Teenager Stabs Foreign Man in Road Rage Incident Near Pattaya

Georgealbert

12 hours ago, Georgealbert said:

with the assailant unable to overpower the victim and resorting to stabbing him with the sharp object.

Shortly after, the assailant's friends arrived on motorcycles, armed with wooden sticks.

Shameless.

• Like 1

This is at the Boonsamphan/Railway Bypass (Lieb Tang Rodfai) intersection.

A popular spot for motorcycles to try and avoid the traffic jams by roaring (both ways) down whichever lane is open to the point oncoming traffic nearly has to stop to avoid getting hit.

And where, everyday, all day, it's a constant game of Thai Roulette where cars/trucks/motorcycles try to push into oncoming traffic so they can finally try and cross the intersection.

(Most of the intersections along the Railway Bypass road are like that actually.)

I'm surprised there isn't a dozen accidents everyday at that spot.

Untitled.jpg.2bcf9ae405f529f7771166198c9ea306.jpg

Edited by Kerryd
  • Thanks 2

Why get into a conflict, bloody stupid. 

Do as I do, everyone has right of way. 

Every day I see stupid foreigners yelling and screaming, acting like a child. 

It's not the west, no need for aggression, drive slowly and sensibly.

No rush to get to work, there's no need to get from A to B quicker, the beer bar can wait for you, slow down people. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Georgealbert said:

The event, captured on video, left the vendor frightened. She immediately called for nearby residents to intervene and quickly contacted the police.

Nice that she did that for a foreigner.

1 minute ago, BangkokReady said:

Nice that she did that for a foreigner.

She probably knew what was going to happen next if she didn't call the police.

• Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, Kerryd said:

This is at the Boonsamphan/Railway Bypass (Lieb Tang Rodfai) intersection.

A popular spot for motorcycles to try and avoid the traffic jams by roaring (both ways) down whichever lane is open to the point oncoming traffic nearly has to stop to avoid getting hit.

And where, everyday, all day, it's a constant game of Thai Roulette where cars/trucks/motorcycles try to push into oncoming traffic so they can finally try and cross the intersection

Yep, been the same before us foreigners arrived. 

LIVE WITH IT 

If you going to get aggressive, maybe take a taxi. 

So many hot head foreigners here, no brains. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, JeffersLos said:

Can't lose to a farang, must stab or shoot them to win. 

They even lost more than half of their muay thai fights to foreigners these days. I do love watching them get knocked the f out in their national sport lol

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

Sounds it was the Thais that started it.  Any insults for them?

It's road rage, it takes 2, who said that the Thai started it? 

What fool jumps out of their car in a conflict. 

Maybe the 40kg Thai guy felt threatened when he saw a 130kg madman jumping out of his car yelling and screaming. 

Come down to Pattaya and witness these foreigners on the roads, I'm fed up with them. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

13 hours ago, Georgealbert said:

Shortly after, the assailant's friends arrived on motorcycles, armed with wooden sticks. Fortunately, authorities arrived on the scene in time, causing the group to disperse and flee in different directions.

Thailand's youth of the future ....   to lead the country with their wisdom and guidance 

5 hours ago, Scouse123 said:

Family resort!😆

Yep, and a lot safer than the city of our birth. I've lived in the Pattaya area for 18 years and feel a lot more secure than I did walking along Everton Road after the pubs let out. Never had any probs all the time I've been here and after visiting many places in Thailand, wouldn't live anywhere else.

Edited by jesimps

5 hours ago, Mason45 said:

I could've had a similar situation a few days ago. I was driving along North Road when this idiot came flying up behind me on a motor bike. I stopped for the red light and he nearly ran straight up my a**e. He yelled out, my wife told me he said why did I stop. He had a savage look on his his face, so I just said chok dee and moved on. I first moved to Pattaya 24 years ago, I only drive my car when I go go to Bangkok or shop at a super market. Normally my transport is baht buses and walking.

if you stopped on the orange hes in the right

• Confused 2

21 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

From page two:

"21 August, a 47 year old vendor who witnessed the entire event, recounted to reporters, that during the time of the incident, the traffic was heavily congested. She noticed a black, four-door pickup truck waiting in the jam when a group of teenagers on a motorcycle approached and began knocking on the pickup's window, trying to force the driver out of the vehicle.

The driver of the pickup truck attempted drive away and flee, but one of the teenagers got off the motorcycle, armed with a metal rod, and opened the truck's door. The teenager then stabbed the driver, who was a foreigner, leading to a struggle as the driver fought back in self-defense. The event, captured on video, left the vendor frightened. She immediately called for nearby residents to intervene and quickly contacted the police."

Maybe the Thai guy wanted to attack the foreigner with a weapon, so he did.

Omg, it's road rage, what don't you understand? 

Two idiots in conflict. 

Was the witness there before when road rage person number 2 (foreigner) got angry? 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, lordgrinz said:

What they really need is actual road tests, incorporating multiple disciplines, but we know if they did nobody in Thailand would ever pass.

Plus actual enforcement of the road rules.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

8 hours ago, ronster said:

Basically attempted murder if stabbed him in the neck.

None of the police thought to round up some of the guys with sticks to find out who their mate is ? 🤔🙈

And to arrest them...

A person with a stab wound to the neck was about to get beaten (to death) by a mob with sticks....     Surely there is a charge and a penalty for being 'about to commit attempted murder'... no ???

• Agree 1

27 minutes ago, lordgrinz said:

What they really need is actual road tests, incorporating multiple disciplines, but we know if they did nobody in Thailand would ever pass.

19 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

Plus actual enforcement of the road rules.

Be realistic. They will overthrow any government that tries to do this.

3 hours ago, fotofinish said:

if you stopped on the orange hes in the right

No he's not.

An Amber traffic light does not mean 'gun it across the junction'... 

It means stop if safe to do so.. i.e. no skidding or losing control etc.

If a bike is speeding up behind a car which slows to a stop on Amber and the bike rides into the back of the car, its 100% the bike riders fault - the rider was too close to the car.

The issue here is of courses is not the law itself, but the expectation of everyone around you that the law will not only 'not be followed' but deliberately ignored and that on 'amber' it is expected that other drivers will 'speed up' to get through the lights. 

It is also expected that when a light turns red, a handful of cars will also speed up to get through the recently 'changed' lights.... 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, DeeMakMak said:

Be realistic. They will overthrow any government that tries to do this.

This is actually quite true.  People often go on about the police like they're the ones who are letting the Thai people down, but it's fairly clear that Thais are fairly supportive of their hands off approach.

Thais seem to break the rules all the time, and support weak enforcement while criticising heavy handed enforcement.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

A person with a stab wound to the neck was about to get beaten (to death) by a mob with sticks....   

Look more clearly... They are young Buddhists and wise parents raised them and finally it is a family resort city.