Do you still see girls in bars which you would consider as girlfriend/wife?

20 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

In a bar I see maybe 50 girls on stage. I seldom pick the best-looking girl.

That's actually a smart move. The best looking ones are in high demand, therefore will likely be less responsive and less enjoyable to be around. Plus, they will usually have more mileage on them than the ones who aren't the best looking. The top girls could be turning multiple tricks per night versus the other ones who may not get taken out so often and could prove to be more pleasurable to spend time with. 

8 minutes ago, London Lowf said:

Years ago I hooked up exclusively with bar girls – as an older guy and a long-term tourist rather than an expat it was a convenient way to meet.

With the wide availability of girls online I am now reluctant to pay a bar-fine – very aptly named as it is a penalty for the punter. I have no objections whatsoever in paying a girl but do not like the idea of a pimp latching on to the transaction and so have only used freelancers for the last few years.

Of course, most are one-night stands but there have been a couple of gems who I visited on multiple occasions and would have considered a longer relationship if I was a full-time resident.

The fact that a girl has worked in a bar or as a freelancer does not put me off – in fact, quite the opposite as I prefer a girl who has experience rather than a twenty-year-old bimbo.

PS: I still go to bars for beer and people-watching every night when in Thailand and there are still some nice-looking girls in Patong – Pattaya and Bangkok sound grim!

I was in the main bar street of Chiang Mai yesterday, to say it's grim is an understatement. All the "girls" were at least 45. 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, MalcolmB said:

Didnt you previously say she was 15 when you first took her?

I don’t think you would find any that young anymore.

You got that wrong. She was already 16. 😉

And considering the fact that I am also already a little older by now, I accept girls 20 - 25. I even met once a 27-year-old girl who I liked a lot.

19 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

And considering the fact that I am also already a little older by now, I accept girls 20 - 25. I even met once a 27-year-old girl who I liked a lot.

Nice to hear that now you are elderly you are showing an interest in legal aged sex workers. 

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

That is funny but are you serious?  

34 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

If they can get rid of your dirty oil then go for it, age is irrelevant.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, MalcolmB said:

Nice to hear that now you are elderly you are showing an interest in legal aged sex workers. 

Don't worry, I always showed an interest in girls above 18 and even above 20. But there were and properly still are some very cute girls who are above the age of consent and who like to have a farang boyfriend.

2 hours ago, atpeace said:

That is funny but are you serious?  

Of course I am serious.

And you can ask any guy who lives in Thailand for decades and they will confirm you that some time ago 16 yo girls were not unusual in bars. In one well known police owned bar in Soi Cowboy they put the youngest girls at the front of the stage - naked.

• Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Of course I am serious.

And you can ask any guy who lives in Thailand for decades and they will confirm you that some time ago 16 yo girls were not unusual in bars. In one well known police owned bar in Soi Cowboy they put the youngest girls at the front of the stage - naked.

You and your stories, always a lesson in every of your tales!  🤗

21 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Of course I am serious.

Neither a purtiain nor a prude,  and have been here for decades -- almost longer than I care to admit.

Yes, in the past did encounter underage girls, can't say I ever knowingly took one home or that I would have been proud of myself if I had. 

I can even recall sending home a young un that had followed me back from soi zero when i was <deleted>faced. 

some people just have lines they don't cross. The last time I slept with a 19 year I was 25 and she was so desperate and easy I did it  twice. Different strokes n all that, While you were at cowboy i was out clubbing   

Edited by n00dle

4 hours ago, Cameroni said:

I was in the main bar street of Chiang Mai yesterday, to say it's grim is an understatement. All the "girls" were at least 45. 

Loy Kroh Road? I drink there now and again. Have met and chatted to a few pleasant 'girls' there but you certainly don't see many (if any) 'lookers' these days. I have one favourite bar within the bar complex I always visit if I'm out but only to chat and have a drink with a couple of the girls and the owner is a nice guy.

I don't know if there is an alternative area within CM where there is a bar scene and the girls may be a bit more attractive?

A very hard 100% no... 

I wouldn't consider the same in the UK, so why here ? 

I wouldn't consider a 'date' with a girl unless her English was excellent, I mean educated English, not English picked up through other means (i.e. interaction with foreigners in social environments).

Thats just my opinion (asked for in the Op) and I pass no judgement on others who have dated BG's etc...  Its just not something I'd ever consider. 

• Confused 3
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I met my gf in a bar, many years ago. At that time, it seemed almost everybody met their girlfriends in bars - at least the people I know personally.

I am not looking for a new gf, but I have to admit from time to time I play that game: what if. What if my gf would have a deadly accident and I would be single again and looking for a new girl.

Would I look in a bar? Any other specific places? Online?

What kind of girl/women would I look for? Similar to what my gf was when I met her many years ago? Similar how she was recently? Something completely different?

