Everything's crashing - help!

2 minutes ago, gargamon said:

I killed the crypto. Just for fun I put $5000 into a crypto ETF. As always, when I do something like that, the investment tanks. So blame me if you must.

I transferred 500,000 baht a week ago and got 18,500 CAD

Today I would get 19,500CAD

I killed the Canadian dollar.

Edited by Celsius
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 2

27 minutes ago, steven100 said:

It's simply a correction and a good time to consolidate.  It will jump back in no time.

Now's the best time to jump in ....  when others fear ... 

Buy, buy , buy

• Agree 1

41 minutes ago, jas007 said:

A global adjustment of overvalued assets. Some people think it’s primarily the result of the unwinding of the Yen carry trade and too much leverage in the system. Banks may be in trouble, for sure. There’s also a seasonal aspect and, in any event, many assets have been in bubble territory for far too long and are due for a correction.

We might see a sharp reversal sometime soon, but don’t count on it.  The typical bear market lasts 18 months or so. One way or the other, it can be an opportunity.

Personally, I’m fine so long as the ATM machines keep dispensing Thai baht.

Unemployed is increasing in the US, the Fed is already said it will lower interest rates this year and we are probably in for a wild election.

A slowdown in the US will hurt the exporting economics of Asia. Europe is stagnant and Ursula is all about trade barriers. 

War is brewing in the Middle East, as usual.

Asia have had 27 good years since the Tom yum goong crises in 1997. Time for some pad thai or is it sushi 🍣 this time around?

Edited by ExpatOilWorker
  • Thumbs Up 1

Although many of us would like to see the baht crash, the reality is that the dollar was probably quite overvalued and the US stock markets are grossly overvalued. I expect a huge correction there in the next year or so. We might see the Dow drop to well under 20,000. Or more. 

• Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Although many of us would like to see the baht crash, the reality is that the dollar was probably quite overvalued and the US stock markets are grossly overvalued. I expect a huge correction there in the next year or so. We might see the Dow drop to well under 20,000. Or more. 

Yeah, right. You are like Jim Cramer of predictions. Everything you said about Thailand during covid was wrong.

But if you really think Dow is going down to 20k then your stay in Thailand will become very, very uncomfortable.

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, jas007 said:

We might see a sharp reversal sometime soon, but don’t count on it.  The typical bear market lasts 18 months or so.

This is not a bear market with bonds at 125. A correction that often happens this time of year.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Digitalbanana said:

This is not a bear market with bonds at 125. A correction that often happens this time of year.

Perhaps. But the seasonal aspect is just one factor.  And who do you think is buying all the bonds? 

4 minutes ago, Digitalbanana said:

Totally agree....  and it will bounce back again very soon.  

3 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

hey @BuddyPish where are you with your millions of thais suffering if the bht crashes? most foreigners here arent very happy the way things are going... so why arent you dishing out at them?

BTW spidermike i totally agree with you, but this guy pish is a thai bleeding heart who thinks he can thrive on FX speculation. he thinks that if one isnt happy with the value of the bht then just go home

and i quote him:

Whenever I read sentiments like this, I assume that the author is having difficulty living comfortably with the exchange rate. 

boo hoo to you pish 🤣

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

THe last months Ive red many lay offs of companies (msn news). All sorts of companies. I was amazed.

From today Intel is sacking 15000 people !!!! They have 125000 people working, but you arent happy if you are in sacking group.

They made public, cocoa had a bad yearly crops and prices went up and now it went down again?! 

Yet it is stil high compared to september last year, but never the less amazing, would have expect to rise more and at least up to next years crops. 

So less buyers due to raise? And now lower because of that? En joy your chocolate while you can.

1 hour ago, NoDisplayName said:

Just look at the bright side.

Now that world stock markets are tanking and all your unrealized capital gains have vaporized, you won't owe any Thai tax when you remit what's left of your sadly diminished nest egglets.

In Thailand you pay taxes even if you have losses.

Fact.

This is why this country is garbage. 

49 minutes ago, Celsius said:

In Thailand you pay taxes even if you have losses.

Fact.

This is why this country is garbage. 

In Philippines, Capital Gains Tax is applied simply as a sales tax. It's a complete misnomer. There's no allowance for original cost nor cost of improvements, eg building a house. You buy land, you build a house, you sell same. You get taxed on the sale price.