Thaksin Shinawatra Faces Legal Trouble for Political Interference

40 minutes ago, Bert got kinky said:

Thai politics will never be the same

The same as what?

I have been here over 2 decades and Thai Politics has never been the same, it changes to suit the needs of the current leaders, coup plotter, de facto boss or whoever's turn it is at the trough.

don't get your knickers in a twist, its just a "saying"

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, tubber said:

I don't know why they don't just go back to being an absolute monarchy. It hasn't gone well since 1932. This whole sham democracy just makes the country look like a Banana Republic.

I could name one good reason!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, BayArea said:

Well that didn't take long. Pati's first order of business will be clearing the good name of her beloved father. 😂

And she is under pressure regarding her participation in the illegal purchase of minastic land.

16 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:

Then how come I have seen postmen and tourist touts in Bangkok wearing such outfits?

Thais Love uniforms.

Sure there's rules but in Thailand there's no enforcement.

Simple example, years back when the Immigration Bureau was at Soi Suan Phlu a Thai lady had a shop opposite the bureau selling:

- all police uniforms

- all insignia 

- all caps / hats / m.cycle helmets

- all shoes / boots etc.

- everything anybody needed to 100% impersonate a police officer.

The customers - anybody who walked into the shop, no controls at all.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Thingamabob said:

And she is under pressure regarding her participation in the illegal purchase of minastic land.

"her participation"  wonder how she took part she was 16 at the time of this scandal  all this rubbish is being drag up by the red shirt japuron 

• Confused 2

1 hour ago, Scouse123 said:

The guy is a menace and a megalomaniac.

He never keeps his word and is lower than pond life.

He just cannot stop interfering in politics. Furthermore, he is protected.

Thailand IS to all intents and purposes a banana republic.

A convicted criminal returns from abroad and doesn't spend one day in jail and leads the whole country on a merry go around with tales of mystery illnesses, which as soon as he was released, disappeared.

On corruption charges, he tried to bribe the judiciary with 2 million baht, (the chocolates scam) He then convinces Srettha to employ the lawyer of Thaksin, who was embroiled in this charade, to enter the Cabinet, then through the back door, report Srettha to the Ethics committee, knowing he will be thrown out as PM.

He now installs his daughter as the new PM, who is just another inexperienced airhead, whose only work experience is working in her father's hotel group.

Military Generals slapping reporters in public.

They disbanded the most popular party in the last elections, which won by a mile, the Move Forward party, because some dinosaurs didn't want progress or Thailand pushing towards real democracy and reform.

If all else fails, have a military coup, and when you do hand it back to the pretence of civilian government, make sure the high echelons of power are stacked with Generals and former generals, to ensure you keep a grip on power.

Allow cronyism in government, organise private meetings at an ex prime minister's house, who was not allowed to partake in politics as he had not finished his jail sentence and still remains a convicted felon, regardless of any Royal Pardon.

They ban the former leader of the Move Forward party for 10 years from politics on the flimsiest of excuses, and a convicted felon is dabbling in politics from jail.

Then allow people who are convicted drug smugglers with convictions in Australia to partake in government at the highest level, stating they hadn't committed the crime in Thailand.

If that isn't the behaviour of a Banana Republic, I don't know what is.

Very well thought out and written.

One of the best posts that I have seen on here and it hits the nail on the head.

You could also have mentioned that the returning criminal in question also ordered a Banana Republic style extra judicial killing (murdering) spree, in order to tighten his grasp on power but I suppose that if you included all, you would still be typing by the time that his great grandson takes his turn at the trough.

Edited by Bert got kinky
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

25 minutes ago, Bert got kinky said:

Very well thought out and written.

One of the best posts that I have seen on here and it hits the nail on the head.

You could also have mentioned that the returning criminal in question also ordered a Banana Republic style extra judicial killing (murdering) spree, in order to tighten his grasp on power but I suppose that if you included all, you would still be typing by the time that his great grandson takes his turn at the trough.

If you think this was well thought out and written i pity you,  it was full of opinions, misinformation and un substantiated facts

1   "On corruption charges", it was NOT Thaskin who tried to bribe a judge but his lawyer no proof he was under orders from Thaskin 

2 "convinces Srettha to employ the lawyer"  no proof this is an opinion

3 "report Srettha to the Ethics committee," again no proof  this is a guess at best

4 "He now installs his daughter as the new PM"  she was elected by MPs  no proof thaskin had anything to do with this 

5 "If all else fails, have a military coup" no evidence of a coup

6 "a convicted felon is dabbling in politics from jail." Thaskin is Not in jail

Edited by MikeandDow
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 3
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Bert got kinky said:

On corruption charges", it was NOT Thaskin who tried to bribe a judge but his lawyer no proof he was under orders from Thaskin 

Who mentioned Thaksin?

Doesn't matter who carried the chocolate box, it was under his orders.

On points 2, 3, & 4:

How very naive of you.

Do you want to buy a bridge?

"If all else fails, have a military coup" no evidence of a coup

Are you seriously suggesting that this never happened???

