Genki travel insurance?

Hummin

3 minutes ago, maesariang said:

Backed by Allianz which are large so would be ok

reviews looks good to, so I guess it will be my next provider after my original travel insurance expires. Can sign up while travelling, and cover driving big motorcycle as well. 

2 minutes ago, Hummin said:

reviews looks good to, so I guess it will be my next provider after my original travel insurance expires. Can sign up while travelling, and cover driving big motorcycle as well. 

Never used them but they sound good. I always look at who underwrites them. Allianz is as good as anyone. 

Hi, I got valid driving license in Thailand for big motorcycle, do you cover big bike driving?

Yes, Genki insurance covers driving a big motorcycle with a valid Thai driving license. You're covered for both scooter and car accidents in any country worldwide, including Southeast Asia. However, it's important to note that you're not covered if you're driving under the influence of drugs, excessive alcohol, or participating in a race. Additionally, motorcycle racing is not covered, but normal driving is fine.

Good to know for those who need a travel insurance for big bikes. Not every travel insurance providers covers big bike driving. 

1 minute ago, BKKKevin said:

The link just leads to a request for you phone number so a sales person can call you… :coffee1:

easy to sign up online. Used Safety wing before, but seems they have restricted their policies by now, and more expensive add on. 

"

Good question! If you are driving a scooter/motorbike larger than 50cc, you need the Sports AddOn

In case of an accident while driving a moped, motorbike, electric bicycle, or scooter your medical expenses may be eligible for coverage.

Be sure to wear proper safety gear (such as a belt or a helmet).

You must be properly licensed for the class of vehicle you're driving - check with local authorities for requirements.
Note that you may need more than a car driver's license for motorbikes."

26 minutes ago, Hummin said:

But travel insurance is no good if you live here and want health insurance.

18 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

But travel insurance is no good if you live here and want health insurance.

Im moved back home this spring, and this trip will be 4-6 months, not sure when my wife finely will have her family reunion visa. My travel insurance cover 75 days, so this is just a add on if I stay longer. Used travel insurance since I have been working abroad, and I have private health insurance pluss public social care in my orign country. 

Edited by Hummin

On 9/1/2024 at 4:28 PM, Hummin said:

Usually travel insurance can only be bought in your own country, for travelling abroad.

Do you think that you can simply add this onto your present cover while still in Thailand? And then go to another company when it runs out.

43 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

Usually travel insurance can only be bought in your own country, for travelling abroad.

Do you think that you can simply add this onto your present cover while still in Thailand? And then go to another company when it runs out.

Yes, both, Genki and Safety wing is socalled Nomad insurance you can sign-up while travelling. If you not had an overlapping insurance, you get quarantine before it becomes 100% effective, but emergency and accidents is covered.. 

• Thanks 1

I got Genki. They're almost to good too be true.

Even cover you if you go home on holiday for up to 6 weeks.

Prices and coverage are by far the best out there. 

Edited by Cameroni
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, Cameroni said:

I got Genki. They're almost to good too be true.

Even cover you if you go home on holiday for up to 6 weeks.

Prices and coverage are by far the best out there. 

So is it Travel Insurance, or Health/Accident cover.