What stage of the relationship are you currently in with your Thai lady?

4 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I agree.

But it seems some people here want serious conversation with their gf/wife.

This is why I asked what they have in mind. Until now I didn't receive any answer... 

Well, it could be anything from discussing the plot in a film or series, some current affairs event, or anything really. It's nice to have a meaningful conversation

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

But then, I am sure many also don't want "normalcy".

It sounds boring. 

I had some crazy gfs man.

One was threatening suicide. 

It was INTENSE. 

Then I took a break from dating for a while.

And the only reason I had to take a break from that is it's hard to hold a job with a crazy gf.

But I might be ready for another one.

Bring on an intense psychologically messed up woman man. I'll gladly take her on as a special fun project. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Therefor no one else can, because they can't? Logical 🫣

these threads always bring out the full spectrum ... the guy who had bad luck and the guy who was married 50 years without a bad day.

actually, it's too deep maybe, but there is a lot of "karma" in relationships.

you get what your karma dictates you deserve. 

or to quote bruce springsteen, "round here, you git whatchyou can git"

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

I must be bored, finally read the OP, after ignoring  yet another silly topic asking personal questions.

Stage 1, but no desire to buy her anything 😎

When and if I ever see stage 1 dissipating, I leave or just throw the bi-atch out.  NEXT

• Sad 2

13 hours ago, Antioch said:

The happy to be out of all those stages and free again.  Now when I eat out I only pay for one.  No more family group to pay for, no more sick this or that, and so on.

I'm free to enjoy all if Asia and the lovely pre stage 1 ladies that I like.  But that's just me, I admire those who persevere and give their all.

I've seen the results of a lost illusion, especially those who built houses on family land and put everything in her name.

Yep, lost the lot, even the TV set.

Talk to your type often.  Just survived a disaster and excited to tell everybody about their new exciting life.  Fast forward some years and yet again in a terrible relationship.  Maybe I'm wrong about you but you remind me of others...

31 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Hence a lot of the comments in this thread and this forum in general I suppose. 

Thats fair enough - but a lot of the same folk seem to consider normalcy here such an impossibility they remain firmly lost in their limited mindset. 

Well said

• Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

But then, I am sure many also don't want "normalcy".

It sounds boring. 

So many people who do not know normal healthy relations. 

7 hours ago, save the frogs said:

these threads always bring out the full spectrum ... the guy who had bad luck and the guy who was married 50 years without a bad day.

actually, it's too deep maybe, but there is a lot of "karma" in relationships.

you get what your karma dictates you deserve. 

or to quote bruce springsteen, "round here, you git whatchyou can git"

I like to think Im lucky! I will tell you in 10 years. I said the same 8 years ago. So far so good, to good to be true actually

Edited by Hummin
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, maesariang said:

Share a meal

Talk

Have fun

Have sex

Care for each other

What do single people do for 5 or 10 years?

I can do the first four quite well as a single but I'm not cut out for either caring or being cared for - I just find it oppressively claustrophobic.

I accept that I am in the minority.

• Thumbs Up 2

Just now, London Lowf said:

I can do the first four quite well as a single but I'm not cut out for either caring or being cared for - I just find it oppressively claustrophobic.

I accept that I am in the minority.

Fair enough. I do get that feeling but I do miss her after 2 days apart. Thais are very close/clingy compared to western women.

6 minutes ago, maesariang said:

Thais are very close/clingy compared to western women.

Some are - the last freelance girl that I saw regularly became very needy. I really can't handle that as I've got older and more set in my ways but many people enjoy that dependance.

17 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Why did you marry her after all those years?

Do you expect that your relationship including marriage will be the same? Do you think that makes it better? Do you fear it might make it worse (for you)?

Hmm interesting questions. I married her because I’m in my view a completely stable relationship and I’m not getting any younger. I see her as everything I could ask for in a partner and I wanted to seal the deal and protect her financially should I pop my clogs. I have no family and would rather she benefit from my death than anyone else.

