Trump Claims Harris Is 'Afraid' to Debate on Fox News Amid Debate Controversy

Social Media

It would be interesting to have a thread where that claim that Biden is the worst US President ever was debated.

No matter what you think of Trump, or even Biden, he wasn't the worst President ever in my opinion.

I believe that was Woodrow Wilson - the US President who agreed to the setting up of the Fed, and handed US monetary policy over to a cabal of crooked bankers.

He also introduced the Income Tax in the US, and was a renowned racist. His efforts in WW1 are not universally appreciated either.

Overall I'd say he is higher on any 'Worst' list than Biden - or even Trump for that matter.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, BigStar said:

Part of it, absolutely. He's quite annoyed with ABC, and he MAY get a nice settlement of out of them. Otherwise, he'd never agreed to debate her anyway, esp. not under Biden's sweetheart deal w/ no negotiation. OF COURSE she'd like the same deal w/ liberal hack moderators.

So if he's going to debate, he has a perfect right to negotiate a new deal, and he definitely should.

<SNIP! Off-topic ranting>

Oh yes, I'm SURE he's going to get a nice big settlement for a journalist starting facts about a presidential candidate! I mean, look at all the court cases he has won doing just that... 

But I won't rant further since I am such a big fan of both Big Star and Alex Chilton's solo work. Man was a genius and gone far too soon. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Tug said:

Trumps scared he needs to debate her.he knows it and I Suspect he knows what the result will be that’s why he’s trying to move the goal posts.

As I have said before. When Trump wanted to debate Biden he accepted lots of things that he would not have done like no audience. He has used this time getting the 'no questions beforehand' squared away, a big audience, friendly pro-Trump moderators. He signed up for ABC and CNN to debate Biden because he knew he would crush Biden. Kamala is an unknown quantity (I don't remember her from 2020 and she has not exactly been front and centre in the VP role) so why not get the debate terms he wants. Harris wants the debate more than Trump does. 

9 hours ago, BigStar said:

Trump's suing ABC and George Stephanopoulos and his lawsuit has been given permission to proceed. Thus ABC and he have a conflict of interest. Have the debate moderated by the org you're suing? I don't think so!

Trump agreed to easy terms to get Biden out of his basement and give him false hope he could win on his terms w/ the fake news moderators behind him. Worked. No such need with Harris. Being on stage with Trump would elevate Harris and be to her advantage, until she's shredded. He has the right to negotiate terms this time.

Negotiate, yes. Dictate, no. If biased Fox News were the venu, there should be two meter at the bottom of the screen, not controlled by Fox News, but by a reputable centrist media monitor. One meter is the truth meter, the other one regards the questions, whether they are bona fide or biased.

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, herfiehandbag said:

1: The previous debate (both Biden and Trump were presumptive candidates) was run by CNN not ABC.

2: Both debates were the subject of considerable negotiation. It must have been known that the first debate would be between the presumptive candidates, and very obviously the second between the actual selected candidates. By definition the presumptive candidate is not necessarily the actual candidate. In this case the Democrat candidate has changed.

The agreed moderation specifically does not allow for one candidate to "shout over" another, and it is intended to improve factual accuracy. Since it is very much Donald Trump's style to lie and browbeat his opponents, it will be very much in his interest to affect a change in debate hosts, and in particular to one (Fox News) which is frankly less likely to reign in Trump.

The essentials of the agreed debate have not changed - the actual candidates and the agreed conditions. Trump is merely trying to change the rules, to his advantage.

The choice of Fox News would lead to questions tailored to Trump's diatribes. His lies need real time fact checking (as I proposed in an earlier response).

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

17 minutes ago, placnx said:

Negotiate, yes. Dictate, no.

He has the right to dictate if he wishes, just as she has the right to reject any terms demanded. Biden dictated terms for his disastrous debate. With typical liberal hypocrisy, you loved the idea if Biden does it.

However, if you knew anything about negotiation, you'd know that you start with a big seemingly non-negotiable demand and negotiate from there. Hamas knows that. The goal is to get the most out of the other party as you possibly can. So what you're looking at is an opening gambit.

17 minutes ago, placnx said:

there should be two meter at the bottom of the screen, not controlled by Fox News, but by a reputable centrist media monitor. One meter is the truth meter, the other one regards the questions, whether they are bona fide or biased.

Laughable. 

Edited by BigStar

10 minutes ago, placnx said:

The choice of Fox News would lead to questions tailored to Trump's diatribes.

Nonsense, just as it didn't last time Fox moderated.

11 minutes ago, placnx said:

His lies need real time fact checking (as I proposed in an earlier response).

Actually Kamala's do. But so-called "fact checking" turns out to be just political argument, so pointless. Let people judge for themselves.

43 minutes ago, Tug said:

Joe Biden realized this and in a brilliant master stroke passed the torch to an able proponent of democracy with the campaign machine intact

Delusional. Forced out, suddenly, undemocratically, by Pelosi, Obama, Schumer, donors, etc. Possibly threatened w/ the 25th Amendment. DNC undemocratically installed Harris w/o a primary debate or election. Nor is Harris a proponent of democracy, open to the idea of abolishing the Electoral College, and a supporter of gov't by Executive Orders. A creature of the machine, quite true.

Nor are people tired of Trump, but he was mostly in the lead until the honeymoon, and still does well in swing states. That's cause people are tired of the bad economy, open borders, crime, DEI, and perpetual warfare under Biden and soon Biden 2.0. 

I lead the topic to your usual rantings.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, BigStar said:

Delusional. Forced out, suddenly, undemocratically, by Pelosi, Obama, Schumer, donors, etc. Possibly threatened w/ the 25th Amendment. DNC undemocratically installed Harris w/o a primary debate or election. Nor is Harris a proponent of democracy, open to the idea of abolishing the Electoral College, and a supporter of gov't by Executive Orders. A creature of the machine, quite true.

Nor are people tired of Trump, but he was mostly in the lead until the honeymoon, and still does well in swing states. That's cause people are tired of the bad economy, open borders, crime, DEI, and perpetual warfare under Biden and soon Biden 2.0. 

I lead the topic to your usual rantings.

It's changing in swing States, too.

https://www.racetothewh.com/president/polls#google_vignette

Screenshot_20240807_201716_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Roo Island said:

Absolutely bs. Why waste your time debating a habitual liar. She's in the lead anyway. Just cruise to victory.

In the lead? And just where are you getting that information from? What is the propaganda source? 5-5…5

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, BigStar said:

I've already had the "my poll's better'n your poll" discussion and won't be going there again.

Polls are skewed and flawed whether for or against. It a fractioning game perpetrated by the media and politicians on either side. It’s quite comical watching folks getting jerked around and led by all the noise.

• Agree 2