selling car in different province

I am traveling to bangkok to sell a car and will stay in a hotel there so new tm30. The car is registered in chiang mai. When i fill out the forms to sell the car , do I put the chiang mai address or my bangkok hotel address?

Don't know which address you have to put on the forms, but in order to transfer vehicle ownership outside the province where the vehicle is registered you'll have to change the plates to the other province first (in your case you'll have to register the car in Bangkok first and only then transfer to the new owner)

2 hours ago, LukKrueng said:

Don't know which address you have to put on the forms, but in order to transfer vehicle ownership outside the province where the vehicle is registered you'll have to change the plates to the other province first (in your case you'll have to register the car in Bangkok first and only then transfer to the new owner)

I didn't have to do that.  I drove my MX5 registered in CM (with CM plates) to Jomtien & a fellow there bought it & drove it back to Bangkok to put it in his name there.  He never reported any problems back to me.

1 minute ago, OneZero said:

I didn't have to do that.  I drove my MX5 registered in CM (with CM plates) to Jomtien & a fellow there bought it & drove it back to Bangkok to put it in his name there.  He never reported any problems back to me.

a car from another province will need to have new local reg number issued, doesn'y matter who does it the buyer or the seller

11 minutes ago, steve187 said:

a car from another province will need to have new local reg number issued, doesn'y matter who does it the buyer or the seller

Not really necessary. Some month ago I bought a new Car and Dealership asked me if I like to get a Bangkok Registration Plate ( seems to be a lot of people like it) or one of my home province. So nobody really is taking care for.

Have sold my old Car to Prachin Buri, he still is using the old one from Chon Buri while I'm living for years in Prachuap already.

8 hours ago, UWEB said:

Not really necessary. Some month ago I bought a new Car and Dealership asked me if I like to get a Bangkok Registration Plate ( seems to be a lot of people like it) or one of my home province. So nobody really is taking care for.

Have sold my old Car to Prachin Buri, he still is using the old one from Chon Buri while I'm living for years in Prachuap already.

i should of added legally to the post

new cars are different to change of ownership

so prachin buri man has not registered the vehicle in his name