Why Do Lazada Logistics Partners lie So Much?

Lite Beer

7 minutes ago, Lite Beer said:

I have lost count of the times that we sit in all day waiting for a Lazada delivery.

Only to be informed on the tracker that they can't deliver because of the recipient asking for the delivery to be rescheduled.

Why can't they just be honest and say that the driver was too lazy or ran out of time or could not find the house etc.

They all do it.

Useless the lot of them.

And yet, with the 100s of deliveries, I've never had that happen  😎

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

And yet, with the 100s of deliveries, I've never had that happen  😎

Maybe you live near the beginning of their round.

I must live near the end.

I just wish they would be honest and not blame the customer.

As long as they don't expect a tip when they do eventually decide to turn up.

• Thumbs Up 1

That has happened to me on numerous occasions , I went to their local office and explained to the manager just what you have stated.

If they are too busy , I  understand , but do not pretend you cannot get in touch with us or we weren't at home , or we rescheduled cos' that pisses me off.

I had one ring once and told the Mrs that it was raining to hard for him to deliver .

The majority of them are good but the odd one or two are to553rs.

39 minutes ago, Lite Beer said:

informed on the tracker that they can't deliver because of the recipient asking for the delivery to be rescheduled.

That has happened many times, but I don't accuse the delivery service of lying.  I suspect that when they reschedule, they have to choose from a limited list of Thai script items from a dropdown menu.  I assume that when we view the ingulitch version of the website, the stated reason is a poor translation.

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, NoDisplayName said:

That has happened many times, but I don't accuse the delivery service of lying.  I suspect that when they reschedule, they have to choose from a limited list of Thai script items from a dropdown menu.  I assume that when we view the ingulitch version of the website, the stated reason is a poor translation.

I agree to this ....  they just select customer re-schedule because there is no correct selection for what the real reason is ....  I don't think it's there fault ... it's the system platform. 

I have had this often happen in the past, with one particular logistics, who happen to have their warehouse just 3 streets down from where I live.

Then when I looked in the tracking details, they would have a call of less than 10 seconds registered, so I had evidence that actually no call was made.

I called Shopee and Lazada a few times and told them that if that logistics was selected again, I would by default reject the delivery. Told the same to the sellers, who said they had not an option to select which logistics.

Then suddenly no orders had that logistics company anymore. Currently very few orders are again by that logistics, but they get delivered on time

That reminds me of a friend in a company with an expensive internet line.

On every monthly statement the supplier claimed 100% uptime, even if that was false.

One month the service was really bad and my friend, the IT manager, called the supplier and complained.

They admitted that there was no 100% uptime, but they urged him not to complain. They explained to him that is he complains then they don't get their bonus. And to get their bonus, they always said the system was always 100% working. Thai logic.

I guess with delivery companies something similar is going on. If they don't deliver x amount, then maybe they don't get a bonus or money deducted or something like that. This is why they claim the customer is responsible even if it was their own fault. 

But isn't that just the Thai way with everything? Not admitting fault, blaming something or someone else for their own failings?

I must be honest, I rarely have an issue with the logistics companies used by Lazada. However, I did recently have a parcel that was quoted as being "In line haul" for about 24 hours. I'm presuming that it got lost in transit somewhere and was sent to the wrong location. Or the vehicle it was traveling in broke down or crashed... But they are never going to admit that the fault lies with them.

1 hour ago, NoDisplayName said:

No its because if the driver fails to deliver a package as a result of something they do or don't do they are charged a large fine, more than they make for the delivery. The only exception where they are not fined is if the customer is not home or can't be reach to confirm delivery.