Thailand likely detects a new, more dangerous mpox variant

1 hour ago, TheTightArseTraveller said:

Oh please....  Is anyone stupid enough to fall for this crap again???  This is the biggest load of crap.... but lucky they have massive money making v@ccines to jab us with.

Not me.

Thanks! 

I hope that this time the vaccine will be in suppository form, so that we can insert it directly into the right place! 🤕🤒😷⚰️🤔

• Haha 2

why sugar coat...

sex of men with other men... 

and stay off the whores and massage places for a while

skin to skin...

but a lab could make it viral spreak ?  a bit of gain of function, you know,  to make a new vaccine...

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, RJRS1301 said:

It is spread through close contact, skin to skin, mother to child (one death of 10 week old child) has a 3-17 day incubation before any symptoms

Crowded markets , people brushing past you, shaking hands, hugging all MAY transmit if skin to skin 

There is a vaccination available 

Skin to skin: prostitutes, any kind of massage

• Thumbs Up 1

The type of mpox the infected patient is suspected to have is transmitted mostly via the adult-to-adult route.

"In countries reporting clade I cases, human-to-human transmission through close physical contact and through both sexual and non-sexual transmission has been documented. Although all age groups are represented among cases infected with MPXV clade I, preliminary data show that infections by clade Ib virus concern mostly the adult population, whereas infections by clade Ia concern mostly children. To date, there are still significant uncertainties about the main transmission routes, transmissibility, severity, and natural disease history, and whether these differ between the two circulating subclades of clade I MPXV."

https://www.ecdc.europa.eu/sites/default/files/documents/mpox-risk-assessment-monkeypox-virus-africa-august-2024.pdf

Edited by placeholder
  • Like 1

Just to be clear: mpox is not, per se, a sexually transmitted disease. So wearing condoms or whatever other precautions one might take to avoid infection won't be effective in this case:

"The virus is not a textbook sexually transmitted infection. However, it is spread through close physical contact and sex obviously involves close contact."

https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/c4glqzerw3no

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Butts said:

It's Election Time again send in your Ballots we will be sure to count them corectly

Nah - there's still three months.  They'll roll out the Bird Flu in another month and The Chicken Plague will be upon us ("Katy Bar The Doors!")

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, sumongkhwai said:

Really shouldn't be much of an issue in Thailand as transmission only occurs via skin to skin contact i.e. an infected person must have physical contact with another person. A couple of years there was an outbreak in the States (I want to say less than a dozen or so) who all were on board the same gay cruise ship, go figure.

Still think it's funny that they had to change the name from monkey pox to mpox so as not offend the monkeys. Well, how do you think the chickens feel after all these years, or cows for that matter?

Monkeys are woke too, nobody cares what a chicken thinks.

• Haha 1

Another way to control the people if you don't believe it look at the scare tactics used for a disease that is passed on by men having sex with men and then the same spreading it to others. It can only be spread by sexual contact but because of the woke police, they will never admit it. Wake up people and watch what will happen if you don't fall in line with the narrative.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

On 8/22/2024 at 7:23 AM, Homburg said:

Isn't it the people having F-ing breaks that are spreading this?

1. Spreading this...where exactly

2. It's currently a non-event/non-issue and has been so for years. 

3. And even IF it is spreading and becomes an issue...you without wanting a <deleted> break will spread it the same chance as me wanting a <deleted> break. 

4. I couldn't give a <deleted> 💩 less about it regardless. Every day is a risk. Life is hazardous. Nearly every aspect of Nature is out to kill us. And much of the human manufactured world is too. Lot's of dangerous people out there also.

Constantly existing in fear and paralyzed by fear mongering of the next potential maybe/kinda/sorta bogeyman is not living life. It's life living and owning you. And that is definitely NOT for me. So I reiterate...

Gimme a <deleted> break🙂

Edited by metisdead
Profanity edited out.
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, sumongkhwai said:

Still think it's funny that they had to change the name from monkey pox to mpox so as not offend the monkeys. Well, how do you think the chickens feel after all these years, or cows for that matter?

It's not about chickens, cows. It's about how virus feeling if it have named by monkey name. 

Edited by jogamonkseven

6 hours ago, sumongkhwai said:

Really shouldn't be much of an issue in Thailand as transmission only occurs via skin to skin contact i.e. an infected person must have physical contact with another person. A couple of years there was an outbreak in the States (I want to say less than a dozen or so) who all were on board the same gay cruise ship, go figure.

It is a misnomer as the virus originated in rodents......another, maybe more important, reason for the name change?

2 hours ago, sabai-dee-man said:

Possibly the most ignorant thing I've ever read on this forum, and that's saying something. Stuck in the '80s, perchance?! 🙄 

Nope, just stuck in the numbers, tho admit should have written...predominantly , vast majority & by far...for HIV.

"gay and bisexual men are the population most affected by HIV. According to the  Centers for Disease Control and Prevention" (CDC)

" gay and bisexual men are the population group most affected by HIV". ---NIH

https://rb.gy/vqwabj

PSX_20240822_112113.png.a06ad464d0bd52de1188828aa8345b66.png

These stats are generally consistent regardless of country and year.

Edited by Skeptic7
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Skeptic7 said:

"While anyone can get monkeypox, the current outbreak is overwhelmingly affecting sexually active gay, bisexual and other men who have sex with men. In fact, our recent study which looked at 528 monkeypox infections since the start of the outbreak found that 98% of these infections had occurred in this group."

https://www.qmul.ac.uk/media/news/2022/smd/monkeypox-an-expert-explains-what-gay-and-bisexual-men-need-to-know.html

https://theconversation.com/monkeypox-an-expert-explains-what-gay-and-bisexual-men-need-to-know-187882

All this indicates is that gay & bisexual men have more sex so it would expected that a contagious disease would be then be transmitting more among them.  No surprises there.

• Confused 2