Pattaya rebranding as family-friendly destination to boost tourism

webfact

5 hours ago, steven100 said:

Please don't tarnish Pattaya's  world class pristine family friendly #1 Gold star resort reputation that it has from TAT. 

It is such a family perfect pristine resort  -    nothing bad ever happens and it's so safe and everyone is honest. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg.675d7c4e849f0433c820cc02b12afaba.jpeg.a8a5c20d8849b2245e3e25d7219d20f3.jpeg

☝️☝️☝️
BLISS.
I wonder what sort of "family-friendly" entertainment can be found there, 'eh?

• Haha 2

You have to wonder, the occasional familes you do see on Walking Street, or around the bars, is this what they expected when booking a stop in Pattaya or was it marketed as a close to Bangkok beach location and they had little clue what the business of Pattaya was.

So, they are going to replace all the girls in short skirts outside the clubs on Walking Street, with Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck and Goofy.  Nice touch Pattaya.  :cheesy:

10 hours ago, Andrew65 said:

I first visited Thailand in 1985, I had booked a package deal through Kuoni, 1 week in Bangkok (Manhattan Hotel), followed by 1 week in Pattaya (Nipa Lodge Hotel). Flew on a QANTAS 747-100, Manchester - Athens - Bangkok (That variant of the 747 didn't have the range to do UK - BKK in one go).

Kuoni stated in their brochure that they didn't consider Pattaya to be a resort that was suitable for a family holiday

In my 1984 holiday brochure they came up with the classic line that Pattaya had 'more than its fair share of girlie bars'.

• Like 1

I don't understand why some officials are always desperately trying to convert Pattaya into a family-friendly resort. Pattaya is a goldmine how it is and it is the breadbasket for countless divorced Thai mothers and for many, many families in Isaan. Make a well-running business better, but don't destroy it senselessly.

Edited by tomacht8
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

Seems these guys don't understand anything about market segmentation and it's benefits. Just imagine Las Vegas or Macau trying to do the same, diluting their unique positioning and start competing with family resorts. No way. Loose loose for all.

Pattaya should just focus on the core capabilities and enhance consumer understanding and awareness of those and let other places to fight about families. TAT should tell them so, not to screw up country level segmentation and location focus of different places. 

Years ago I took my son to Pattaya several times for a family weekend because even back then there were lots of facilities for kids, but mostly outside of Pattaya town. The trouble is you can't hide "walking street" which is definitely not aimed at family entertainment. When the kids are in bed with supervision adults can have fun but the obsession with "Hubs" is just another catchword that is out of date.

6 hours ago, PingRoundTheWorld said:

Nobody wants a "family friendly" Pattaya. We love it precisely because it is sin city. Take that away and it's just another boring seaside town.

Pattaya has a 'sea' ?

• Haha 1