Bus Accident on Bangkok-Pattaya Route Leaves 5 Injured

Georgealbert

IMG_4525.jpeg

Picture from responders

On the afternoon of August 17 a passenger bus traveling from Bangkok to Pattaya was involved in a rear-end collision with a trailer truck on the Motorway 7, at kilometre marker point 77.

The scheduled bus service, was in the Pattaya bound lane, when it hit the back of the container trailer truck, it is not yet known if the truck was stop on the side of the motorway or was just slow moving, and pulled over after the accident.

Reports confirm that five people sustained injuries in the accident, and were transported to hospital, the remaining passengers continued their journey, after another bus was arranged to collect them.

Authorities are still investigating the incident.

news-logo-btm.jpg

-- 2024-08-17

Cigna offers a variety of health insurance plans designed to meet the minimum requirement for medical treatment coverage, with benefits reaching up to THB 3 million. These plans are tailored to provide comprehensive healthcare solutions for expatriates, ensuring peace of mind and access to quality medical services. To explore the full range of Cigna's expat health insurance options and find a plan that suits your needs, click here for more information.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

IMG_4526.jpeg

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, watchcat said:

it should be very hard to miss this object?

Exactly, but they do have an amazing knack for rear ending vehicles, blame it on the brakes or micro sleep, anything to save face.

• Agree 2

Due to the exponential number of idiotic and dangerous male drivers I have encountered, I tend not to allow Thai men to drive me anywhere. 

I even use a woman driver taxi service to the airport and around Thailand if necessary. 

Unfortunately, if I use Bolt or Grab locally, and for short trips, it cannot always be avoided.

The last Bolt I got in Pattaya was a Thai man with a beat-up old Toyota from the 90's who appeared to be high on drugs and kept talking to himself. 

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, daveAustin said:

Nodded off? Some of them bus drivers are nuts mind. Was on the airport bus recently, absolutely rammed, and she was flat out, all over the shop and real heavy on the brakes.

Bloody right, truck drivers too.  No respect or consideration  for other and smaller road users. 

• Agree 2

14 hours ago, Georgealbert said:

Authorities are still investigating the incident.

This is code for police.  I travel this route three times a year & have done so for nearly 19 years. The round trip is 292 kilometres = 16,644.  I have seen ONE police car in that time; so momentous was this occasion that Google Maps warned me of their presence so I could record it for posterity.

• Love It 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

That doesn't look like the North Pattaya Bus station bus which goes to/from Ekamai or Mochit

Hard to tell from the front view but it looks like it might be one of the mini-buses running the fairly new Jomtien-Bangkok route. Some also run from S. Pattaya Rd to Bangkok, not stopping in Jomtien.

I've taken it once each way: Jomtien-Bangkok and both times the drivers were pretty smooth, not speeding or changing lanes often.

Edited by dddave

1 hour ago, dddave said:

Hard to tell from the front view but it looks like it might be one of the mini-buses running the fairly new Jomtien-Bangkok route.

At least very likely a "24 seater minibus" like this (photo from bus rental company)

if you compare the front lights, 4 yellow lights? on top, mirrors etc.

24seater.jpg

Edited by KhunBENQ

12 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

At least very likely a "24 seater minibus" like this (photo from bus rental company)

if you compare the front lights, 4 yellow lights? on top, mirrors etc.

24seater.jpg

Yes think you are correct, found another image of the crash scene. I have covered the company details.

IMG_4569.jpeg

YUTONG ZK6729?? (not readable), "24" passengers?

A whole series of mini buses from a Chinese manufacturer.

The NGV variant in the picture seems quite specific for Thailand.

Edited by KhunBENQ

5 hours ago, mikebell said:

This is code for police.  I travel this route three times a year & have done so for nearly 19 years. The round trip is 292 kilometres = 16,644.  I have seen ONE police car in that time; so momentous was this occasion that Google Maps warned me of their presence so I could record it for posterity.

I see highway police cars literally every single time I drive on the 7.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, josephbloggs said:

I see highway police cars literally every single time I drive on the 7.

I drive the 7 daily... work commute total 160km round trip.

I also see plenty of police cars, often they have a vehicle pulled over.

Also see police motorbikes occasionally as well.

• Like 1

On 8/18/2024 at 6:32 AM, jacko45k said:

Bloody right, truck drivers too.  No respect or consideration  for other and smaller road users. 

Its the law of the jungle, from buses and trucks to cars. From cars to motor cycles and from all the previous mentioned to pedestrians

19 hours ago, Ralf001 said:

I drive the 7 daily... work commute total 160km round trip.

I also see plenty of police cars, often they have a vehicle pulled over.

Also see police motorbikes occasionally as well.

I'm up and down to Bangkok a couple of times a week, can see 2/3 everyday.