So why do you use cannabis ?

3 minutes ago, stoner said:

for me i would rather not share the traumatic events of my life on a forum such as this.

ok, what I'm really getting at is, I'm interested in if people are using cannabis because of anxiety, ADHD etc type issues

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, scubascuba3 said:

ok, what I'm really getting at is, I'm interested in if people are using cannabis because of anxiety, ADHD etc type issues

i think you'll find all of those issues are reasons. funny enough with anxiety some cannabis will work and some wont. the terpenes involved can swing the high in many different ways. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

So why didn't you just ask for help with your issues?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Don't you think it significant that when you asked the question that you had specific issues in MIND, but didn't want to mention them? People can observe behaviour over time and make their own judgements. 

Repeated behaviour of calling people obese for instance... The compulsion to label and denigrate others in order to feel better about oneself. 

Why not just ask if anyone is using cannabis for ADHD or anxiety etc? Then you may have received the replies that you were seeking.

Just a suggestion. Don't launch into a frenzy of name calling over it. 

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, NowNow said:

Don't you think it significant that when you asked the question that you had specific issues in MIND, but didn't want to mention them? People can observe behaviour over time and make their own judgements. 

Repeated behaviour of calling people obese for instance... The compulsion to label and denigrate others in order to feel better about oneself. 

Why not just ask if anyone is using cannabis for ADHD or anxiety etc? Then you may have received the replies that you were seeking.

Just a suggestion. Don't launch into a frenzy of name calling over it. 

Rant over? have a joint and relax

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

Well don't tell us ! 

The OP is asking a question on a forum for posters who want to answer with academia answers , he/she/them are not interested in your answer ,don't answer is the answer if you don't want to answer please !

Academic answers!

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, RSD1 said:

25MG of Doxylamine Succinate, an OTC antihistamine works really well. Non-addictive or habit forming and no narcotic effect.

Codiphen (Diphenhydramine hydrochloride) is what I use and it's also a non-addictive antihistamine. 👍

7 hours ago, IsaanExpat said:

Severe ADHD, as a Stimulant Cannabis actually has the affect of calming my brain down. I have Insomnia, so it helps my head to wind down enough to sleep.

I also use it for pain management. I don't eat it, it processes differently in the Liver and I'm not looking for that "high". I don't use vaping either.

prefer Indica strains with higher amounts of CBD, the newer strains have way too much THC for me, it makes me paranoid 9 times out of 10. I like the cheap ditch weed, it does what I need it to do and is generally cheaper than the "party strains".

I'm hoping to get a medical card when I move back to UT and the wife can grow it for me in our Garden.😁

In my opinion, the feeling of paranoia is really just a sensory trigger related to the slightly elevated heart rate that typically occurs during the first half hour from any of the higher level THC strains. 

Since, in everyday life, a sudden elevated heart rate often occurs from being frightened, startled or worried about something, the subconscious mind will often associate that sudden increase in heart rate from the cannabis as something worrying that then triggers a mild feeling of paranoia. 

I think if you acknowledge this then it becomes easier to manage it and normally, after half an hour, the anxiety dissipates and moves into a more relaxed and happy feeling.

I also noticed that if I consume more cannabis two hours later, after the initial dose, then that elevated heart rate doesn't occur again and I just get that nice smooth sailing feeling. 

I do prefer the stronger THC strains though because I find it more difficult to get a solid relaxed and euphoric lock in place from the weaker stuff. 

Also, by ingesting a cannabis infused oil, the onset of the THC effect is progressive, rather than hitting all at once (like when you smoke it) and, thus with the oil you end up avoiding that initial burst of elevated heart rate and paranoia all together. 

Edited by HugoFastor

9 hours ago, HugoFastor said:

Also, by ingesting a cannabis infused oil, the onset of the THC effect is progressive, rather than hitting all at once (like when you smoke it) and, thus with the oil you end up avoiding that initial burst of elevated heart rate and paranoia all together. 

find nano edibles.