I have seen 2 coups in my short time here and as Scouse stated, these were staged when all else failed.

"a convicted felon is dabbling in politics from jail." Thaskin is Not in jail

You are correct on this, how very pedantic of you.

However, we was under arrest (of sorts), while dabbling in politics to such an extent that his actions changed the course of Thai history.

I stand by what I said about Scouse's post.

If you suffer from post-envy, that's your problem.

Think you may have low standards if you think it was a good post

• Confused 1
  • Sad 3
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Bert got kinky said:

Now whose knickers are in a twist?

If you don't like the post, don't vote for it.

Simples.

only thing i can say is go to an anger management class you have a lot of hate there

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, MikeandDow said:

only thing i can say is go to an anger management class you have a lot of hate there

I wasn't the one ranting and foaming at the mouth over someone else's post.  :crazy:

Edited by Bert got kinky

Serial petitioner Sonthiya Sawasdee claims that Thaksin, who was sentenced to a prison term for corruption, was also stripped of his police rank.

“It seems to me that Thaksin has no right to wear the white official uniform, usually worn by government officials at official functions,” he said.

According to the Royal Gazette, Thaksin was stripped of his police rank on September 8th, 2015 and had his royal decorations withdrawn on March 30th, 2016, because he was convicted of corruption by the Supreme Court’s Criminal Division for Political Office Holders. 

Moreover, he attempted to escape punishment by fleeing the country.

According to PM Office regulations, concerning political appointees, officials sentenced to a prison term are no longer permitted to wear the official uniform.

here we go !!!!!!

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, MikeandDow said:

We have an Ostrich on the beach with its head buried in the sand.

4 hours ago, MikeandDow said:

If you think this was well thought out and written i pity you,  it was full of opinions, misinformation and un substantiated facts

1   "On corruption charges", it was NOT Thaskin who tried to bribe a judge but his lawyer no proof he was under orders from Thaskin 

2 "convinces Srettha to employ the lawyer"  no proof this is an opinion

3 "report Srettha to the Ethics committee," again no proof  this is a guess at best

4 "He now installs his daughter as the new PM"  she was elected by MPs  no proof thaskin had anything to do with this 

5 "If all else fails, have a military coup" no evidence of a coup

6 "a convicted felon is dabbling in politics from jail." Thaskin is Not in jail

1. So you think the lawyer did this by himself?

When Thaksin said at the time, that they had taken the wrong box out of the car, he was supposed to have handed over chocolates. His words. So, of course, it was under orders from Thaksin.

2. Why would Sretta employ Thaksin's family lawyer after meeting Thaksin unless he was prompted / bullied into doing so?

3. It seems very strange that all of a sudden, very quickly after engaging Thaksin's family lawyer, he is reported to the Ethics committee. Yes, a guess, but an educated one.

4. Naive of you to say the least, that after a meeting at Thaksin's residence, attended by Anuntin and other high-flyers in the coalition, that it was agreed to support Thaksin's daughter to become PM. And off they went to tell their party members how to vote.

5. Make no mistake, and he is already receiving warnings from military members, that part of the agreement was that he returned to Thailand to spend time with his grandchildren and stay out of politics. His daughter is now going to extreme lengths to state he has no government position, and merely wishes to give her the benefit of his experience and fatherly advice.

Nobody is swallowing this garbage. They know him and his sneaky, corrupt ways. The guy can't lie straight in bed. If he continues on this path, the military will react, as they have done against two previous Shinawatra led governments.

6. Thaksin isn't in jail, he never was, that is why he was in a private wing at the Police hospital and getting regular visits from government members, just like he did in Dubai and Singapore.

You must be one of the most naive posters on this board, or blind not to be seeing this, he hasn't really made a concerted effort to hide it.

Footnote:

"The Shinawatras' gambit here is risky," said Nattabhorn Buamahakul, Managing Partner at government affairs consultancy, Vero Advocacy.

"It puts Thaksin's daughter in the crosshairs and a vulnerable position."

Tiitipol Phaddeewanich, a political scientist at Ubon Ratchathani University, believes this development is "a big bet for Thaksin".

"There is a possibility for her (Paetongtarn) to fail and that is a big risk for the entire Shinawatra dynasty," he said.

"If she can't bring the economy back and bring the party back then it could be the end because the People's Party is gaining more momentum after their dissolution."

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MikeandDow said:

Serial petitioner Sonthiya Sawasdee claims that Thaksin, who was sentenced to a prison term for corruption, was also stripped of his police rank.

“It seems to me that Thaksin has no right to wear the white official uniform, usually worn by government officials at official functions,” he said.

According to the Royal Gazette, Thaksin was stripped of his police rank on September 8th, 2015 and had his royal decorations withdrawn on March 30th, 2016, because he was convicted of corruption by the Supreme Court’s Criminal Division for Political Office Holders. 

Moreover, he attempted to escape punishment by fleeing the country.

According to PM Office regulations, concerning political appointees, officials sentenced to a prison term are no longer permitted to wear the official uniform.

here we go !!!!!!

He also holds no political rank or position, so should not be wearing the white uniform.

• Agree 1