Mysterious Cooling in the Atlantic Temperature Drop Raises Global Climate Questions

Social Media

With 'recorded history' beginning in 1982, no wonder we're bewildered!

Seriously though, I was under the impression that reliable weather records (and perhaps also climate records) date back to the C19th. Not to mention multiple historical and archaeological records of floods and desertification for at least the last 2000 years ...

All up, our continuing bewilderment is itself bewildering. Ideology vs Evidence is never a nice scenario.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, mfd101 said:

Not to mention multiple historical and archaeological records of floods and desertification for at least the last 2000 years ...

Records yes, but no reasons for the floods or desertification. No computers to input the info one needs to produce the required result.

• Confused 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, retarius said:

I really am sick of hot weather so this is welcome news for me. I'd be very happy to see Thailand cool down to around 27 to 28 degrees. 

Oh well then,

Let's see what can be done, we don't want retarius getting too hot under the collar, do we?

6 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

:cheesy:

One wonders if the oceans cool ( which will cool everything down ) what the politicians will come up with to tax us with then.

The problem with pinning everything on one thing ( warming ) becomes a problem when it starts cooling instead.

Now, all you guys out there ( you know who you are ) that have been telling us that the "science is settled" and other such like nonsense, if the planet cools will you accept that you were wrong?

No. they will find something else (An Excuse to blame it on Global warming having a day off) or some other Excuse.   🙏

• Agree 1

On 8/24/2024 at 6:13 AM, ExpatOilWorker said:

Might be unrelated, but last time we had a big cooling in 2011 Thailand had the big flood. Northern Thailand is already having a very wet rainy season. 

The cooling must explain the strengthening of the THB also, and Oct 2011, it was in the 30s to $1 USD.

Damn climate change ... 😎

• Haha 1