Yes I do think my relationship now I’m married to be the same. I made the decision to marry I was not coerced if it all goes tits up then so be it. No one knows what’s around the next corner and many of the strongest of marriages have failed, a risk maybe but life is full of risks. She is also the kind of lady who has never been married before, has no children, has a career, brings money to the table and is 52 years old. I feel it’s right to give her a bit more security in her older years. She’s a good women and right for me.

i think being married makes it better for her financially really I have no one to leave anything to so why shouldn’t she benefit she has already given me 7.5 very good years. I see no reason to believe the next 7.5+ won’t be equally as good. To be honest I have no fears where she is concerned and certainly don’t feel things might get worse. 

• Thanks 2

18 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

The stage that finds the questions with the above limits highly blinkered...  almost myopic... 

... how about a 'perfectly healthy and normal relationship' stage ? - Posts such as the Ops imply 'normalcy' cannot be achieved here.

Perhaps your "normal" is most men's abnormal.

50% divorce rate in the west, so marriage isn't a very successful condition. Would you drive a car if there was a 50% chance of it crashing?

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, Utalk2mutt said:

I feel it’s right to give her a bit more security in her older years.

There is no need to get married to do that. A will does that job.

Doesn't make any difference to me if you did or didn't, but that reason does not work for myself. I wasn't married to my first partner and she got just about everything when it ended anyway.

12 hours ago, KhunLA said:

I must be bored, finally read the OP, after ignoring  yet another silly topic asking personal questions.

Stage 1, but no desire to buy her anything 😎

When and if I ever see stage 1 dissipating, I leave or just throw the bi-atch out.  NEXT

image.png.ce85aa5d9021604029613b3ebc949816.png

Not sure why 2 folks think that is sad.   What I find sad, is people staying in relationships they're not happy in.

Why I 'had' 2 live in GF, and now on wife #4.   If not happy, I or they will be moving on.  18+  yrs with #4, so a reckon she's a keeper.  None of the others lasted 2 year.

Quite happy with my wife. Married 9 years, married 3 weeks after meeting her, we adopted 1 child, she has never asked for any money , she cooks cleans gardens cuts my nails, lays my clothes out, wants me always dressed nice to go out, Typical vintage thai woman

She's a bit rageddy around the edges now being 46, but she's a keeper

Always say best thing to do is come to Thailand, have as much sex as you can or want, and then find a keeper - get it out of your system

• Like 1

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

There is no need to get married to do that. A will does that job.

Doesn't make any difference to me if you did or didn't, but that reason does not work for myself. I wasn't married to my first partner and she got just about everything when it ended anyway.

No that’s true but it’s the way I wanted to do it. It doesn’t work for you hey that’s fine we are all different.

On 9/2/2024 at 12:30 AM, Keeps said:

We are at the stage where she giggles if she happens to accidentally fart in front of me whereas previously, she was absolutely mortified. 

...and they say romance is dead 🤣

She's the reason I'm alive and kicking. Met her when I was attemtpting to drink myself into a diabetic coma in Bangkok😅

Been married 6 years, we have some kids. We're gonna follow a dream of mine and start my business after we settle in to our own home.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 9/1/2024 at 10:00 PM, Chris Daley said:

Stage 1 Honeymoon Phase - She is adorable and you want to buy her things.  She seems like a decent person.

Stage 2 Financial Dependency Stage - The mask is now off.  She demands for things.  'If you don't keep this job, we are finished!!'

Stage 3 Abusive Stage - She is now an emotional an psychological bully.  Every little thing is an argument.  You can't do right for doing wrong.  Your entire life is now just to make her happy.

I drifted into stage 3 so I said 'okay sure, I'm going'...  She quickly went back to stage 2.  Nice meals, nice outfits, and a more pleasant personality.

How about you?  What stage of the relationship are you at with your Thai lady?

Are you really having such a miserable life that you can´t come up with any other alternative stages? I really feel sorry for you.

• Agree 2