Russian Man Arrested for Carrying Fake Euros in Chonburi

webfact

1 hour ago, NativeBob said:

AFAIK all fake euros are coming from (who would imagine?) Europe, mostly those dwarf states. 

Just as EU & US passports (fake one, not from KS Road) are coming from the Promised Land.

That info was from some really freaky dealer from Middle East. He was in business since middle of 90s. Could arrange anything, real super connected man.

Daimini?

8 hours ago, soalbundy said:

The production was stopped because it was the criminals choice of bank note or so I read somewhere, nobody likes taking them these days.

Criminals still stock them !! You can put a lot of cash money in a small place !

11 hours ago, KhunLA said:

Great, another anti RU thread.   Topic could be "Man arrested for fake money"

Not sure I'm allowed to express my opinion about spreading hate, so I'll stop here :coffee1:

Can't say I've seen or read a positive thread on AN about RU or CH, even most about TH is negative.  Let that sink in :coffee1:

I let it sink in, and I take your point.

Many Russians and Chinese in Thailand are low lifes, crims, con artists and fraudsters. I guess that's why no one posts positive reviews of these charming people.

This fraudster is Russian, why should the press suppress that fact to appease your narrative ?

11 hours ago, renaissanc said:

Before committing a crime foreigners should watch videos on YouTube about life in a Thai prison and at the Immigration Detention Centre all of which are earthly branches of Hell.

I'll tell you a secret: russians don't have strategic thinking, only tactical. They don't think about punishment/problems with the police/prison. That's why many russians have been to prison. Literally every second russian family has a relative who has been to prison.

11 hours ago, norfolkandchance said:

I tried to change it at varies shops and supermarkets and even Banks. The Banks said that they  would take the Note but processing would take a week or two.

I finally managed to change it at a Post Office but only after some scrutiny by the staff.

It probably depends on the country you are in. Worked for me at the first try at a bank in Spain ( though 8-9 years ago) and in Germany. 
It also worked at a kebab shop on a Sunday, without even buying anything, they seem to love 500s.

• Thumbs Up 1

13 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Must be tough using a 500 Euro note, it is supposedly worth 19,000 baht isn't it. 

We had lots of customers paying with 500 notes when they were first circulating. A bit of a problem as although they were real, if 6/7 people came in and paid with them, it would empty our cash till.  After a short while I kept a good pile of 100s just to give change. I mean why print them if the public can’t use them ? Today they are quite rare . Haven’t seen one for ages.,

On 8/28/2024 at 8:46 PM, geisha said:

We had lots of customers paying with 500 notes when they were first circulating. A bit of a problem as although they were real, if 6/7 people came in and paid with them, it would empty our cash till.  After a short while I kept a good pile of 100s just to give change. I mean why print them if the public can’t use them ? Today they are quite rare . Haven’t seen one for ages.,

The banks in EU zone take them out of circulation as soon as a customer turns one in. Then there are probably tons of 500 Euro notes abroad, just with the Deutschmark, billions of Deutschmark have not yet been exchanged into Euros.

on eBay 500 Euro notes are not worth more than its denomination, except for a few with

“ special“ , god knows, serial numbers 

Edited by JoergADA