Mixed kid living in Thailand.

She wants to make our kid thai, is it possible for the mother to do that from Thailand?

I dont want to help her in any way at all, because we dont agree at all.

Will thai gov accept her request if she chose to give proof with DNA evidense?

Anyone who know lots about this?

Edited by kneebendingfools
  • Confused 9

38 minutes ago, kneebendingfools said:

She wants to make our kid thai, is it possible for the mother to do that from Thailand?

So the kid is half Thai  and half 'you'. Why shouldn't it's mother want it to be with her in Thailand?

Or do you want it to live with you in your country?

1 hour ago, KannikaP said:

So the kid is half Thai  and half 'you'. Why shouldn't it's mother want it to be with her in Thailand?

Or do you want it to live with you in your country?

Yes, and citizen in the fathers country but not in Thailand, the question is can she make our kid thai without my help or agreement?

• Confused 3

47 minutes ago, Callmeishmael said:

You might get better advice if you provide some more information. 

Where was the child born?  (what country?)

Were you legally married to the child's mother when it was born?  (in Thailand that makes a difference)

How old is the child?

What is the child's current nationality?

Who currently has legal custody of the child?

What country does the child live in now?

All of these will affect the possible answers to your question.

Also, Thailand has many dual national citizens.  Unless your country does not allow dual citizenship, adding Thai citizenship shouldn't affect the child's current citizenship and may prove useful in the future.

Good point, thanks.

1. In Sweden

2. No

3. 3yo

4. swe

5. the father

6. swe

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

The only thing required is a birth certificate naming the Thai as mother.

nop, she tryed that already

Hospital mispelled her name and they requested the hospital to correct it, hospital asked for fathers agreement but he refused to agree so they wont change anything in that document. fv1 and fv2 was it called.

Edited by kneebendingfools

1 hour ago, kneebendingfools said:

Ofcourse it is, but is a dna proof enough for the thai gov to give him thai citizenship?

I think this issue is not for that gov but as an evidence for court appeal. 

obviously DNA matching has no legal value in Thailand, even if you bring papers from the University of Stockholm. 

However child is 100% thai be cause mother is thai. This is obvious.

Also, hospital's staff probably misunderstood that legally "there's no father" and they must correct BC. It is not "up to them" - some dumb nurse misspelled her name so they must correct it. 

• Agree 1

40 minutes ago, NativeBob said:

I think this issue is not for that gov but as an evidence for court appeal. 

obviously DNA matching has no legal value in Thailand, even if you bring papers from the University of Stockholm. 

However child is 100% thai be cause mother is thai. This is obvious.

Also, hospital's staff probably misunderstood that legally "there's no father" and they must correct BC. It is not "up to them" - some dumb nurse misspelled her name so they must correct it. 

Yes, I will never forget that nurse, she was complicated.

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, fredwiggy said:

If you want the child to have a better life, keep him in Sweden.

But if you want your child to have happy and healthy childhood >>> Siam is the only solution!

@fredwiggy I'm totally agree with your point about "DNA evidence", although documents issued [say] in Sweden won't have the legal status in Thailand. Somehow they must be verified and notarized internationally while Thailand didn't ratify certain convention. 

@kneebendingfools Won't be easier to start from "correct Birth Certificate"? Licensed DNA Lab might cost you $$$

Just now, NativeBob said:

But if you want your child to have happy and healthy childhood >>> Siam is the only solution!

@fredwiggy I'm totally agree with your point about "DNA evidence", although documents issued [say] in Sweden won't have the legal status in Thailand. Somehow they must be verified and notarized internationally while Thailand didn't ratify certain convention. 

@kneebendingfools Won't be easier to start from "correct Birth Certificate"? Licensed DNA Lab might cost you $$$

Thinking a child grows up happy here shows you don't realize just what goes on her as a child growing up. Just the fact alone that up to 70% of girls are molested here by the time they are 17 is enough for me to get my daughter the hell out of here as soon as I can. Watch the daily news for one month and you'll see how many wayward boys act, ganging up on others 5 againt one, armed with weapons. I won't even go into the driving dangers kids have here on scooters. Him staying in Sweden with his boy would be the best thing he could do for his future.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, kneebendingfools said:

Good point, thanks.

1. In Sweden

2. No

3. 3yo

4. swe

5. the father

6. swe

So how can a Thai woman take a Swedish child out of Sweden?

Will Swedish Immigration allow her to depart with a Swedish child?

She has to bring the child here (Thai) and enter the child in the Thai house register

It will require a Swedish birth certificate which states her name on it.

• Agree 2

57 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

Thinking a child grows up happy here shows you don't realize just what goes on her as a child growing up.

@fredwiggy my previous post was [obviously] sarcastic.

We all know that a kid growing in Thai education system has very low chances of building a significant carrier, but if the kid is "lu-kruang" -  almost abysmal. Sorry to say that but its true. 

And yes, he must stay with his father. No need to discuss. "Must" is the keyword. 

Even if its an African country - doesn't matter, father is most important.

PS: Thai citizenship is seriously over-rated by some foreigners. We can live just fine with our pathetic retirement visas, no need those Elite-Shmelite "Ok, you can stay here 5-10 years" nonsense.  

14 minutes ago, NativeBob said:

We all know that a kid growing in Thai education system has very low chances of building a significant carrier, but if the kid is "lu-kruang" -  almost abysmal. Sorry to say that but its true. 

