The Bangkok River Level Thread 2024 - Post your images and local situation here.

Crossy

5 hours ago, JAS21 said:

Out of interest, approximately  which area is that? I’ve never seen the road flooded

Prachachuen 28, opposite DBU

reliably flooded every time it rains

Prachachuen itself is not flooded, starts a few meters inside the soi

16 hours ago, Lorry said:

Prachachuen 28, opposite DBU

reliably flooded every time it rains

Prachachuen itself is not flooded, starts a few meters inside the soi

Sounds like Bond St and its sois. I think 2 years ago there was a big downpour. Muang Thong Thani went under water and many cars were damaged. My crv got through it, but in some locations, even pickups wouldn't go through it. My doc on Bond st reported water going into her clinic when cars went by. 

Im not sure the concrete wall could stop water - There are plenty of gaps in it. Not sure they have all been sealed. 

If it is of any help, the Pasak dam in Lopburi was built, for irrigation for locale farmers, and help with the flooding of Bangkok and Ayutthaya ,the Pasak river comes downs from Pechabun ,200 km from the dam.

The Pasak River flows in the Chow paya river at Bang Par Inn, in Ayutthaya province, that has been the problem, you have two rivers, almost full all flowing in too Bangkok.

Now back to the Pasak dam ,on my door step ,was they last week ,now about 86% full ,normal now it is full ,and they open the dam gates and let the water go ,so thay say to stop flooding around the dam, now the gates are barely open not a lot of water is flowing (not good fishing year),so less water is flowing in to the Pasak and Chow Paya rivers les coming down to you.

But, Thai TV was up at Charnat province a few days ago the big dam they is about full, some water will have to be let go, that will be coming your way.

But here in Lopburi the felling that the rainy season is done for this year, bar the odd few days of rain,i.e. 64 mm of rain last weekend. 

1 hour ago, chickenslegs said:

Just saw this whilst browsing. I don't know if it's recent, but I thought it was amusing.

Chao Praya riverboat cruise barely makes it under a bridge.

I've been on one like that in London. And indeed it had to terminate before London Bridge as it couldn't go under.