The benefits of living alone as an older man

12 hours ago, JimTripper said:

Things like hips, not arms. When that happens they tend to not heal and it puts a lot of stress on the body.

Hips are no big deal. They were something we did a lot of in orthopedics. Old ladies fall over and break their neck of femur all the time. Simple operation to insert a steel pin fixes it.

On 9/4/2024 at 1:56 AM, simon43 said:

I found this interesting video on YouTube about the benefits for older men to live alone.  Actually, the points mentioned in the video would seem also to apply to women living alone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1dqJO-OIPo

The only downside that I can think of when living alone is if one has medical needs or a medical emergency. A compromise would be to employ a daily housekeeper or closer neighbour who perhaps brings food (if one is housebound), does some cleaning, or just pops in to check that you're OK.

Indeed they do tackle some of those issues in their follow up:

On 9/3/2024 at 5:56 PM, simon43 said:

I found this interesting video on YouTube about the benefits for older men to live alone.  Actually, the points mentioned in the video would seem also to apply to women living alone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1dqJO-OIPo

The only downside that I can think of when living alone is if one has medical needs or a medical emergency. A compromise would be to employ a daily housekeeper or closer neighbour who perhaps brings food (if one is housebound), does some cleaning, or just pops in to check that you're OK.

Just hire a nurse so many hours per day.

Cheaper in the long run.