Thai woman loses 230,000 baht in money exchange scam in Australia - video

19 minutes ago, snoop1130 said:

Pad revealed that her friend wanted to exchange 10,000 Australian dollars for Thai baht and deposit the Thai currency into her Thai bank account. In her search for the best exchange rate, she found a post from a scammer and contacted the person via the LINE application.

So  perhaps to save 1% by simply not using her bank she lost it all. Really should not make a stink if she is there on a student visa, which I would guess she is. Hence complaining in Thai to Thai publications and social media. 

• Confused 2

i guess she found the best deal (for the scammer) Honestly, if you deal with shady characters you have to expect something bad to happen. She knew what the legitimate sources were offering to transfer the funds. She chose to find the bigger and better deal outside of trusted sources. She deserves to lose that money. 

• Confused 1
  • Agree 2

9 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Police officers and detectives were called to the scene but they could not decide who was entitled to the cash. The case was therefore submitted to the court.

what ? 

this whole thing smells like a scam to me. 

11 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

she found a post from a scammer and contacted the person via the LINE application.

It's not just Australia. 

Line and Facebook Scammers are everywhere. 

Stupid people are everywhere, this is why the Scammers keep scamming, too many stupid people 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST

There is a whole subculture in this world, who absolutely refuse to work for a living, and instead like to prey on those who are vulnerable, naive, dumb, and easy victims. It is our responsibility to be careful, prudent, willing to do some vetting, some research, some due diligence, anytime we part with cash. Especially online. Dealing with Ebay, Lazada, Amazon is one thing. You have recourse. But, dealing with Facebook vendors, Instagram, Youtube, Line, dating sites, or any other social media, the scammers outweigh the real deals. People get taken every day. I get junk emails offering me at least $100 million a month. 

Darwin was right. Some people just do not have good skills to survive and thrive in this world. 

• Love It 1

2 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Darwin was right. Some people just do not have good skills to survive and thrive in this world. 

To be fair, travelling to other countries, e.g. Thailand, can help the most trusting person to become wary of offers that are too good to be true. 

• Agree 2

thais running a scam in Australia,  as usual a thai wanting to make as much money as possible out of it so is open to being ripped off just like the idiots in Thailand that just give their money away thinking they will make more money,. Once money is involved many thais stop thinking and just try to make a profit from it, they lack the common sense that would require them to make sure it is all above board before giving their money away but unlike Thaland the aussie  police became involved straight away so as yet she hant lost her money and it will be sorted in a court again unlike Thailand

• Confused 1