Layover flight

On 8/6/2024 at 4:37 AM, villageidiotY2K said:

im planning a trip to taiwan but cheap ticket i found got a layover in korea for 24 hrs.

So i might as well make a sightseeing around korea instead of staying at the over priced shops at the airport.

ive got omanian passport, no visa required for both taiwan for korea during my short stay for a week.

So i can freely roam around the city of korea?

You don't say where in Korea but if we assume Seoul and Incheon airport then the answer is yes, but with a twist.  Check on Timatic which is what the airlines use.  I used Emirates' interface and it come up with what I've shown in this screenshot.  Also remember that as it's >24 hours your luggage will not be checked through to your final destination so ensure you have a plan for that if required.

Capture.JPG.05b0d2998ee54efb1281328d3998f979.JPG

On 8/11/2024 at 11:34 PM, treetops said:

You don't say where in Korea but if we assume Seoul and Incheon airport then the answer is yes, but with a twist.  Check on Timatic which is what the airlines use.  I used Emirates' interface and it come up with what I've shown in this screenshot.  Also remember that as it's >24 hours your luggage will not be checked through to your final destination so ensure you have a plan for that if required.

Capture.JPG.05b0d2998ee54efb1281328d3998f979.JPG

Hi thanks for ur insight.

Planning a transit on daengu for 27 hrs.

Above it states must stay in the nt transit area, meaning i couldnt get out of the airport??

With 27hrs i wanna explore the city and maybe get a wookie massage if the price is right