Are you a Trump supporter?

SunsetT

7 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Viking blood, from the Viking colonies around Dublin.

"Black Irish" are descended from Spanish Celts who emigrated to Ireland 2,500 years ago.

Oh dear!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Irish_(folklore)

The first use of the term "Black Irish" is tied to the myth that they were descended from Spanish sailors shipwrecked during the Spanish Armada of 1588.[5][6][7][8][9][10] However, no anthropological, historical, or genetic research supports this story.

• Like 1

Just now, thaibeachlovers said:

Oh dear!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Irish_(folklore)

The first use of the term "Black Irish" is tied to the myth that they were descended from Spanish sailors shipwrecked during the Spanish Armada of 1588.[5][6][7][8][9][10] However, no anthropological, historical, or genetic research supports this story.

Since Black Irish do exist, and they didn't come from Spanish sailors, I'll let you guess where they came from.

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Do you have anything to suggest that Anglo Saxons were Celts?

Certainly not the Normans, who are descended from Vikings.

Red headed Irish likely have Spanish blood.

Seems I got the red hair wrong, though that is what I was told.

It's a Celtic thing, not Spanish at all, and not Vikings either.

https://www.eupedia.com/genetics/origins_of_red_hair.shtml

Edited by thaibeachlovers

On 8/7/2024 at 10:05 PM, frank83628 said:

which brand name of Vodka do you own? maybe i saw it but didn't realise. how many Billion have you made? can you show us 1 of your amazing business achievements?

Jealous people that made nothing of their own life like to denigrate successful people, IMO.

25 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

"Black Irish" are descended from Spanish Celts who emigrated to Ireland 2,500 years ago.

That sounded interesting, so I looked it up, and it's based in folk tales and myths. Certainly it does not in any sense refer to Black Irish, which are descended from the Africans that lived in Ireland in the 18th Century.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_people_in_Ireland

• Thanks 1

On 8/7/2024 at 6:05 PM, frank83628 said:

which brand name of Vodka do you own? maybe i saw it but didn't realise. how many Billion have you made? can you show us 1 of your amazing business achievements?

I can give you one of my amazing business achievements: I never took a company into bankruptcy. Unlike Trump.

I am closing down a company now, but have the problem that it made money, and has money in the bank.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Am I fan?

I wasn't until I found out he managed to continue playing squash, tennis and golf for his University.........even though he was suffering the excruciating pain of bones spurs.

Screenshot 2024-08-10 at 12.15.36.png

On 8/7/2024 at 1:39 PM, susanlea said:

Why post rubbish? Trump had low inflation.

Does low inflation mean that thousands of lies and untruths, racism, rudeness to respected people are not relevant?

On 8/11/2024 at 12:27 AM, Will B Good said:

Am I fan?

I wasn't until I found out he managed to continue playing squash, tennis and golf for his University.........even though he was suffering the excruciating pain of bones spurs.

Screenshot 2024-08-10 at 12.15.36.png

Soooo, as you know so much about it, where are Trump's bone spurs? If they are above the sandshoe level they wouldn't hurt in the photo, would they?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Soooo, as you know so much about it, where are Trump's bone spurs? If they are above the sandshoe level they wouldn't hurt in the photo, would they?

So no problem serving when asked to do so like Mr Vance? 

• Sad 1

20 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

So no problem serving when asked to do so like Mr Vance? 

I volunteered to go to Vietnam, and it wasn't my fault it ended for us before I got to go there. I ended up in Singapore for 2 years, which was incredibly great in the 70s.

How about you? did you go when asked?

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I volunteered to go to Vietnam, and it wasn't my fault it ended for us before I got to go there. I ended up in Singapore for 2 years, which was incredibly great in the 70s.

How about you? did you go when asked?

55555......I did volunteer for the Tet offensive, but as a 12 year old, English schoolboy, I was knocked back......not because of my age or nationality though......I had a really sore foot....my mum did sent a note.........we couldn't afford a crooked doctor.

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, frank83628 said:

there was a poll here recently on how AN members would vote,  Trump or Harris, anyone know what thread is was on, or got the result?

Donald or Kamala?

Screenshot 2024-08-14 at 10.26.22.png

Edited by Will B Good
  • Like 1

On 8/7/2024 at 3:48 PM, Captain Monday said:

Because he can say he did not "start a war"?  It really boggles the mind. And you're English right?

He's a Kiwi. It's often said New Zealanders are more British than the British.

23 hours ago, Will B Good said:

55555......I did volunteer for the Tet offensive, but as a 12 year old, English schoolboy, I was knocked back......not because of my age or nationality though......I had a really sore foot....my mum did sent a note.........we couldn't afford a crooked doctor.

Deflecting much?

So you never served, but like to mock those that did.

On 8/11/2024 at 9:40 AM, thaibeachlovers said:

They came from Africa. I linked about that in a different post.

The Irish gene pool is relatively homogeneous. There is no genetic evidence Irish people with darker skin and eyes came from Africa, shipwrecked Spanish sailors, or Cromwell's soldiers. The DNA difference would stick out like a sore thumb if they did.

33 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

He's a Kiwi. It's often said New Zealanders are more British than the British.

I made that stupid quip about being “English” to mean holding a UK passport and not being able to vote for Trump like most of his fans here. 

4 minutes ago, Captain Monday said:

I made that stupid quip about being “English” to mean holding a UK passport and not being able to vote for Trump like most of his fans here. 

Many of us can't vote in the US elections.

We are aliens, a term which has always amused me. So far, I have resisted the temptation to ask where I should park my spaceship.

Our interest stems from the knowledge whoever gets into the White House has huge ramifications for the rest of the world.

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

We are aliens, a term which has always amused me. So far, I have resisted the temptation to ask where I should park my spaceship.

Our interest stems from the knowledge whoever gets into the White House has huge ramifications for the rest of the world.

No wars Trump

2 wars Harris

Yep you are right.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Captain Monday said:

Trump has 20 good policies. Harris has none.

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Well one “ramification” of Trump 2025 is he will sabotage NATO and staunch allies who do not pay him tributes will be left in the cold. The UK has nuclear weapons and a superbe military so I would not think Putin will invade but overall it will be a good thing for Britain. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Captain Monday said:

Well one “ramification” of Trump 2025 is he will sabotage NATO and staunch allies who do not pay him tributes will be left in the cold. The UK has nuclear weapons and a superbe military so I would not think Putin will invade but overall it will be a good thing for Britain. 

Correct. Trump's foreign policy appears to be one of alienating allies, and cosying up to dictators.

I'm harking back to the days of De Gaulle, when the new American ambassador was introduced. Not a career diplomat, a rich contributor to the ruling party.

Something he said said or did offended De Gaulle, who quietly remarked to an aide " Qui fait entrer ce cochon?" ( Who let this pig in?)

I'm guessing that line might get repeated if Trump is elected.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Captain Monday said:

Another good Trump policy.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Deflecting much?

So you never served, but like to mock those that did.

Mock?.....Who?

My father spent five years on the North Atlantic runs, WW2, and brother served in Aden, NI and the Falklands.....so no....I have never mocked anyone who has served.

Posts using derogatory and toxic nicknames or intentional misspelling of people’s names will be removed. If you don’t want your post to be removed, spell people’s names correctly, this applies to both sides of the political debate.

• Thumbs Up 1