Toxins

9 hours ago, 1FinickyOne said:

I wonder if it is the toxins in the air or water that is making people crazier, stupider, more aggressive and sicker...

I recently learned that plastic water bottles are the reason for expiration dates on water... 

People have been putting lead in Cinnamon to increase the weight which is put in children's food and is causing some brain damage. 

What else?

Has corporate greed gone too far? Are we wiping out our own species? 

Society is 99% of people on phones. Culture is disappearing. We need culture.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

People being crazier, more stupid or more aggressive has very little to do with involuntary ingestion of minuscule amounts of toxins.

It has everything to do with voluntary imbibing of large quantities of alcohol, then going on and reading social media.

I am always amused by the anti-vaxxers that won't have jabs once a year of 0.5 mL volume because their bodies are temples, while drinking litres of ethanol which has been declared a Class 1 carcinogen since 1989.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Love It 1

Yep, the whole world has far more toxins and poisons than ever before. These accumulate in our body. I don't think we're anywhere having a solid understanding of where this will lead and what the consequences will be.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mstevens said:

Yep, the whole world has far more toxins and poisons than ever before. These accumulate in our body. I don't think we're anywhere having a solid understanding of where this will lead and what the consequences will be.

It may lead to a greater incidence of cancers. However, these usually occur later in life, after parenthood.

Toxins and poisons are most likely to accumulate in body fat, particularly anything with an organo-chlorine component.

In other words, stay skinny.

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

25 minutes ago, StreetCowboy said:

People are more placid, accommodating and peaceful than ever before.  

Yeah, could be.

In the Bible, Moses had to make up BS about God saying "thou shalt not kill" and the religions had to invent HELL to scare people into acting straight.

Because people were barbaric even back then.

And I don't think it had anything to do with toxins or mobile phones. 

7 minutes ago, save the frogs said:

Because people were barbaric even back then.

more so right. i'm sure way back relationships between men and women are a far cry from the civility of today. 

13 hours ago, stoner said:

more so right. i'm sure way back relationships between men and women are a far cry from the civility of today. 

There does seem to be a disconnect between civility in person, and civility on social media.

I have just had an extremely defamatory post directed at me. I doubt the same discourtesy would occur in person.

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1