Mass Arrests Follow Violent Far-Right Demonstrations Across the UK

Social Media

51 minutes ago, proton said:

With another million a year the country's infrastructure is at breaking point, and it will only get worse with Starmer.

The countries infrastructure is at breaking point because it has all been sold to foreign companies who have squeezed every last penny for decades. They are basically getting free money from the tax payer in exchange for running everything into the ground, and they stand there blameless as people rush to blame immigrants, the eu, foreigners, etc

As I understand it the labour party is committed to reversing the damage done to public services by previous governments, so I would have to disagree and say that things can only get better with Starmer.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, mokwit said:

Is ONE statistically significant? A single isolated incident involving TWO people from a population of 70 million? It seems the real motive was robbery, but for the record I am appalled by this.

I wish they would teach sample bias at primary school, the Guardian in particular holds up one isolated incident and extrapolates atrend as a whole from it.

I am sure there would be more than one, we are a fairly racist country.

Immigrants cop a lot of casual racism from some of us, it usually is not nasty, but it is underlying.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, stoner said:

he never made any claim that his *friend* said anything about the killer. you've made that leap all on your own to fantasy land. 

his claim was his friend worked processing cases a LONG TIME ago. 

"Still murder by immigration, if his lying parents were not given the asylum scam pass he would not have been in the UK would he"

That's what proton said.

• Like 1

Just now, stevenl said:

"Still murder by immigration, if his lying parents were not given the asylum scam pass he would not have been in the UK would he"

That's what proton said.

Yes you are correct. However it's not that comment which I am referring to. Which I also said In My comments

52 minutes ago, Dear Triangle said:

The countries infrastructure is at breaking point because it has all been sold to foreign companies who have squeezed every last penny for decades. They are basically getting free money from the tax payer in exchange for running everything into the ground, and they stand there blameless as people rush to blame immigrants, the eu, foreigners, etc

As I understand it the labour party is committed to reversing the damage done to public services by previous governments, so I would have to disagree and say that things can only get better with Starmer.

Not doing too well up to now though is he?

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, proton said:

Fact not propaganda

Valdo Calocane killed Barnaby Webber and Grace O'Malley-Kumar, both 19, and 65-year-old Ian Coates on 13 June 2023. He was given an indefinite hospital order after prosecutors accepted a plea of manslaughter on the grounds of diminished responsibility.14 May 2024

I know that.

I was referring to the rest of the rubbish in your comment.

4 hours ago, transam said:

His parents are not British, they are migrants from Rwanda. 

He was born here, that's it.

Where are you?
Here?

You are missing the point that this incident was not part of an evil plan of a terrorist cell. Just an idiot kid like the Trump shooter.

The right have a point about some attacks by Muslims in the UK. But this is not one of them.

Some of these idiots are that dumb they don’t even know what country they are in.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, proton said:

95% of asylums claim at the time his parents lied thier way in were fake, according to my friend who processed claims 20 years ago. She said they all had the same stories and they were almost never checked out. 

Your friend processed 95% of all asylum claims in 2006. He/she must have been very busy.

Just a minute. 20 years ago us 2004.

Edited by youreavinalaff

Back in the UK I have friends who are far right racists and some who are Muslim. 

But if the far right and Muslims were to wipe each other out I think it would be a good thing for the UK in general.

i wouldn’t miss them.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, MalcolmB said:

Yes fair point but the Muslims that are not extremist do not report to police or even condemn their extremists. 
so they are not trustworthy so we are better of without them all. Sort of like living in a share house with someone you can not trust to have your back.

Better off without them and the far right, and the looney left.

And fat women.

I have to say, I've seen examples of Muslims condemning extremism in their own ranks.

3 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

I have to say, I've seen examples of Muslims condemning extremism in their own ranks.

Because they wanted you to see it. Some but not enough.

I seriously question their true intentions if it came down between a choice

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

Can we see them too?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Dear Triangle said:

As I understand it the labour party is committed to reversing the damage done to public services by previous governments

2 hours ago, Dear Triangle said:

The countries infrastructure is at breaking point because it has all been sold to foreign companies who have squeezed every last penny for decades.

i'm sure at some point in those decades (plural) that labour was in power as well. the blame can be shared no ? 

46 minutes ago, nauseus said:

Can we see them too?

Sure. There are plenty of articles on the internet.

I've heard first hand. Can't share those as they were face to face conversations. The couple that live in the same block as us being examples.

Edited by youreavinalaff

52 minutes ago, MalcolmB said:

Because they wanted you to see it. Some but not enough.

I seriously question their true intentions if it came down between a choice

Not at all. I taught in a school with many Muslim kids. I often got invited to their places. Very nice people trying very hard to distance themselves from the extremists.

I know many Irishmen. I wonder how they would feel if it was suggested all Irish catholics are IRA members.

Or all Protestants in NI were UDA members.

