Teenager Stabs Foreign Man in Road Rage Incident Near Pattaya

Georgealbert

This issue has received far more discussion than it actually deserves. The key point is why was the teenager carrying a concealed weapon in the first place. If that's ok with some let's all get tooled up.

20 hours ago, lordgrinz said:

Never get out of the car, if you need it, you have the best weapon on Earth, it weighs almost two tons.

Yes, very much so.

As the guy approaches with a baseball bat of whatever, getting out of there is the best idea, if you can leave him injured, better still. 

8 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Those YouTube Channels are already out there....

There are also Facebook Pages dedicated to the idiocy witnessed on Thailands roads (by Thai's and foreigners) 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1014566385582946

But to be fair - every country has the same groups and much the same stupid stuff can be witnessed....  At least there is far less agression on the roads in Thailand, give or take the odd complete meltdown (as we see with this story).

In the UK recently some guy went bonkers at me as I was driving down the road along a row of parked cars... clear on my side, the parked cars were on his side of the road but he expected me to give way.... Which I happily would have, but as we'd approached at the same time I fully expected him to yield... he didn't and pushed his way through, was waving his arms shouting at me....  etc...

... he seemed so mad I had to question my own sanity and wonder what mistake I'd made... 

But none - he just had no idea it should have been him that was to give way as the obstruction was in his half of the road (his left / my right).

People just get mad so easily - but so do I when someone puts my family in danger through their utter stupidity. 

I got mad a policeman when coming in from the airport a few years ago. 

He pulled over the AOT van on the expressway - I was telling the driver to ignore the policeman and take the next exit, stopping on the expressway was way to dangerous (with wife and child in car)....   the driver didn't listen, the policeman ignored me.... 

...Turns out the policeman took 200 baht fine, the reason unclear, but something to do with the van (AOT Toyota commuter) not being permitted to drive in the right most lane on the motorway / expressway - which Id never heard of before)...  But I didn't care - stopping on the motorway was such a no-no...    but in these cases logic simply cannot prevail. 

Those YouTube Channels are already out there....

There are also Facebook Pages dedicated to the idiocy witnessed on Thailands roads (by Thai's and foreigners) 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1014566385582946

Sorry this Facbook Channel is Lock.......

You have another Link?

Georgealbert explains that the victim was pierced below the left jaw.

Perhaps combining the right jaw with the left caused the event to happen.

I try to avoid using  verbal contact with my fellow road users . 

23 hours ago, Mason45 said:

The problem is they come from up north, hit Pattaya and are totally out of their league. They're supposed to be looking for work, instead get on lao khao and yabba and become raving morons. I've been up north many times as my wife comes from there. She's the first to admit how careful people have to be if you upset them. The areas around Koh Talo have become very dangerous places. When the areas were first developed it was a very nice part of Pattaya. How things have changed in 20 years.

We had a house there back in the 2000s in Baan Permsiri., that we had built.

A small, nice development a few hundred yards from the highway and near the Temple and railway track.

We sold up a long time ago now, looks like I made the right decision.

Your other point is correct too, they go there from Isaarn looking for work, promising to send money home to family, and usually kids the grandmothers are looking after, then it's booze, drugs, gambling and discos and forget the family.

Edited by Scouse123
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Scouse123 said:

We had a house there back in the 2000s in Baan Permsiri., that we had built.

A small, nice development a few hundred yards from the highway and near the Temple and railway track.

We sold up a long time ago now, looks like I made the right decision.

Your other point is correct too, they go there from Isaarn looking for work, promising to send money home to family, and usually kids the grandmothers are looking after, then it's booze, drugs, gambling and discos and forget the family.

I never forget the wildest brawl I ever seen. My wife to be and I were invited to a friend of mines home in Yasothon. My friend had it built but died so his girl friend lived there alone. The day after we arrived the guy next door wanted to take us to a festival so we obliged. As we arrived there were multiple brawls everywhere so the officials called it off until the next day.

The next day all was quiet but many people were absolutely hammered 2 hour before the festival was due to start. Many walked past us with the necks of broken beer bottles in their hip pockets. There were at least 20 cops in the whiskey tent and  they were down to their white t shirts, so they were there for a long session. The biggest brawl of all time erupted where at least 100 guys were hard at it and weren't they tooled up. One hero rode his motor bike into the brawl and came to an abrupt stop. I'm sure he couldn't have survived the treatment the pack gave him. While all this was going on the bib's didn't leave the tent, I suppose they got paid money and free whiskey to maintain law and order at the festival. The above festival would've been December 2003.

22 hours ago, lordgrinz said:

What they really need is actual road tests, incorporating multiple disciplines, but we know if they did nobody in Thailand would ever pass.

".....nobody in Thailand would ever pass."

But wouldn't the roads be nice and quiet? 😁

Have to agree with your post. My wife passed her test and had NEVER driven on a main road, never mind dual carriage way!

Edited by sambum

On 8/21/2024 at 4:24 AM, mdr224 said:

Police wouldnt do anything if they could. Thais can do anything they want to foreigners here and get away with it

Thats very true, and they dont like foreigners come to their country. If the police could do something, let the police use the MY ways of police in the police station. I can said that guy will forget his house number after staying in the lockup for few days. All thais are over pamper and the law helps them too, thats why they are not scare of the law, cowboy town.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/21/2024 at 5:48 PM, Docno said:

"She noticed a black, four-door pickup truck waiting in the jam when a group of teenagers on a motorcycle approached and began knocking on the pickup's window, trying to force the driver out of the vehicle."

