All these Asia YouTubers

My impression for the smaller channels is that there's much more money in the e-begging on livestreams than the piddling ad revenue.

Its kind of amazing to me. 

I gave 20 dollars ONCE to a youtuber because he was giving out information that was really valuable to me at the time that I couldn't get anywhere else. So basically payment for a service. I even considered giving monthly but the reason I didn't was because he's a pro Trump election denier.

On the other hand I do watch some livestream begging and it's not unusual for people to give 100 dollars and even sometimes 500 dollars at a pop to total strangers and for what exactly? Virtual friends?

Edited by Jingthing
  • Sad 3

4 hours ago, NowNow said:

You appear to spend an inordinate amount of time watching other people via YouTube....and subsequently, on here. No friends. No partner? 

Fake partner?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

7 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

YouTube must be paying well.

I have noticed an increase in Asia expat  YouTubers , Yes I said Asia because the Philippines it seems I getting a massive increase in farangs / foreigners who YouTube there especially Duamagette 

Even Pattaya now , one old expat sitting on a toilet going LIVE with 59 watchers 

Is it money ,is it fame ?

Walking around with that camera on a stick 

I mean ok it has its purpose but please not everyone 

Some go to Astronomical lengths pretending they are dying of cancer then suddenly it gets better 🥴

Yeah most are rubbish though. Steady is faking it? 

I like some YouTubers who do a job which they like and make videos at the same time.

They would do anyhow what they do, even without YouTube.

And then there are those guys with a mission to tell everybody how smart they are. Like I am a YouTuber, you should be impressed. 

No, most of the time, we are not impressed.

In other words: Why don't you try to find a proper job? 

8 hours ago, proton said:

I only watch cute ones, not some fat retired yank or Geordie droning on about Pattaya. Washing a clean car!

That is disgusting,fat farang female Karen's would be offended 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

It astonishes me how many people have platforms on these sites, and have very little to say of relevance. There is alot of empty content. Yet, they have followers. Are the masses really that bored, or that easily impressionable? It does not take much to get followers these days. What does that say about society?

Edited by spidermike007
  • Love It 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, proton said:

I only watch cute ones, not some fat retired yank or Geordie droning on about Pattaya. Washing a clean car!

Is that real? Someone has to be extremely bored to want to spend their time watching a semi cute gal washing a car. Really? 

• Agree 1

44 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Is that real? Someone has to be extremely bored to want to spend their time watching a semi cute gal washing a car. Really? 

na ka :thumbsup:

23 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

YouTube must be paying well.

I have noticed an increase in Asia expat  YouTubers , Yes I said Asia because the Philippines it seems I getting a massive increase in farangs / foreigners who YouTube there especially Duamagette 

Even Pattaya now , one old expat sitting on a toilet going LIVE with 59 watchers 

Is it money ,is it fame ?

Walking around with that camera on a stick 

I mean ok it has its purpose but please not everyone 

Some go to Astronomical lengths pretending they are dying of cancer then suddenly it gets better 🥴

Yes, Youtube can pay very well for people who know how to use it. Alife working as a Youtuber also gives a lot of freedom, where most of them are doing what they love do do even when working.

The regular Youtube payment for standard advertising pays about 18 dollar per 1000 views. Think about the popular guys that makes 3 videos a week and getting 4-6 million views on each one of them.

That makes 5 000 000 / 1 000 = 5 000     -     5 000 x 18 = 90 000 USD on only 1 video

90 000 x 12 = 1 080 000 USD / month

That is only included the standard advertising contract with Google. There are a lot of bespoke contracts as well that give more or money on the side. A successful Youtuber will also get other sponsoring contracts that might give same much more.

However, this is the top of the most successful Youtubers, but if you look at doing the same and only making 10% of above, that will be a huge amount of money for an Asian person per year to make about 35 - 40 million baht per year if being a Thai for example. 

Now you know, why they are so many.

• Confused 1

19 minutes ago, Gottfrid said:

However, this is the top of the most successful Youtubers, but if you look at doing the same and only making 10% of above, that will be a huge amount of money for an Asian person per year to make about 35 - 40 million baht per year if being a Thai for example. 

Now you know, why they are so many.

Two friends of mine, thai husband and wife... they have a only fans channel.... they make a fortune uploading content to that..

• Confused 1

A lot of the YouTubers are basically beggars online where there are certain videos you can only watch if you pay a subscription.

One which is very popular non subscription although they have a members section is the bar on Soi 7 on a Sunday at 5pm where 6 vey skimpily dressed bar girls sit on what they call the casting couch bumming drinks of the viewers and they end up p*****, hardly entertaining.

• Agree 1

18 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

best weather report ever

On 8/6/2024 at 4:22 PM, Jingthing said:

My impression for the smaller channels is that there's much more money in the e-begging on livestreams than the piddling ad revenue.

Its kind of amazing to me. 

I gave 20 dollars ONCE to a youtuber because he was giving out information that was really valuable to me at the time that I couldn't get anywhere else. So basically payment for a service. I even considered giving monthly but the reason I didn't was because he's a pro Trump election denier.

On the other hand I do watch some livestream begging and it's not unusual for people to give 100 dollars and even sometimes 500 dollars at a pop to total strangers and for what exactly? Virtual friends?

you could make  lot's of money renting out that free Trump  living space in your head..    

• Love It 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

It astonishes me how many people have platforms on these sites, and have very little to say of relevance. There is alot of empty content. Yet, they have followers. Are the masses really that bored, or that easily impressionable? It does not take much to get followers these days. What does that say about society?

I tend to agree with you on that... after perusing this forum the last couple of days the same thing could be said 

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, JustMyOpinion said:

I tend to agree with you on that... after perusing this forum the last couple of days the same thing could be said 

Oh please don't leave !

The advertisers may drop their advertising on here !!!

Edited by georgegeorgia