Edited by youreavinalaff

15 minutes ago, stoner said:

i'm sure at some point in those decades (plural) that labour was in power as well. the blame can be shared no ? 

Which public utilities were sold by Labour to foreign companies?

19 minutes ago, stoner said:

Yes. The labour party should have put a stop to privatisation, and can be blamed for that. 

We can all now see that it's not working and is causing problems. You can't get a GP appointment, you have to pay lots of money for dental treatment, there are no youth centres so kids are running around with knives and selling drugs, you have to wait 7 hours in accident and emergency before someone can see you. And certain people are blaming these things on immigrants, asylum seekers, refugees, the eu, polish plumbers, black people, and Muslims. Agitators are mostly to blame for this. Overall, it's a bad idea to hand over public services to private companies, because they will extract profits, that's what they do, the evidence is clear. So the solution is clear. Don't allow private companies to extract profits from public services, give the profits to tax payers by investing them in public services. The previous government was ideologically opposed to this, that's not necessarily why they lost, but they did lose and the party that won claim to recognise the mistakes that have been made.

2 hours ago, Kinok Farang said:

Not doing too well up to now though is he?

I think he's done very well by spreading a message of unity and determination to put things right, rather than blaming minorities and trying to take away peoples rights, which was the approach of the previous government, who among other things, wanted to make it illegal to protest, who caused the uk to leave the eu, and allowed public services to fall into ruin.

The rioters are chanting "stop the boats" that's a conservative party slogan. It's almost as if they don't realise that the government has changed, they are blaming the new government for the mistakes of the previous government. Those hotels full of asylum seekers, that is the doing of the previous government, they were more than happy to fill up hotels and pay millions to their mates every day, while blaming people in boats for everything. When the real reason things are so messed up, is because of them and their ideology, privatising everything from the inside out. 

Edited by Dear Triangle
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 2

18 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

Which public utilities were sold by Conservatives to foreign companies?

Eh? 

The Tories sold off most public utilities and most of them are now under foreign ownership - water, electricity, gas, telecoms, rail - many of them owned by foreign governments.

20 minutes ago, josephbloggs said:

Eh? 

The Tories sold off most public utilities and most of them are now under foreign ownership - water, electricity, gas, telecoms, rail - many of them owned by foreign governments.

Therefore, the Conservatives did not sell any utilities to foreign companies.

I know that as it was my job for many years. 

Some are now in majority ownership of foreign investment companies. Many UK based investment and pension companies own substantial amounts of shares.

However, and I repeat, the Conservatives did not sell any utilities to foreign companies. 

Labour, have never attempted to buy any back. Why? I'll let you work that one out.

14 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

Therefore, the Conservatives did not sell any utilities to foreign companies.

I know that as it was my job for many years. 

Some are now in majority ownership of foreign investment companies. Many UK based investment and pension companies own substantial amounts of shares.

However, and I repeat, the Conservatives did not sell any utilities to foreign companies. 

Labour, have never attempted to buy any back. Why? I'll let you work that one out.

Eh? You are playing with semantics.

The Tories sold off our national assets and many are now in foreign ownership - including vital utilities, transportation and communications. The Tories. They sold the national assets. Correct?

Is it that easy for Labour to come in and buy them back just like that?? Of course it isn't. Hopefully they might take the water and rail companies back for a start, but easier said than done.

Edit: this is getting way off topic.

Edited by josephbloggs

4 minutes ago, josephbloggs said:

Eh? You are playing with semantics.

The Tories sold off our national assets and many are now in foreign ownership - including vital utilities, transportation and communications. The Tories. They sold the national assets. Correct?

Is it that easy for Labour to come in and buy them back just like that?? Of course it isn't. Hopefully they might take the water and rail companies back for a start, but easier said than done.

I sold a car to my brother. He sold it to a bloke down the road.

That doesn't mean I sold it to the bloke down the road, does it?

• Confused 1

9 minutes ago, josephbloggs said:

I think that it speaks to the true cause of the grievance that people have. Things were good, and as time has passed things have gotten worse, wages have have not risen at the same rate as house prices. Public services have deteriorated. All of this can be traced back to things the government have done, have allowed to happen and have encouraged. 

Yet people on are the streets breaking things and looting. And they say it's because they want their country back. That no one listens to them. <minority> took their jobs and women etc.

6 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

I sold a car to my brother. He sold it to a bloke down the road.

That doesn't mean I sold it to the bloke down the road, does it?

This is where things do go a bit off topic. It's up to you to take this path if you must.

Point is, people are rioting, and they are doing it because of misinformation combined with real problems they face, the causes of which have been misrepresented by people looking to benefit from the situation and further their aims.

The enemies of the UK are laughing right now.

2 minutes ago, Dear Triangle said:

Point is, people are rioting, and they are doing it because of misinformation combined with real problems they face, the causes of which have been misrepresented by people looking to benefit from the situation and further their aims

Exactly. Hence my post correction misinformation.

Edited by youreavinalaff