Transfer of information from old passport to new passport

In March recieved new passport from Bangkok U.S. Embassy at that time informed me that the letter confirming the issue of new passport would no longer be issued starting in April 2024. My question is has anyone preformed a transfer from old passport to new  passport without this letter. My agent is saying no way but she wasn't aware of the information from U.S. Consulate about non-issue of letters. 

I got a new Dutch passport a couple of weeks ago and the BOI OneStop center in Bangkok transferred the visa information without any letter with no problems. After that I went to my bank to update the passport number in their system and got 2 new bank books.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, moe666 said:

In March recieved new passport from Bangkok U.S. Embassy at that time informed me that the letter confirming the issue of new passport would no longer be issued starting in April 2024. My question is has anyone preformed a transfer from old passport to new  passport without this letter. My agent is saying no way but she wasn't aware of the information from U.S. Consulate about non-issue of letters. 

No problem at Immigration, just have done it at Hua Hin Immigration for my German Passport without Embassy Letter.

47 minutes ago, moe666 said:

My agent is saying no way but she wasn't aware of the information from U.S. Consulate about non-issue of letters. 

Agent is wrong. 

Which immigration office do you deal with. 

Stamps should be transferred at office where they were issued. 

This attached thread has link to form CW and some other offices use. Also list of required docs.

Note I mention in one post that at CW if using money in bank method retirement they want updated bank book and photocopies of bank book pages.

https://aseannow.com/topic/1331063-transfer-immigration-stamps-to-new-passport-third-passport-while-living-in-los/

2 hours ago, moe666 said:

Thanks for your input. My agent got back with me and she had checked with immigration CM and yes no problem with transfer. She had not had to deal with it and just didn't no. Thanks again for the input.

• Like 1

As I have said before there is no panic to get stamps transferred, can be done next time you apply for an extension. They do not know when you got your new one. Same with the banks, you only really need to do that when doing over the counter transaction.

Don't forget to add a new photo on your phone. 

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

Stamps should be transferred at office where they were issued. 

My stamps issued in Pattaya, transferring in Phitsanulok. 20 minutes, done.

4 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

My stamps issued in Pattaya, transferring in Phitsanulok. 20 minutes, done.

That's not the norm.

For example couple months back had my stamps transfered to new pp at CW.

They explained that they could not transfer my multi reentry permit as it was issued at DMK.

I was aware of that so no surprise. 

3 hours ago, moe666 said:

I thought that was decided the previous year when I got my new passport in November.  So I never checked for any letter, and went to the CM IO in February and did my transfer of stamps.  No problem whatsoever.  They took the two passports and 60 minutes later gave them back with all necessary transfers - at the same time I did a new TM.30 and 90-day report to have all in my new passport - all freebies and great service without any letter from the US embassy.

25 minutes ago, Presnock said:

They took the two passports and 60 minutes later gave them back with all necessary

Seems CM do lot more than other offices..

This is what most require.

Obviously TM Card not required along with letter from embassy 

Screenshot_20240822-133340.jpg

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Seems CM do lot more than other offices..

This is what most require

Screenshot_20240822-132437.jpg

Well when I went to do the transfer, I also had a 90-day report due, then prior to the opening of the CM IO, I had to fill out those two sheets that all fill out in front under the tent, then the official walking around and checking on what folks were there for prior to the office opening, checked my out and said oh, go back to the TM.30 office (opens 10 minutes before the main office opens - and takes 5 minutes or less to update the TM.30, then after I turned in the paperwork and request to transfer stamps they advised me to walk in the 90-day report window and then bring the p/p back (2 minutes) and I did that and they sent me into the main bldg for the transfer of stamps so totally I spent just over an hour waiting and got everything updated in my new P/P and then by the next month I had an BOI LTR in my new p/p. so the p/p is good for 10 years as is the visa.  Perfect timing on both.  I find CM IO today much better than just a few years ago when we used to have to queue up hours early just go get a queue number hopefully for the same day to do whatever we had to do.  Now with online and their organization prior to opening each day it makes it much easier.  I never was able to ever even get an appointment since they were always backed up beyond my time for a visit. (months!!!).  Not to worry though as I just showed up each time and usually spent 90 minutes or less all day to get things done.  Now I don't have to thnk about it at all. for the next 10 years.

• Thumbs Up 1

I did my transfer from my old passport to my new passport this week no letter from my UK Embassy having been provided as is now the  normal procedure.Huahin charged B 500 for the service. Obviously things may be different elsewhere

Regarding the transfer of stamps and possible retirement extension, I recently read that the 800k bank balance and the period the amount must be on it will be looked at again.
Is this being checked or not?

23 minutes ago, Peterphuket said:

Regarding the transfer of stamps and possible retirement extension, I recently read that the 800k bank balance and the period the amount must be on it will be looked at again.
Is this being checked or not?

I had my stamps transfered to new pp few months back at CW.

I use money in bank method for extensions retirement.

The io wanted photocopies of pages of my bankbook and also made me go to bank and update.

When I mentioned that this was never previously required, she said "Need" 

10 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

I had my stamps transfered to new pp few months back at CW.

I use money in bank method for extensions retirement.

The io wanted photocopies of pages of my bankbook and also made me go to bank and update.

When I mentioned that this was never previously required, she said "Need" 

T

Thanks for the reply but it makes me uncertain, I think you have mentioned this before, for that reason I am asking again I have also asked this to the agent in Hua hin who is taking care of my retirement extension and he says it is not checked. Next month I will get a new passport and for that reason I am afraid I will have to pay charges again if I am asked for the 800K.
My current passport expires November 2025, my retirement renewal is in June.
This month, I am going to Europe.
I am considering waiting until May 2025 instead of next month but then I have to go to Europe again for that.

Edited by Peterphuket

13 minutes ago, Peterphuket said:

Next month I will get a new passport and for that reason I am afraid I will have to pay charges again if I am asked for the 800K.

So to be clear..,...you do not provide your own money for the financials.

An agent does that? 

Are your stamps issued in Hua Hin

6 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

So to be clear..,...you do not provide your own money for the financials.

An agent does that? 

Are your stamps issued in Hua Hin

Yes, that's correct.

Officially, I belong to the Chaam area but the agent told me the management there had become stricter so 2 months ago it took place in HuHin where, to my surprise, the chief was the one from Chaam.

3 minutes ago, Peterphuket said:

Yes, that's correct.

Officially, I belong to the Chaam area but the agent told me the management there had become stricter so 2 months ago it took place in HuHin where, to my surprise, the chief was the one from Chaam.

Just let your agent handle it.

Many folk use agents for financials.

The agent will be aware of the process.

The bankbook check at CW is new. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, moe666 said:

New US passport was issued in Nov but wanted to do new extension and transfer stamps at same time so did it all in  March this year, letter not asked for
also did it at an immigration ( using an agent) where the previous extension was  issued>

they stopped issuing letters last year
NO problem

Edited by zzzzz

The UK 'Trendy Building' office had a letter stuck on the wall next to all application booths addressed to "To whom it may concern" stating that the British government no longer provide such letters. I recall taking a photo but never needing it.

19 hours ago, john smith said:

I did my transfer from my old passport to my new passport this week no letter from my UK Embassy having been provided as is now the  normal procedure.Huahin charged B 500 for the service. Obviously things may be different elsewhere

When I did this a few, years back in Hua Hin the IO asked for money. I gave it to him but said I must have an official pink receipt. He brought the money back to me when he returned the completed passport.

Edited by Speedhump

21 hours ago, john smith said:

Did they provide you with a receipt? My local office (Rayong) doesn't charge a single satang to transfer stamps from old passports to new!