Paetongtarn Reaffirms Digital Wallet Commitment Amid Cancellation Rumours

8 hours ago, webfact said:

"My father is not seeking any political position."

Putting it like this makes it as if he has a choice...

Be specific in your statement, Prime Minister: "My father has been convicted as a criminal by a Thai court and therefore may not hold any political position according to Thai law."

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, klauskunkel said:

Putting it like this makes it as if he has a choice...

Be specific in your statement, Prime Minister: "My father has been convicted as a criminal by a Thai court and therefore may not hold any political position according to Thai law."

what has this got to do with the current topic Paetongtarn Reaffirms Digital Wallet Commitment Amid Cancellation Rumours

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, MikeandDow said:

what has this got to do with the current topic Paetongtarn Reaffirms Digital Wallet Commitment Amid Cancellation Rumours

It is Paetongtarn's statement in the article under the current topic...

You might have seen it, if you had read it.

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, webfact said:

modernising our financial infrastructure

= installing a social-credit type financial-system, to control people via the ability to control and even "turn off" individual's ability to spend money, at the whims of a ruling elite.

The 10K Baht is the cheese to lure the mice into the trap - to convince people to install their own chains. 

10 hours ago, webfact said:

Paetongtarn directly addressed speculation that former Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra had a hand in halting the project.

She categorically denied any such interference

Wasn't it reported that her father met with the other party's guy on the golf course, and traded not re-classifying cannabis as a "narcotic," for the other party's support for the "Digital Wallet"?  

It seems he always supported it - though I stand to be corrected, if he has ever stated otherwise.

• Thanks 1

As I stated previously ditching this program would be political suicide. By following through with it after the media played up that it was being reconsidered will make her a political superstar. Not sure if this was by design but it will have a very positive effect on her image. Especially the standing up against Papa angle.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, pegman said:

As I stated previously ditching this program would be political suicide. By following through with it after the media played up that it was being reconsidered will make her a political superstar. Not sure if this was by design but it will have a very positive effect on her image. Especially the standing up against Papa angle.

Indeed... especially if a 'new person' now profits from the 'funding' of this 'new'... 'revamped' digital wallet scheme...   And who better than to draw in the those 'willing' to donate than the puppeteer himself... 

Once the Auntie's are home... 

...  the only thing I find tricky to predict is what policy are they going to use to vote buy in their next set of elections ?...

How to make people forget about  - new car scheme, rice scheme, iPad for every school child, and of course, this Digitial wallet which.... 'mark my words' will become so difficult to actually use only very few will benefit... 

i.e.  Sure... everyone gets a digital 10,000 baht... But it will only work though an app which has to be purchased and usage is taxed at 20% with an over-draft facility with interest at the highest legal rates...  winner winner... 

Edited by richard_smith237

17 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

Yeah, how she looks in a photo, is very relevant to the news and Thai politics.

Of course it´s a set-up! History tell a lot of times when Thaksin was giving away money to the people. Then it was mostly poor farmers, and now it will be other groups as well. Why would he not stand behind his old ideal.

I think it was a curve  ball to make her look strong 

Good looks, money and no qualifications....other than Daddy as a former PM. (?)

I can think of another country with an equally qualified person in the drivers-seat - Canada with  Justin Trudeau...been working out well for them the past 11yrs 😉

• Confused 1