Donald Trump’s speech during Musk interview sparks health concerns

13 hours ago, luckymitchell said:

Ahh, so you'd rather buy cheap Chinese products than USA made. Because you want cheap, so you don't care for us workers losing their jobs to Chinese imports?

Seriously? You would rather pay more for poorly made American goods because your unionised workforce is uncompetitive? Go you, yay!!

I thought the USA was all about capitalism, no? Let the market decide. Personally I would rather get value for money and I don't care where it comes from. Why do you want to pay more for American goods? Weird.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, josephbloggs said:

Seriously? You would rather pay more for poorly made American goods because your unionised workforce is uncompetitive? Go you, yay!!

I thought the USA was all about capitalism, no? Let the market decide. Personally I would rather get value for money and I don't care where it comes from. Why do you want to pay more for American goods? Weird.

Trump wants a 10% tariff on Chinese goods. Where are you on that?

1 minute ago, Danderman123 said:

Trump wants a 10% tariff on Chinese goods. Where are you on that?

I'm against protectionism, especially when based on blind fear, ignorance and racism. As I said before you would rather pay more for inferior American goods?

16 minutes ago, josephbloggs said:

I'm against protectionism, especially when based on blind fear, ignorance and racism. As I said before you would rather pay more for inferior American goods?

Trump wants a 10% tariff on Chinese goods. Do you support Trump?

Posts using derogatory and toxic nicknames or intentional misspelling of people’s names will be removed. If you don’t want your post to be removed, spell people’s names correctly, this applies to both sides of the political debate.

11 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Trump wants a 10% tariff on Chinese goods. Do you support Trump?

Eh, what are you talking about? I said I am against protectionism. Placing a tariff on imports is protectionism, rewarding inefficiency and forcing the consumer to buy inferior products or pay more than they should for better ones.

And I am as far removed from being a Trump supporter as it is possible to be.

Got it now, or do you want to ask me the same question a third time?

3 minutes ago, josephbloggs said:

Eh, what are you talking about? I said I am against protectionism. Placing a tariff on imports is protectionism, rewarding inefficiency and forcing the consumer to buy inferior products or pay more than they should for better ones.

Japanese products are a lot better than Chinese. Tariffs on Chinese products will increase the prices on inferior goods. I don't mind small 1 to 5% tariffs. I don't support high tariffs. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, josephbloggs said:

You have to excuse him, his whole world revolves around hating Trump and making things up.

• Thanks 1

On 8/17/2024 at 3:42 PM, josephbloggs said:

If Trump wins, you are going to get a 10% tariff on imported Chinese goods.

Republicans used to be against tariffs.

Edited by Danderman123
  • Like 1

On 8/17/2024 at 4:13 PM, josephbloggs said:

Trump is the candidate who wants tariffs.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

If Trump wins, you are going to get a 10% tariff on imported Chinese goods.

Republicans used to be against tariffs.

As in my post below, I am against tariffs and against Trump. I also won't be affected by anything as I am not American, I can't vote, I don't pay tax there, I don't buy vehicles there. So I am not going to "get" anything.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, josephbloggs said:

Very well done, he's a great speaker, and perfect comedy timing.

He is nothing if not a great orator. 

The damage he caused (and continues to cause) to the United States and the World is immeasurable. 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

21 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

The damage he caused (and continues to cause) to the United States and the World is immeasurable. 

Go on then, I am dying to hear this. What "immeasurable" damage has he done to the world and what damage is he continuing to do to it today, seven and a half years after he left office? This is going to be good....

Not just damage, but "immeasurable damage" to the world. Do tell.

Did Trump do any damage?

Edited by josephbloggs
  • Like 1

Go on then, I am dying to hear this. What "immeasurable" damage has he done to the world and what damage is he continuing to do to it today, seven and a half years after he left office? This is going to be good....

Not just damage, but "immeasurable damage" to the world. Do tell.

To what end? 

Did Trump do any damage?

Yes, Trump did some damage, but nothing close to what Obama did. 

The left has been in power for the last 12 out of 16 years, and at their convention, all they can do is go on and on about how terrible things are, and how they're going to make things right if you just reelect them.

They are in office now. 

Kamala promised to: 

Raise corporate taxes to 28%, which every non-moron knows comes out of consumer's pockets. 

Raise capital gains taxes to 44.6%, which will stifle the economy.

Initiate 25% tax on unrealized capital gains, taxing the money you have not made yet. 

$25K for first time home buyers, which will only drive of the cost

Free medical for illegals 

Amnesty & citizenship for all the illegals already in the country. 

Etc. 

8 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

To what end? 

Yes, Trump did some damage, but nothing close to what Obama did. 

The left has been in power for the last 12 out of 16 years, and at their convention, all they can do is go on and on about how terrible things are, and how they're going to make things right if you just reelect them.

They are in office now. 

Kamala promised to: 

Raise corporate taxes to 28%, which every non-moron knows comes out of consumer's pockets. 

But non-morons know differently

Look at the corporate tax rates when Americans real income was rapidly on the rise:

image.png.02082623b0e0620a099408d121eee94e.png

https://tradingeconomics.com/united-states/corporate-tax-rate

According to you, from 1941 to 2017, Americans were suffering from the high taxes on corporations.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

13 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

left has been in power for the last 12 out of 16 years, and at their convention, all they can do is go on and on about how terrible things are, and how they're going to make things right if you just reelect them.

So true. All Trump's fault :cheesy:

Trump had low inflation and low unemployment. 

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, placeholder said:

But non-morons know differently

Look at the corporate tax rates when Americans real income was rapidly on the rise:

image.png.02082623b0e0620a099408d121eee94e.png

https://tradingeconomics.com/united-states/corporate-tax-rate

According to you, from 1941 to 2017, Americans were suffering from the high taxes on corporations.

1970s and 1980s saw high inflation

How ignorant