In a way I would like to have another one similar to what my gf used to be. Young, cute, innocent, happy enjoying life.

Apart from the big issue if such a girl would want me, it seems to me there are not many young, cute, innocent girls around anymore. For the sake of this thread, let's say >= 20 years old.

Maybe once a week I go with a friend through a couple of bars in Nana. And what do I see? Mostly fat girls who are nearer to 30 than 20, many over 30. Most of them are a little or a lot overweight. And very few give me the impression that they are just nice girls. I think years ago there were plenty of nice girls in the bars. Now, not anymore.

Obviously, my vision and perception changed with age, experience, etc. I am also not as horny anymore, so the "wow, I want her" situations don't happen much anymore.

But all in all, I think there are just not many attractive girls in the bars anymore.

Sometimes I still see cute waitresses in restaurants, nice girls in 7/11, etc. But in the bars? Seldom, very seldom.

What do you think about this? If you are not against the concept of having a gf from a bar, do you still see some or many girls which you would consider girlfriend material?

Again, to make this clear, I am sure many of the girls would not be interested in me, even if I wanted them. I know that. But my point is still: There are almost no nice girls in the bars anymore, independent of the fact if they would want me. How about you?

For me it would be meeting normal girls/freelancers in naightclubs and also  use tinder/dating apps.

Im best at meeting people through activity, so it have come to my mind, there is many nice women with elderly golf players. I might look in that direction becoming gik or find wealthy widowed one. 

7 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Of course I am serious.

16 year old prostitutes is illegal in many countries. Thailand also.

who like to have a farang boyfriend.

I doubt the 16 year olds were in the bars/brothels because they were looking for love.

I reckon it might have been they were desperate for money more than romance.

• Like 1

Of course I am serious.

I've been here since 1998 and I kind of remember very young girls but not my type so probably just looked past them.  I do remember asking for IDs a few times so it definitely was on my mind.  My American GF was hot at 16 so I understand the attraction but at 32 when I was in Soi Cowboy I found even 18 frustrating vs 25.  Maybe the 18yo had fake IDs. 

Now I'm into women close to my age+- that are beautiful and healthy mentally which is EXTREMELY hard to find.  It would take a decade or two using online dating services IMO.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, MalcolmB said:

16 year old prostitutes is illegal in many countries. Thailand also.

Correct.

But it's not illegal to ask a 16 year old to become your girlfriend and live with her together. That's what I did.

Her parents are legally allowed to complain - if they want that. But maybe the parents are happy that a guy loves their daughter and takes care of her. The father of my gf knows me in person, and he never complained. Her mother died when she was only a few years old.

56 minutes ago, MalcolmB said:

I doubt the 16 year olds were in the bars/brothels because they were looking for love.

I reckon it might have been they were desperate for money more than romance.

And many young girls work and worked in bars because their mother or older sister told them to do that. That is unfortunately very normal in Thailand. Mother wants money, mother tells her daughters to work and give her lots of money. And mother knows what the girls have to do to make that money. And mother doesn't care. TiT

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

24 minutes ago, atpeace said:

Now I'm into women close to my age+- that are beautiful and healthy mentally which is EXTREMELY hard to find. 

Good.

I also like beautiful and healthy mentally. And IMHO many people get more and more damaged (and stubborn) the older they get. 

I think it is probably easier to find a beautiful and healthy mentally girl with 20 than one with 30 or 40. With 20 she didn't have time to accumulate too much damage (and bad habits). 

2 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

And many young girls work and worked in bars because their mother or older sister told them to do that. That is unfortunately very normal in Thailand.

I don’t think that would be “normal”.

A very small percentage perhaps. 

You use the word “unfortunately” as if you disapprove? 
But you participated.

Sounds like you know it is off but want to justify it by blaming police and parents.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, MalcolmB said:

Did he know she was prostituting herself at 16?

And how long had she been in the game?

I don't know how much he knew. We never talked about that.

Her elder stepsister was the one who decided that little sister should work in a bar.

And, in a way surprisingly, the elder stepsister allowed her little sister to stay with me. I promised the older sister to take care of the little sister. And that's what I did. I pay for everyday expenses; I didn't have to pay anything to the big sister or anybody else in the family.

She worked only a few weeks in a bar. And she was happy to leave that job and live with me.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I don't know how much he knew. We never talked about that.

Her elder stepsister was the one who decided that little sister should work in a bar.

And, in a way surprisingly, the elder stepsister allowed her little sister to stay with me. I promised the older sister to take care of the little sister. And that's what I did. I pay for everyday expenses; I didn't have to pay anything to the big sister or anybody else in the family.

She worked only a few weeks in a bar. And she was happy to leave that job and live with me.

Where would I find myself one of these 16 year olds?

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1