Lesson of the day: don't jump to assumptions.

Force him out with words? So they actually dragged him out of the vehicle? If he didnt want a fight, then dont get out of the freaking vehicle!!!!

• Confused 1

On 8/21/2024 at 12:56 PM, Mason45 said:

The problem is they come from up north, hit Pattaya and are totally out of their league. They're supposed to be looking for work, instead get on lao khao and yabba and become raving morons. I've been up north many times as my wife comes from there. She's the first to admit how careful people have to be if you upset them. The areas around Koh Talo have become very dangerous places. When the areas were first developed it was a very nice part of Pattaya. How things have changed in 20 years.

This trash shouldn't be allowed in Pattaya to begin with. They come down here following some girl trying to get away for good reason. There 

are way too many thai males in the Pattaya area. No place for them in tourist town .Nobody wants them here with their bad hostile vibes. Round them up and send them back to bum f*** nakon nowhere.

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, morrobay said:

This trash shouldn't be allowed in Pattaya to begin with. They come down here following some girl trying to get away for good reason. There 

are way too many thai males in the Pattaya area. No place for them in tourist town .Nobody wants them here with their bad hostile vibes. Round them up and send them back to bum f*** nakon nowhere.

I've been in their company up north when they're drinking in a huddle full of high octane booze and maybe drugs when a fight breaks out amongst themselves. It's normally the mob attacking one person. I must say though as I first went there 22 years ago they have always treated me ok.

Cowardly little s***s at it again, one of the reasons why expats are leaving Pattaya in droves.  I avoid it like the plague when visiting old friends in Thailand.

Still TTA is predicting a million plus Chinese Zero $ tourists so it will all be fine...not.

• Agree 2

On 8/25/2024 at 6:06 AM, Mason45 said:

I've been in their company up north when they're drinking in a huddle full of high octane booze and maybe drugs when a fight breaks out amongst themselves. It's normally the mob attacking one person. I must say though as I first went there 22 years ago they have always treated me ok.

Glasgow?

5 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Glasgow?

As I've visited Glasgow four times, the place where I was born, I know exactly what you're referring to. Thankfully my family migrated to Australia when I was 5 years old.

• Haha 1

The BIB's had no interest as there would be nothing in it for them. In most countries when the cavalry arrived the cops would've arrested all of them. Taken them back to the cop shop, given them a right roughing up and in no time they would've squealed their guts out. Irrespective whether the farang wanted to fight or not is petty compared to a person carrying a concealed weapon and using it to cause serious bodily harm. If apprehended the perpetrator is looking at serious jail time.

On 8/21/2024 at 10:37 PM, MalcolmB said:

As usual a complete pile on the Thais. Perhaps the Pole with bad driving nearly killed the Thai on his motorbike. I have seen some near misses with bad farang drivers.

Unsubstantiated nonsense.

26 minutes ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Well said 👍

This guy is always looking for conflict. 

So what you're saying is the action the Thai guy took was appropriate for this situation. Using a concealed weapon that caused serious bodily harm is a very serious offense. That nullifies people playing the blame game

7 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

Thais drive far more aggressively, faster and foolishly than where I am from.

You want to go to Australia, road rage is out of control. 

I see these aggressive foreigners on our roads daily here in Pattaya, yelling, screaming, carrying on like children, aggressively blasting their horn. 

Their childlike aggressive, hostile behaviour is shown on this forum. I'm continually reporting members for being rude, name calling, at times it's like being back on the school playground. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST

1 hour ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

You want to go to Australia, road rage is out of control. 

I see these aggressive foreigners on our roads daily here in Pattaya, yelling, screaming, carrying on like children, aggressively blasting their horn. 

Their childlike aggressive, hostile behaviour is shown on this forum. I'm continually reporting members for being rude, name calling, at times it's like being back on the school playground. 

I haven't been back to Australia for 10 years, so maybe road rage is out of control there. If a road rage incident comes to a confrontation  in Australia are concealed weapons used to cause grievous bodily harm? If the Polish guy did in fact die then the Thai brat would've been looking at a murder wrap.

1 minute ago, Mason45 said:

I haven't been back to Australia for 10 years, so maybe road rage is out of control there. If a road rage incident comes to a confrontation  in Australia are concealed weapons used to cause grievous bodily harm? If the Polish guy did in fact die then the Thai brat would've been looking at a murder wrap.

Lots of knife attacks in Oz, there was an incident on the weekend, crazy guy got out of his car, Engadine intersection (Sydney), started slicing people up with a box cutter. 

Just now, Mason45 said:

May I add, where do you see these farangs carry on as you suggested. I drive every day and I walk 2 hours daily. Of course I see people lose their cool at times but it's only minimal. Also you must have extra good hearing as most cars here have the air con going with the windows closed.

20 hours ago, Mason45 said:

I recall the tale of an older Brit guy  who was on a motorcycle and got into a road rage situation with a Thai in a car, the Thai took out a gun and shot him dead in the back. Often wonder what punishment he got, one never hears more of these things.