Thailand  has Submarines, maybe it could do with air craft carriers , he could help build a carrier ?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, DrJoy said:

So how can a Thai woman take a Swedish child out of Sweden?

Will Swedish Immigration allow her to depart with a Swedish child?

She has to bring the child here (Thai) and enter the child in the Thai house register

It will require a Swedish birth certificate which states her name on it.

Sweden (unlike other countries) is very straight forward. There are piles of documents have to be filled, translated, legalized and naturized. Will have to start with correct birth certificate, translation and validation at Thai Consulate, Swedish MFA and helluva tasks.

In theory it is doable with assistance of proper lawyer ($$$), but (I think) it is Mission Impossible doing by her (mother's) own. sweds are very pedantically driven folks. "Alai-koday" doesn't work there.

PS: Even if she will fly to Sweden and pass that test at many private labs, those would render worthless as cell phone bills from AIS or DTAC. I've seen that with AU docs. Worthless.

PPS: nope, according to the law the kid is 100% thai, as it was born by thai mother "out of wedlock", but OP was super-lucky to turn it otherwise. Lucky to him and even more luck to his child. Hooray!

Edited by NativeBob

I don't think she has the power or determination to take on a Swedish father when the boy resides in Sweden and has a Swedish passport.

@kneebendingfools can simply be difficult and refuse to assist. He has custody of the child, the woman is facing an uphill battle.

Is she trying to get money from you? Is that what this is about? And is she using the child as leverage?

• Agree 1

18 hours ago, kneebendingfools said:

Yes, and citizen in the fathers country but not in Thailand, the question is can she make our kid thai without my help or agreement?

I don't think she can, you are holding all the cards.

The boy has Swedish nationality, he has a Swedish passport and father, and he resides in Sweden.

• Thumbs Up 1

12 hours ago, NativeBob said:

Have you thought through before you posted?

Happy and healthy childhood.

The kid has far more opportunities in life, a better education system, better hospitals, better employment prospects and a better future in SWEDEN.

What are his prospects in Thailand? Lousy education system, eating hand to mouth daily, mother taking on some lowlife Thai husband and the boy in a dysfunctional family or being brought up by grandparents in filthy living conditions, whilst the mother is out looking for another foreigner.

The boy is far better off where he is, with his father, @kneebendingfools

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

15 minutes ago, Scouse123 said:

I don't think she has the power or determination to take on a Swedish father when the boy resides in Sweden and has a Swedish passport.

@kneebendingfools can simply be difficult and refuse to assist. He has custody of the child, the woman is facing an uphill battle.

Is she trying to get money from you? Is that what this is about? And is she using the child as leverage?

That's usually what it's all about. Most couldn't care less where a child goes, and most, including the judges here,  already know that a country outside Thailand gives the child a much better chance at an education and better paying job and future. Some will go so low as make their child a prisoner here until they get a payoff. I'm in the same position myself, as I will take my daughter out of here as soon as I can re -establish back in the US.

• Agree 1

My two luk krung boys were born outside of Thailand.  We went to a Thai consulate and applied for Thai citizenship for them.  They were each given Thai passports in about two months.  About a year later we moved to Thailand and stayed there for about 12 years.  We then relocated back to my home country so they could finish high school and then go on to university.  They both have current Thai passports and Thai ID cards.  They occasionally go back to Thailand but not often.  As they are in their late 30's now, I highly doubt they will ever return to Thailand to work.  Holidays, yes but that is about it.  

If your Thai wife. ex-wife, girlfriend has all the necessary documentation she probably can go and get the child registered and entered into the tabien bahn but I'm not sure if the child has to be present or not.  

On 8/20/2024 at 7:01 AM, kneebendingfools said:

If the child is born by a Thai mother in Thailand, the child will (automatically) be a Thai citizen. To my knowledge also a child born by a Thai mother in a foreign country can be Thai citizen.

If you are not married to the mother, you are not legal father, even if your name is on the Thai birth-certificate. To be legal father outside of marriege either a DNA-test is needed, when the child an infant or toddler, or an approval at the local Amphor district-office when the child is 7 years or older; at the Amphor-office both parents and the child needs to be present.

To obtain foreign – and thereby dual – citizenship, you will normally need to be approved father (legal married, or DNA, or by Amphor-approval) and follow the procedure from your home country with legalization of various documents. It can sometimes be little complicated, depending of the country's demand for documentation, especially if not legally married.

• Haha 1

So in Sweden, does it matter if the couple is married? As long as the father is named on the birth certificate, that would give him all the cards, as long as the child is not kidnapped/taken to Thailand.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Hanuman2547 said:

My two luk krung boys were born outside of Thailand.  We went to a Thai consulate and applied for Thai citizenship for them.  They were each given Thai passports in about two months.  About a year later we moved to Thailand and stayed there for about 12 years.  We then relocated back to my home country so they could finish high school and then go on to university.  They both have current Thai passports and Thai ID cards.  They occasionally go back to Thailand but not often.  As they are in their late 30's now, I highly doubt they will ever return to Thailand to work.  Holidays, yes but that is about it.  

If your Thai wife. ex-wife, girlfriend has all the necessary documentation she probably can go and get the child registered and entered into the tabien bahn but I'm not sure if the child has to be present or not.  

look at the numbers on your wife id and your kids

luk krueng has one that shows anybody they are half, not born here...