Thai man surrenders after fatally shooting couple over cat poop

webfact

fatal-shooting.webp

A man has surrendered to the police after fatally shooting a couple after they complained about the family cat pooping outside the victims’ house. The incident occurred yesterday in the Wat Talat Nuea community, Pathum Thani, where 32 year old Sitthichok, used a firearm to shoot 45 year old Narongwit and 54 year old Thada, while they were riding their motorcycle home.

According to initial reports, the conflict stemmed from disputes over a cat defecating in front of Sitthichok’s house, leading to frequent arguments between Sitthichok’s mother and the deceased couple.

Around 8pm yesterday, September 3, Sitthichok turned himself in at the Pathum Thani Police Station and confessed to the crime. He explained to Police Colonel Wiwat Asawawiboon that the deceased had verbally abused him for years, often targeting his parents as well.

Sitthichok revealed that he had purchased the gun online for 40,000 baht (US$1,170). The final altercation began when Narongwit, riding his motorcycle, passed by and questioned Sitthichok aggressively. Feeling provoked, Sitthichok waited for Narongwit to return with Thada and then shot them. Sitthichok claimed he could not remember the number of shots fired.

“The deceased had been insulting me and my parents for a long time. It was mostly general insults, but it had been going on since I can remember.

“I bought the gun online for 40,000 baht. On the day of the incident, Narongwit asked me why I was looking at him. I went inside, waited for him to return with his wife, and then shot them. I can’t recall how many times I fired.”

Police Colonel Wiwat confirmed that Sitthichok admitted to all charges. The weapon used in the crime was later disposed of in the Theppathum River, and officers are set to search the area for evidence. Sitthichok faces charges of premeditated murder and violations of the Firearms Act.

Sitthichok’s sister, 36 year old Kanchana, provided additional context, stating that the deceased often complained about the narrow entrance to their home. She mentioned that the dead couple would frequently complain when passing by their house, which added to the tension, reported KhaoSod.

“The deceased constantly complained about the narrow entrance when they had to pass by our house. Instead of being considerate neighbours, they were always nitpicking.

“My brother, who is usually quiet, was likely infuriated by their continuous insults towards our parents. The argument about the cat defecating in front of our house yesterday pushed him over the edge.”

by Bright Choomanee
Picture courtesy of KhaoSod

Source: The Thaiger 

-- 2024-09-04

news-footer-4.png

Get the ASEAN NOW daily NEWSLETTER - Click HERE to subscribe

• Like 1
  • Sad 6
  • Love It 1

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

So not an anger issue, but premeditated murder.

“I bought the gun online for 40,000 baht"

He could of brought it for anything ,verman on the garden, you ain't making no lawyer, is tear that to 2

• Confused 10
  • Sad 1

This country has gone bonkers with the amount of guns here, illigal and legal.

Time to stop this 50% reduction for a crime when you plead guilty, especially for murder.

Out in 10 yrs is not good enough time to make the population sit up and take notice, and a minimum sentence of two years for any one that breaks the gun laws. even if they don't fire them.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

19 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

This country has gone bonkers with the amount of guns here, illigal and legal.

Time to stop this 50% reduction for a crime when you plead guilty, especially for murder.

Out in 10 yrs is not good enough time to make the population sit up and take notice, and a minimum sentence of two years for any one that breaks the gun laws. even if they don't fire them.

Murder, for whatever reason, and regardless whether one admits it, warrants DEATH!

Just now, prakhonchai nick said:

Murder, for whatever reason, and regardless whether one admits it, warrants DEATH!

IMO should be for whole Life, depending on the circumstances let them suffer in jail, death is an easy way out.

• Agree 2

Well there's two morals to this story, number one is don't be mouthing off to your neighbors or to strangers in general, as the consequences can be quite dire.

The second moral to this story is try not to kill people, it's really not a good idea to kill people, unless your life or the life of a family member is in grave danger. 

We should all try to avoid extreme stupidity at all costs. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

9 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

IMO should be for whole Life, depending on the circumstances let them suffer in jail, death is an easy way out.

Unfortunately as we all know, whole life is never that. The scum would probably be out living a normal life again in just a few years with parole and "pardons"!  Also think of the taxpayer money to keep hm for life. A bullet is cheaper!

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, webfact said:

Around 8pm yesterday, September 3, Sitthichok turned himself in at the Pathum Thani Police Station and confessed to the crime. He explained to Police Colonel Wiwat Asawawiboon that the deceased had verbally abused him for years, often targeting his parents as well.

Enjoy prison food for the rest of your life, and contemplate if your actions were beneficial.

• Like 1

Could have just shot the cat. Not the right thing to do, but better outcome than killing them. I have faced the same issue, and sometimes It feels like need going with the fists, because some people just have too much pride to accept they are at fault and can't be responsible for their own animals. 

1 hour ago, 2008bangkok said:

He could of brought it for anything ,verman on the garden, you ain't making no lawyer, is tear that to 2

Ok, and you are not making sense. That´s a worse condition. Not becoming a lawyer is a bliss.

26 minutes ago, impulse said:

One more case in favor of renting, so you can move if you end up with bad neighbors. 

Nobody won this one.

Little bit late for them to move. 😉 

34 minutes ago, Patong2021 said:

You are accepting his story about a cat. I suggest that there was no cat poop. Cats bury their turds.

really , have some that come to <deleted> in my garden, gate is closed, only cats climb over/under

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Patong2021 said:

You are accepting his story about a cat. I suggest that there was no cat poop. Cats bury their turds.

Hmm,

I guessing you maybe don't have a cat, or have a polite house cat.

Strife has 8 cats.  Speedy maybe will bury, Dora, Winnie and Tonka don't bury and just walk away. Panda, Oreo, and Koko don't bury, but make a token effort by scratching the sides of the litter box. Lucky never uses the litter box, but he's kinda been exiled outside due to conflict with the other males.  Oh. although Winnie doesn't bury, she does wipe her butt on the floor like a dog. 

• Sad 1

He bought the gun in anticipation of that final provocation & intended to use it.

My nitwit neighbor hates our cats and put a long piece of wood with hundreds of sharpened nails on his fence ledge.

I’d better be careful of the old git, he maybe trawling the website

2 hours ago, ignore it said:

Hmm,

I guessing you maybe don't have a cat, or have a polite house cat.

Strife has 8 cats.  Speedy maybe will bury, Dora, Winnie and Tonka don't bury and just walk away. Panda, Oreo, and Koko don't bury, but make a token effort by scratching the sides of the litter box. Lucky never uses the litter box, but he's kinda been exiled outside due to conflict with the other males.  Oh. although Winnie doesn't bury, she does wipe her butt on the floor like a dog. 

Hope you have a good neighbour.

4 hours ago, brfsa2 said:

Could have just shot the cat. Not the right thing to do, but better outcome than killing them. I have faced the same issue, and sometimes It feels like need going with the fists, because some people just have too much pride to accept they are at fault and can't be responsible for their own animals. 

It was the shooters cat! The victims complained about it.

• Thanks 1