Today at 7/11.....

22 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

Wouldn't waste the gas ! I just get them to deliver it, then it's all paid and sorted and no need to go there. 😀

Some items are actually cheaper if bought online than in the shop too !

but you have to download the Memu app for 7-11 right  ?

55 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

And I read that they are ready & able to help poor people to register for their Bht 10,000 !

For whoever put the Confused emoji

Registration can be done within an app called Tang Rat, using a national ID card and facial recognition for identity verification. Alternatively, users have the option to verify their identity through several other methods, including service counters at 7-Eleven stores

Copied from the other thread about the scheme.

Edited by KannikaP
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Lacessit said:

I went to 7/11 today from the village to pick up lunch. OK, I slum it occasionally.

I bought about half a dozen items, took them to the cash register. The young girl behind the counter put the double pork burger and cheese aside to be microwaved.

She scanned the items, and gave me my change. I pointed out she had not scanned the burger, or charged me for it.

It was if I had offended her, or caused her to lose face. No smile, no thank you after I had rectified an error which might have got her pay docked at the end of the day.

I still fail sometimes to understand Thai people.

I use, like most of us on here, 7-11 at times but I always have a joke with the employees which they seem to appreciate and it gets me good service.

• Agree 2

2 hours ago, Lacessit said:

It was if I had offended her, or caused her to lose face. No smile, no thank you after I had rectified an error which might have got her pay docked at the end of the day.

I fail to understand some AseanNow people who start a thread about not getting a smile from a 7-11 assistant.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Lacessit said:

I went to 7/11 today from the village to pick up lunch. OK, I slum it occasionally.

I bought about half a dozen items, took them to the cash register. The young girl behind the counter put the double pork burger and cheese aside to be microwaved.

She scanned the items, and gave me my change. I pointed out she had not scanned the burger, or charged me for it.

Maybe she had a fight with her husband recently or so.
A 7-11 lady in Surat Thani gave me extra 500 baht of change. I returned to the store and returned the 500baht. The lady was really happy and grateful.

• Like 1

Just now, susanlea said:
2 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Why do I have to explain how I know?

Because your post makes no sense. The till balances if product wasnt scanned. No money missing.

How so?(!) Was there no missing stock?!

1 hour ago, bob smith said:

ahhh, so you are the resident grass!

got it.

bob.

It's actually a miracle you've survived. I must have a masochistic streak.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, ChipButty said:

Are all the products not Tagged? if you were to walk out with something that has not been scanned might set an alarm off, It does in Tops bye the way, 

I rarely go into 7eleven these days

My gf was shopping, it was beer o'clock, I saw these external transponders, 7eleven, cnr Honey and 2nd road, opposite side to central yesterday.

Not sure if all stores have them but I reckon good idea. 

Seemed to be a lot of Indians in the area, maybe the reason. 

IMG_20240809_133739.jpg

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, CharlieH said:

Wouldn't waste the gas ! I just get them to deliver it, then it's all paid and sorted and no need to go there. 😀

Some items are actually cheaper if bought online than in the shop too !

I enjoy the ride on the scooter going back and forth between the village and 7/11, good roads, about 5 km each way. Safe riding, comparative to in town.

i have my simple pleasures.

• Thumbs Up 1

29 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

I fail to understand some AseanNow people who start a thread about not getting a smile from a 7-11 assistant.

What thread would you like me to start, just to satisfy you?