news items are shared in our  forums for members to stay informed and engaged. Our dedicated news team puts in the effort to deliver quality content, and we ask for your respect in return. Any disrespectful comments about our news articles or the content itself, such as calling it "clickbait" or “slow news day”, and criticising grammatical errors, will not be tolerated and appropriate action will be taken. Please note that republished articles may contain errors or opinions that do not reflect the views of ASEAN NOW.

If you'd like to help us, and you see an error with an article, then please use the report function so that we can attend to it promptly.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

I would suggest you get a hobby, and stay off AN when all you have to do is to criticise other posters for posting their opinion.

Talking about yourself again Lou? Why not head your own suggestion?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, CallumWK said:
37 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

I would suggest you get a hobby, and stay off AN when all you have to do is to criticise other posters for posting their opinion.

Talking about yourself again Lou? Why not head your own suggestion?

You can't read?  I posted that I was quoting him, I was not telling him how to post, just rubbing his nose in the sht that he posted.

• Confused 2

2 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

"The restaurant is open to constructive feedback and willing to make improvements, but the owner felt compelled to defend their business against false accusations".

the quote is correct.. Thais can't take complaints... look what you write constantly...always negative comments on others but never an own opinion about the subject..

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I remember what happened in pattaya before about a bad a review or was it on a island.anyway the farang got in trouble.I wonder if the reviewer was thai or farang and we all know what happened the restaurant owner called a few friends i believe

• Confused 1

20 hours ago, worgeordie said:

The West is to blame for this , thats where Karen's started , now Thailand  has them ......

it's mostly the HiSo folks that have this attitude , but this one has only a 1000 Baht to

her name ..

regards Worgeordie

Although this complaint didn't sound legit, In general Thais don't complain enough,  As they don't like confrontation (unless it's with a foreigner) and it's about time they did.  they shouldn't have to put up with bad service/services.  Too many businesses in Thailand get away with having incompetent staff and bad service because they know they can get away with it because Thais won't say anything.    

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

the quote is correct.. Thais can't take complaints... look what you write constantly...always negative comments on others but never an own opinion about the subject..

I am not a Thai, as you seem to be suggesting, and your opinion of my posts is of no consequence, whatsoever.

"...never an own opinion about the subject.."

Ironically, my comment that you don't approve of because I "never have an opinion about the subject" was my opinion on the subject. 

"...you write constantly...always negative comments on others"

It is permitted for you to post negative comments about me, though!  How strange...that makes you a hypocrite, doesn't it?

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Confused 1

On 8/1/2024 at 10:04 PM, JimTripper said:

Actually, that's not correct. In Thailand it does not matter if the base complaint is true or not. It's the reputation of the accused in the eyes of the public that matters. Why do you think businesses can't be mentioned here? Many of those complaints are legit.

Saying legit complaints should be allowed is not understanding Thai society. The individual is not primary over the interests of a larger group. One persons complaint is just one person, so they should not be able to influence everybody because they had a bad reaction. Thai's "feel bad" about the one person's criticism so will not return to the establishment even knowing it's just one person. They are oversensitive to criticism and can't see a single complaint as not their complaint. They have "absorbed" the other persons complaint into themselves like a sponge.

This is again one of those issues where Thais have got it all upside down. Every business should be open to criticism and reviews. If you have one bad review our of 10, it obviously means nothing, it is just one customer. But if you have 6,7,8 bad comments out of 10, than something seriously wrong with your business. Oh yes, I forgot, that's how normal world works

On 8/1/2024 at 5:53 PM, worgeordie said:

The West is to blame for this , thats where Karen's started , now Thailand  has them ......

it's mostly the HiSo folks that have this attitude , but this one has only a 1000 Baht to

her name ..

regards Worgeordie

the karen can write an honest review or their opinion, without a defamation suit in the west

here proof is not even a legal defense

On 8/2/2024 at 1:33 AM, Sig said:

Did you read the story? Apparently the complaints were unjustified. How can anyone, regardless of ethnicity or nationality, be blamed for having low self-esteem and being angry with unjustified complaints that can affect their business?

No, they weren't unjustified. It's was a valid complaint from a customer.

On 8/2/2024 at 10:14 AM, Liverpool Lou said:

Always low self-esteem. 

On 8/2/2024 at 10:16 AM, Liverpool Lou said:

Why? The woman complaining admitted that her complaint was unjustified and she apologised for it, can't you read?

If so, she was threatened.

On 8/2/2024 at 5:51 AM, DjSilver08 said:

As always, Thais can't take complaints. No wonder with such a low self-esteem 🤣

They can’t take any form of responsibility either.

• Like 1