Thaksin Shinawatra Told To Stop Overpowering Srettha Thavisin

1 hour ago, sambum said:

For instance, should he (Buddha forbid!) become Prime Minister, I wonder what would become of the Government's cannabis policy, bearing in mind his personal financial investment in the trade? 

Anutin and Thaksin worked out a deal on the golf course, Srettha out Anutin in, the new Cannabis law watered down.

4 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

Anutin and Thaksin worked out a deal on the golf course, Srettha out Anutin in, the new Cannabis law watered down.

And tourists IN and foreign long stayers OUT?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, expat_4_life said:

What were the terms of Thaksin's sweetheart deal to return and receive a royal pardon?

Something tells me that whatever the agreement was, this is not it. :jap:

You're moving onto very thin ice with such questions on the terms. The shortsighted nature of all those goons who desperately wanted to get close to the trough did not realize last year, that the deal cooked up with Thaksin will backfire big time. Interesting weeks ahead so get the popcorn out; its showtime all over again 😉 

Pichai should know, that Thaksin's omnipresence has run this country for the last 25+ years. He might ask himself, why Thaksin's popularity remained so strong despite being off Thai soil for 16 years and thrown out of politics for 18 years. It does not only take a strong Thaksin but a very weak counterpart in politics, if at all in existence. 

Thaksin is the Robin Hood of the no-haves in Northern and Northeastern Thailand and even the Bangkokians have understood, that Thaksin might be the one-eyed among the blind. If you look at the muppets shows which ran the country even Pichai might understand ........ why! 

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

44 minutes ago, sandrew33 said:

And here we are. Yes sure he was the victim of trumped up charges which were driven by money and power but hey he allegedly offered a bribe - so that’s a hanging offence. 

Your yellow slip is showing 🙂 

it wasn't a trumped up charge. The  person responsible served time for the attempted bribe on Thaskins behalf.

Thaskin's puppet the PM   appears in court on the 14th charged with promoting the same unsuitable person  to a cabinet position. No doubt  acting on Thaskins recommendation. 

Edited by jippytum
correction

7 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Anutin is being quietly lined up for the PM position, PTP needs his party to survive, they'll only get his backing if he gets the top job.

I hope not, both Anutin and Thaksin are both Farang haters.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Shocked farang said:

The reasons are very transparent, it's money! Money is king in Thailand and Thaksin is the original "walking ATM" of Thailand. 

True, among others.

7 hours ago, Geoffggi said:

Not going to happen and the current government only has itself to blame after permitting Thaksin to sidestep imprisonment due to his false health claims, it is plainly obvious to anyone with half a brain that the government has bent over backwards to appease him for whatever reasons and now these decisions have come back to bite them - NO SYMPATHY ...............LOL 😎😎  

👌

13 hours ago, webfact said:

Pichai highlighted concerns that Thaksin's omnipresence has steadily eroded the party’s popularity.

I think Srettha has managed that all on his own.

• Like 1

I remember the election result and what happened,thaksin returned soon after and everyone knows what happened then and now.I,am sure he has his fingers in the the gov somehow.whether they listen or he controls something from the back room I don,t know but anything is possible and everyone will know in time. I just wonder when his puppet called a sister will be doing the same trick and then mr red bull will follow for sure

It’s still a bit of a mystery to me. Thaksin knows he is too old to enter politics again. He knows his daughter doesn’t have a chance either. He is a very rich man. So what is he doing, for what reason ? Just seeking power behind the lines , I can’t see it ? Maybe we are all barking up the wrong tree ?

You brought him back knowing exactly how he was and now crying about it... hummm.

Money has been spent now time to slap his hand.. We will see how that works.

Edited by Gknrd
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, jippytum said:

it wasn't a trumped up charge. The  person responsible served time for the attempted bribe on Thaskins behalf.

Thaskin's puppet the PM   appears in court on the 14th charged with promoting the same unsuitable person  to a cabinet position. No doubt  acting on Thaskins recommendation. 

I was working as a legal advisor in Thailand in 2006. The charges on which Thaksin was found guilty were based on retrospectively making an action illegal that was legal at the time it occurred. Not only that but it was common practice. 

Thaksin wasn’t remotely a saint but that’s not the point. 

And again your true politics and biases are showing. 🙂 

• Confused 1

16 hours ago, FarangJon said:

The Shinawatras - A family of Chinese criminals who stole their wealth from the poor.

Obsessed with power and all corrupt.

This is deeply ironic if you understand the power and money in Thailand. 

21 hours ago, jippytum said:

Do you remember the two million baht bribe his lawyer tried to hand over to a judge in a lunchbox?? 

and you read that where..............here? Again - you're just repeating things you've read somewhere and have not only not fact checked but have no interest in doing so either. You dont want to know the truth but you have no idea if that even happened. IF it did, you have no idea what the payment was for but believing the media fits with your narrative - and that's good enough for you. 

Edited by Jackbenimble
  • Confused 1

54 minutes ago, Jackbenimble said:

and you read that where..............here? Again - you're just repeating things you've read somewhere and have not only not fact checked but have no interest in doing so either. You dont want to know the truth but you have no idea if that even happened. IF it did, you have no idea what the payment was for but believing the media fits with your narrative - and that's good enough for you. 

The facts are as stated in my post. Thaksins lawyer served time for the offence. The Pm is on trial on the 14th for promoting the same person to a cabinet post. What is not factual about that.  As you are not current with with well documented political information  you should do some research before posting more rubbish. 

• Agree 1

On 8/2/2024 at 11:55 PM, geisha said:

It’s still a bit of a mystery to me. Thaksin knows he is too old to enter politics again. He knows his daughter doesn’t have a chance either. He is a very rich man. So what is he doing, for what reason ? Just seeking power behind the lines , I can’t see it ? Maybe we are all barking up the wrong tree ?

you say he is seeking power from behind the lines, but did it occur to you that they might be the ones doing the seeking and are approaching him? He's experienced, knowledgeable and very well connected............it would not surprise me in the slightest if they ask him "what should we do?" or "what would you do?". 

Edited by Jackbenimble

On 8/1/2024 at 10:40 PM, CallumWK said:

Thaksin know his time is up, hence he wanted to flee back to Dubai. I think the coming weeks will get very interesting

Thaksin will flee the way his sister fled !!