Life Sentence for Spaniard in Koh Pha-ngan Murder Case

webfact

4 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

I will never understand the thinking, 2 months for cutting the guy to pieces and 2 years for destroying the passport??

...inconsequential and token after receiving the (commuted) death sentence for killing him.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, maesariang said:

Life sentence is how long normally?

About 5 years, 3 months and 26 days here. BUT that can be a life time for a Farang in the Bangkok Hilton or same.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, CharlieH said:

I will never understand the thinking, 2 months for cutting the guy to pieces and 2 years for destroying the passport??

TIT.  :wink:

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Agree 1

Im not sure it applies to a murder case but they usually get shipped back home after a few years, one English guy I know of did 8 years here then shipped back to the UK, 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Scouse123 said:

I believe it is, I think 25 years is the maximum you can spend in jail in Thailand,

After eight years, he can apply to finish his sentence, and be transferred to a Spanish jail, and whatever repatriation agreement it has with Thailand.

In Thailand, he will also receive time off for good behaviour, plus substantial reductions on auspicious occasions, such as the King's birthday etc.

You forgot to include monetary donations can be applied for reduced sentence. 

• Sad 1

16 hours ago, webfact said:

A court in Thailand sentenced Daniel Sancho Bronchalo to life imprisonment on Thursday

16 hours ago, webfact said:

Initially handed the death penalty, Sancho’s sentence was commuted to life in recognition of his cooperation

A life sentence in a Thai prison is worse than the death sentence. This guy will die in prison with the conditions there unless he gets a lot of support from outside and a lot of bribe money to the guards and boss of the prison. 

• Agree 1