Loud motorbike noise terror in Pattaya

Steven55

Not a fan of loud MB, MC, any vehicle (no longer a youngin'), but will admit, for idiots that don't know how to pay attention while driving or crossing the street, they probably do save lives.

Being heard is a plus, and airheads are lucking they are used.

Along with spooking the hell out of me when they blow by, when I'm not paying attention.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Not a fan of loud MB, MC, any vehicle (no longer a youngin'), but will admit, for idiots that don't know how to pay attention while driving or crossing the street, they probably do save lives.

Along with spooking the hell out of me when they blow by, when I'm not paying attention.

I am not a native speaker English, but are you saying an advantage of extreme loud motorbikes is that you can hear them coming? Then, with all respect, you forget that those extreme loud motorbikes 'overrule' the noise of normal motorbikes, which then you might not hear coming.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

World population has more than doubled since I was a kid, and privacy - both visual and audible - has become one of the dearest luxuries. I think you will find earplugs a lot more effective than complaining :tongue:

54 minutes ago, rocketboy2 said:

Loud pipes = Micropenis.

Could be the case for a lot of them...
Unfortunately, I also see some ladies on loud motorbikes... (which probably belong to their BF)

• Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, KhunLA said:

If any of these knuckleheads actually cared about safety why do half of them not even wear a helmet?  Or if they do it's not much more than a salad bowl?

They do it because they think it's cool. Everyone else just thinks they are inconsiderate jerks.  We are talking about the bikes with illegal pipes btw.  Those are far louder than what is needed to be heard from a distance.  The legal ones are not nearly as bad.

Edited by shdmn
  • Agree 1

19 hours ago, KhunLA said:

Yeah, I get a sense I am deliberately being buzzed especially around Buakhao....

Edited by jacko45k
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 8/13/2024 at 9:23 PM, balo said:

Maybe move to a different location would help.  NaJomtien is not that bad. 

And let the bad people win? Come on!
Pls call 1337 or email saraban(at)pattaya.go.th

On 8/13/2024 at 10:52 AM, Will B Good said:

In some respects it worse out in the sticks

It is, without a doubt. I've asked my missus if she can go to the Amphur and ask for speed humps to be installed outside our house. We don't live in the likes of a built up area but there's gonna be someone killed soon. The police have lost all control.

14 hours ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

It is, without a doubt. I've asked my missus if she can go to the Amphur and ask for speed humps to be installed outside our house. We don't live in the likes of a built up area but there's gonna be someone killed soon. The police have lost all control.

Don't hold your breath.

Three kids killed in the last year on our 5 mile stretch between villages.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Will B Good said:

Don't hold your breath.

Even speed humps don't work here because the speed humps only cover half the round. So people swerve to the wrong side of the road at the last minute so they don't have to reduce speed. Another Thai safety innovation.

3 hours ago, Will B Good said:

Don't hold your breath.

• Sad 1

21 hours ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

Police lost all control??? They don't know the world 'control'. Police in Pattaya are not seriously doing their job.
Stand for one hour at a main crossing with traffic lights, and you will notice 50-100 traffic violations - and this is WITHOUT counting those motorbike riders not wearing a helmet! Nearly NEVER do I see any police there. And if there is one, then he is standing in the shadow or sitting in an air-con police box. A policeman seems to be willing to do something ONLY when his boss orders him. I have seen a policeman on a motorbike, waiting for red light. Other motorbikes passed him and waited on the pedestrian crossover in front of him.... he didn't say/do anything !!! I bet in any Western country, all of these traffic violators would have been fined.

12 hours ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

The police get 95% of all fines issued. So I really don't understand as to why they don't use that to line their pockets legally.

Yes, I have thought that watching the many road users breaking the laws, and likewise wondered why they aren't all over this potential and lucrative source. Then I thought ... but these are all locals, they don't get anything out of them, and the more lucrative tourists are to be had on the Beach Rd....

3 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Yes, I have thought that watching the many road users breaking the laws, and likewise wondered why they aren't all over this potential and lucrative source.

Out in the villages the police live within the community. It goes against the grain to upset the apple cart. So all's good.

On 8/13/2024 at 4:52 AM, Will B Good said:

In some respects it worse out in the sticks.......you can hear them coming from miles away.....kids as young as 10, heads down, chin on the handlebars.........flat out..... trying to break the 25 mph barrier.

kids in Thailand look much younger than they are...Those you see are probably aged 12 or 13.

Just now, p414 said:

kids in Thailand look much younger than they are...Those you see are probably aged 12 or 13.

I see kids who look 'as young' as eight, with kids on the back who look 'as young' as four or five.....not unusual were we live.....no one walks anywhere.

• Like 1

On 8/13/2024 at 11:40 AM, Steven55 said:

Then, with all respect, you forget that those extreme loud motorbikes 'overrule' the noise of normal motorbikes, which then you might not hear coming.

This actually requires riding with caution, or did you miss that somewhere along the line?

On 8/7/2024 at 11:45 AM, Steven55 said:

HI all,

More and more way too loud small motorbikes and big motorbikes in Pattaya and Jomtien. I think several 1000's.
The noise is overwhelming, annoying. Silencers have been taken out of the exhaust pipes, or special, modified exhaust pipes have been installed.
Mostly Thais, but also foreigners. It looks like a competition "who can produce the loudest noise".
Even a few extremely loud cars around. Police doesn't seem to care.

May I suggest we (anyone who agrees this is unpleasant and actually crazy behavior) complain via telephone at City Hall 1337 or email saraban[at]pattaya.go.th .

Thanks!
Best wishes,
Steven

Motorbikes are nature's way of ridding the gene pool of too many idiots. 

• Love It 1